New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> anyone ship via DHL? by niccolai on Apr 4,2006 9:16am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 4,2006 9:16am
I just had 25 tee shirts shipped here with DHL.

I'm wondering how people feel about DHL, being a new company.

In my specific area, the fedex guy is an idiot and is the kindof guy who leaves boxes with stickers that say 'this side up' facing down. The fedex truck comes around 7 pm in my area while DHL and UPS are in the area by 2.

So pretty much up until now I've prefered UPS for everything.

The only problem I'm having with DHL right now is their tracking service... they don't keep it updated as frequently as UPS does. It's about 11 hours behind.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 4,2006 9:24am
DHL does things like deliverying 2 packages on the same day, at different times, leaving one right in front of your door and another outside on the street.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 4,2006 9:28am
haha brilliant.

So I probably shouldn't switch my main shipping methods to DHL?

Whenever I buy a drumset offline or something, I need to stay home the hole day because you can pretty much expect 4-6 seperate deliveries.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Apr 4,2006 9:33am
DHL is no good.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 4,2006 9:33am
I've used DHL for quite a few years...they've been around longer than i've been alive. I usually wind up doing DHL for international stuff, i have never has issues

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 4,2006 9:35am
um.. you say that like you buy them often?

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 4,2006 9:36am
not sure if yer talking to me...i've used it for work stuff and i never have a choice...when i get stuff from overseas i get it from dhl, if it's within north america then UPS, FedEx or USPS...

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 4,2006 9:39am
any other horror stories to keep me in anxiety while I wait for them to deliver my package today?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 4,2006 9:55am
carina: have you ever bought a drumset? I was talking to niccolai. he talks like he's made of drumsets which I find had to believe. I mean, there is nothing on him as thick as a snare.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 4,2006 10:09am
Don't mock my bodily construction methods.

I've had 4 drumsets shipped to my house in the past 2 years I think.

only 2 were mine. I ordered a pearl and didn't like it so I sold it on craigs list and bought a PDP. the other two I just ordered for my drummer and a friend because they don't have debit cards to order with.

It has been argued that my torso could, infact, house a snare.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 4,2006 10:11am
I'm no drummer, but I think you are confusing a snare and a cowbell

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 4,2006 1:05pm
No, I think you're just confusing me with skinny.

I could probably pass as having a floor tom for a pelvis...

toggletoggle post by scoracrasia   at Apr 4,2006 2:29pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 4,2006 2:34pm
I've been watching UPS's pages all day waiting for it to update on my D2X that is coming in tomorrow.

toggletoggle post by pisscup at Apr 4,2006 2:45pm
I used to work in the recieving dept at a warehouse a few years ago. DHL was delivered by a dude in his own car that he drove from New York every day. He was the only black person I would see for weeks on end...

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Apr 4,2006 3:52pm
DHL, UPS, FedEx, horrible. USPS is the way to go and they are faster! I use to work at a sun glass hut and we use to use UPS to ship stuff to oakley, ray ban, maui jim, blah blah blah and stuff use to get lost all the time and it would take like 4-5 days to get there, finally we tried USPS Priority and things were getting back to the factory in 2 days flat. DHL is no better, my friend who works at a kiosk at the mall ships by them and he says he has issues with delivery time (taking too long).

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Apr 4,2006 3:54pm
USPS is only good for medium sized packages though... anything huge has to go through UPS and stuff. But after seeing how they treat packages at a USP hub, man no way

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 4,2006 6:01pm
HILARIOUS! DHL just called me. I had to go pick up a package cause the driver couldn't find my place. I can understand that though, I mean, they've only dropped off a few dozen packages here this year and the place is on the most main st in the town. makes perfect sense, not.
it was a memory stick and a card reader.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Apr 5,2006 2:50pm
Just pulled my package from outside (it's snowing here).

It was delivered to the front door... the one with the huge sign that sais 'this door doesn't open, deliver to side door'

tee shirts are here though.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 5,2006 2:51pm
see they are retards

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:click here to get internet 5.0
[default homepage] [print][10:22:30am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01123 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]