New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Practice what your preach vs. Extreme Agression by MetalcoreSUCKS on Apr 4,2006 10:29am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by MetalcoreSUCKS at Apr 4,2006 10:29am
Lets compare these 2 Thrash Metal albums.While I think both are great,I think Extreme Agression is an overall better album.

toggletoggle post by Josh_hates_you  at Apr 4,2006 10:32am
is this a thread about the 2 way cool metalcore bands?

x-PracticeWhatYouPreacH-x
and
X-treme Agression-X

We know you love metalcore.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Apr 4,2006 10:33am
"the legacy" is the only testament album i truly love, so i'll go with extreme aggression. to me, kreator is a better band overall.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 4,2006 12:15pm
Extreme Aggression has been played through my speakers way more times than Practice or even Legacy

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Apr 4,2006 12:34pm
EA alll fucking day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Apr 4,2006 12:39pm
Extreme Agression has cooler riffs, but I love both records

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Apr 4,2006 1:46pm
Both are great, but I don't feel they are the best records from their respective bands.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 4,2006 1:53pm
^^^^^

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Apr 4,2006 2:10pm
shit... that's like comparing apples to bananas

I can't pick a favorite out of Testament vs. Kreator...

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 4,2006 2:17pm
apples are way better than bananas

toggletoggle post by watchmaker666  at Apr 4,2006 2:27pm
extreme agression hands down

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Apr 4,2006 2:34pm
Christraper said:
apples are way better than bananas

No way dude they're both good.
But I do like kreator better than testament

toggletoggle post by MetalcoreSUCKS at Apr 4,2006 3:09pm
I also like Kreator over Testament.

toggletoggle post by handinjury at Apr 4,2006 3:28pm
My vote for Testament. They never put out a shit album.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Apr 4,2006 3:36pm
Even The Ritual?! I have every TESTAMENT CD except for The Ritual.

Every KREATOR is good up to Coma of Souls, nothing from that CD to Violent Revolution is.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Apr 4,2006 3:41pm
kREATOR over Testament. Coma of Souls is a classic to me, i listened to that tape in HS every single day.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Apr 4,2006 3:42pm
violent revolution is my favorite "newer" kreator album. I love the riffs on that

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Apr 4,2006 3:55pm edited Apr 4,2006 3:57pm
I liked "The Ritual" but it was definitely something different, and more laid back, I can see why people didn't really buy into it, had this very reverby production and was somewhat slower than the other albums.

"Coma of Souls" is my favorite Kreator, and one of my favorite metal albums period, based on the fact that there are more amazing riffs on that record than nearly any other thrash album ever made. I don't think there is one bum riff on the entire thing. After that, "Pleasure to Kill" and "Terrible Certainty" are my favorites b/c they were fucking nasty at the time.

Overall I like Kreator more, but they had that middle stretch where they were trying to find new ground and not exactly succeeding ("Cause for Conflict, Outcast, End-O-Rama"). Testament never really had a phase like that, if anything they only got heavier on "Low" or "Demonic".

In the end though who cares, both of them rule and have made some of the best music ever.

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Apr 4,2006 6:47pm
I like Kreator better.. I also think they put on a better live show

toggletoggle post by BestialOnslaught  at Apr 4,2006 6:50pm
Extreme Aggression by a good shot, though both bands were past their peak at this point. I'd say everything KREATOR did before that album trumps all of TESTAMENT's catalog, but The Legacy vs. Extreme Aggression is a close call. Practice What You Preach is not a terrible album, but it's really fluffy and not very Thrash at all.

toggletoggle post by MetalcoreSUCKS at Apr 5,2006 11:59am
The only thing that Testament had over Kreator back in the day was better lead playing.Alex Scolnick is the best lead guitarist in Thrash Metal in my opinion.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 5,2006 12:02pm
handinjury said:
My vote for Testament. They never put out a shit album.

LOW proves you 100% wrong in this statement.
that shit made me hate testament for years.

toggletoggle post by Dissector NLI at Apr 5,2006 12:03pm
Kreator all the way! They're one of my favorite thrash bands.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Apr 5,2006 12:18pm edited Apr 5,2006 12:31pm
dwellingsickness said:

This is probably true these days, but I have seen Testament about 8 or 9 times, and a few times in the 'old' days when they were 'on', they definitely smoked Kreator live. But in the bigger venues when I've seen them it wasn't so great. Kreator has better music, but they don't have a 10' tall American Indian stomping around with the frontmanship.

toggletoggle post by Anthony at Apr 5,2006 12:21pm
DrinkHardThrashHard said:
I liked "The Ritual" but it was definitely something different, and more laid back, I can see why people didn't really buy into it, had this very reverby production and was somewhat slower than the other albums.

"Coma of Souls" is my favorite Kreator, and one of my favorite metal albums period, based on the fact that there are more amazing riffs on that record than nearly any other thrash album ever made. I don't think there is one bum riff on the entire thing. After that, "Pleasure to Kill" and "Terrible Certainty" are my favorites b/c they were fucking nasty at the time.

Overall I like Kreator more, but they had that middle stretch where they were trying to find new ground and not exactly succeeding ("Cause for Conflict, Outcast, End-O-Rama"). Testament never really had a phase like that, if anything they only got heavier on "Low" or "Demonic".

In the end though who cares, both of them rule and have made some of the best music ever.

i liked The Ritual as well. Definitely an interesting album.

toggletoggle post by MetalcoreSUCKS at Apr 5,2006 12:50pm
DrinkHardThrashHard said:
dwellingsickness said:

This is probably true these days, but I have seen Testament about 8 or 9 times, and a few times in the 'old' days when they were 'on', they definitely smoked Kreator live. But in the bigger venues when I've seen them it wasn't so great. Kreator has better music, but they don't have a 10' tall American Indian stomping around with the frontmanship.

Mille is a much more creative song writer than CHuck or Eric.Plus Kreator's riffs smoke most of Testaments

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Apr 5,2006 12:56pm edited Apr 5,2006 12:58pm
I know. In fact, I just said that in the post you responded to. "Kreator has better music". I was comparing the live performances I have seen by both. You fail reading comprehension.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Skinless Frozen Night Creatures
[default homepage] [print][2:49:39am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.02504 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]