New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Looking to start/join metal band. by anonymous on Apr 3,2006 3:20pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by anonymous at Apr 3,2006 3:20pm
I've been playing guitar for 12 years, have enough equipment to play shows, and yes, I even own a tuner and can tune my guitar (some of you might know where I'm coming from).

My influences are Pantera, Meshuggah, Between the Buried and Me, Testament, At The Gates, The Red Chord, Children of Bodom, Amorphis, the list goes on for days.

I can run scales and do sweeps fairly well, I think I come up with very creative riffs. I'm really looking to start or join something killer that absolutely crushes. I'm also looking for musicians that are competent with their instruments. Knowing your major scales and modes as well as where the notes on your fretboard are huge plusses. I tune to D-standard.

If interested, please email tony@dimebonics.com. Thanks.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Apr 3,2006 3:51pm
wait... someone's admitting to knowing theory? I thought that was out dated and overrated...

I thought you just needed a Marshall Mode Four and a 7 string to be a metal musician...

</sarcasm>

good luck on your search for musicians! (it may help to include where you're based out of, somepeople don't like to travel to practice)

If I wern't tied up with like 12 other projects I'd offer to jam, maybe start up a project, but alas, I'm learning new material for another band and writing material for 3 others right now

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 3,2006 3:55pm
aren't sweeps what you are suppose to play behind your head to get girls?

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Apr 3,2006 3:59pm
Thanks for the reply... I live in Manchester NH but commute to Boston for work, so Im avaiable to hook up with people anywhere along that route.

Im not a music theory master, but I have been taking lessons from my friend that attends Berklee School of Music which has been coming in very handy. The lessons are an hour long and Ive learned so much more than standard 30 min lessons. Plus it's way cheaper than traditional music lessons.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Apr 3,2006 4:02pm
DreamingInExile said:
wait... someone's admitting to knowing theory? I thought that was out dated and overrated...

I thought you just needed a Marshall Mode Four and a 7 string to be a metal musician...

</sarcasm>

damn one day i hope i can get a 7 string and be metal

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Apr 3,2006 4:03pm
the_reverend said:
aren't sweeps what you are suppose to play behind your head to get girls?

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:click here to get internet 5.0
[default homepage] [print][7:04:05pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.00826 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]