New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Dimmu Borgir appreciation thread by hoser on Mar 26,2006 7:58pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by hoser at Mar 26,2006 7:58pm
I fucking love these guys, always have. Great writing to say the least. Massive talent to say the least. I'm sure that the typical naysayers will bomb this thread with their horseshit excuses for why this band sucks, but they don't so....I win.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Mar 26,2006 8:00pm

toggletoggle post by hoser at Mar 26,2006 8:03pm
Like I said...........

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Mar 26,2006 8:03pm
it was an automatic impulse, im sure you understand

toggletoggle post by hoser at Mar 26,2006 8:06pm
I understand....robot.

toggletoggle post by smart ass at Mar 26,2006 8:13pm
Over produced
Over polished
Over paid
and highly Over rated

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 26,2006 9:42pm
dimmu rocks my socks

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Mar 26,2006 10:07pm edited Mar 26,2006 10:08pm
i always liked dimmu borgir; not everything they've done is appealing to me(i thought spiritual black dimensions was horrible; for all tid didn't impress me much either) but they've put out some pretty good stuff. i loved Death Cult Armageddon, enthrone darkness triumphant was awesome too, and stormblast is a fuckin classic.

has anyone bought the new "stormblast" album? i'm extremely curious to hear it, but i don't want to spend the money on it and find out i don't like it.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 26,2006 10:10pm
it's exactly how you'd think it would be...except some parts of some of the songs have been changed musically as well

overall a good album...definitely puts a new twist on an old classic(they could've done without re-recording it...but it's a cool concept nonetheless)

toggletoggle post by agrocragotron at Mar 26,2006 10:17pm
The new storm blast is awesome....

toggletoggle post by infoterror  at Mar 26,2006 10:41pm
THE OLD STORMBLAST IS AWESOME
HAVEN'T HEARD THE NEW ONE

AM DOWLOADING IT NOW
LOL
<3 THE HUB

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Mar 26,2006 10:48pm
yeah i tried downloading it on soulseek, but can't find anyone that has it available.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 27,2006 10:41am
i absolutely agree that these guys are untouchable. Enthrone Darkness Triumphant is one of the greatest metal works of all time. i dont even consider these guys black metal. the new Stormblast is awesome, of course the old one is the best, but the new one definitely holds a candle to it. it is amazing in its own way. they fucking rule all.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Mar 27,2006 12:25pm
It's great if you like keyboards and frilly shirts.

toggletoggle post by BlackoutRick at Mar 27,2006 12:58pm
Black metal sucks.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 27,2006 1:00pm
BlackoutRick said:
Black metal sucks.

not as much as your band.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Mar 27,2006 1:02pm
Trem Cavity appreciation thread:

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 27,2006 1:25pm
BlackoutRick said:
Black metal sucks.

black metal is the best, and although i like some dimmu stuff, they are far from being in the league of the best black metal bands.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 27,2006 1:29pm
i will have to agree, i wouldnt even consider them black metal. they are in a genre of their own. and black metal definitely doesnt suck, have you heard Craft - Fuck the Universe? or Dark Funeral - The Secrets of the Black Arts? those definitely dont suck

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 27,2006 2:53pm
i hear that wicked wisdom is pretty good too... . . .

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 27,2006 3:14pm
you're out of the band

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 27,2006 3:16pm
wicked wisdom is the most grim black metal i've ever heard. darkthrone looks like raffi compared to wicked wisdom.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 27,2006 3:18pm
i heard wicked wisdom the other day for the first time. it was the audio equivalent of having a glass rod broken in my urethra. in fact i would rather that than listen to that rubbish again.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 27,2006 3:20pm
probably the most over rated band in the history of metal.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 27,2006 3:24pm
no that title goes to Cradle of Filth

toggletoggle post by xmikex @ work at Mar 27,2006 3:30pm
i could stomach some of their old old stuff off Stormblast (if I'm thinking of the right album). But Enthrone Darkness... was without a doubt one of the dumbest purchases I ever made. I think I maybe listened to the whole thing twice. Once when i first bought it, and a second time to make sure I hadn't accidentally bought an Enya cd. Then I saw them live, and both my testicles burst instantly. I just can't deal with this band.

Emperor 'In The Nightside Eclipse' > everything Dimmu

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 27,2006 3:31pm
dude that title totally goes to metallica...they've officially sucked longer than they were good

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 27,2006 3:47pm
xmikex @ work said:
i could stomach some of their old old stuff off Stormblast (if I'm thinking of the right album). But Enthrone Darkness... was without a doubt one of the dumbest purchases I ever made. I think I maybe listened to the whole thing twice. Once when i first bought it, and a second time to make sure I hadn't accidentally bought an Enya cd. Then I saw them live, and both my testicles burst instantly. I just can't deal with this band.

Emperor 'In The Nightside Eclipse' > everything Dimmu

i agree. everything emperor > everything dimmu. dimmu is not even close to emperor's level.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 27,2006 3:49pm
it varies for me...i'm usually pro-dimmu all day but there are times when i definitely would rather listen to emperor

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 27,2006 4:05pm
Yeti said:
no that title goes to Cradle of Filth

personally, I feel that the song writing and talent on everything up til Cruelty destroys Dimmu. At least COF shit while generic, wasn't exactly a cookie cutter boredom fest ripping off Iron Maiden riffs (well they do too, but not as bad as Dimmu).
I don't know, creaming yourself over Dimmu is just sad, there are tons of other bands out there! All the bands on the Nordic Metal comp kill Dimmu btw.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 27,2006 5:28pm
uh-oh...is this gonna be another "my opinion is better than yours" thread?

i personally think dimmu is a great fuckin band...more underground black metal is good as well, but then again i haven't had as much time to get into that shit as much as i've had with dimmu or even opeth at that(which explains why i like them so much...i know their music like the back of my hand)

both are good...whether you wanna say one's "cookie-cutter" or make fun of the other for being way too over the top"kvlt"

music

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 27,2006 5:38pm
Do you Sacreligion boys like Hecate Enthroned?? (no i'm not knocking you)

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 27,2006 5:47pm
no idea who you're talking about

also...at the end of my last post it was supposed to say "music is good" but came out "music"...weird

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 27,2006 5:54pm
i heard hecate enthroned on a comp many years ago and thought it was crap.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 27,2006 5:55pm
just downloaded "centuries of wolfen hunger"

it's like a cross between old emperor and cradle of filth...pretty good though

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 27,2006 5:55pm
not particularly feeling the vocals the more i listen

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 27,2006 6:04pm
okay, how about Sacramentum??

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 27,2006 6:16pm
not familiar with them either

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 27,2006 6:36pm
i used to have "Dark Requiems and Unsilent Massacre", but i didnt like the way he screamed in one tone. they did do an awesome cover of "Altar of Sacrifice" though. see i love Dimmu. i think they are spectacular song writers. however i love all that the term "black metal" encompasses. i prefer horrid recordings but i love it all.

toggletoggle post by hoser at Mar 27,2006 7:50pm
Amen, Brother.

toggletoggle post by hoser at Mar 27,2006 9:27pm
Emperor rules too.....BTFW.

I cued up some of theri old shit after reading the replies to this post. I hadn't even thought to include them in the Dimmu "awsomeness" category. Killer band....ultra talented...but.....I still like Dimmu better.

Sorry.....great band and killer tunes though.

toggletoggle post by BlackoutRick at Mar 28,2006 7:08am
anonymous said:
BlackoutRick said:
Black metal sucks.

not as much as your band.

coward.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 28,2006 10:32am
hoser said:
Emperor rules too.....BTFW.

I cued up some of theri old shit after reading the replies to this post. I hadn't even thought to include them in the Dimmu "awsomeness" category. Killer band....ultra talented...but.....I still like Dimmu better.

Sorry.....great band and killer tunes though.

i was listening to the early demo stuff last night. they were fucking maniacs. Ihsahns voice is insane.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 28,2006 10:34am
the new ihsahn album is awesome.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 28,2006 10:35am
? is it the new Peccatum?

toggletoggle post by craz   at Mar 28,2006 10:50am
Ryan_M said:
yeah i tried downloading it on soulseek, but can't find anyone that has it available.

I'm sorry did you just say Soul Seek? I thought they were shut down for file sharing. I might have to dl that program today.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 28,2006 11:03am
Yeti said:
? is it the new Peccatum?

no, peccatum is over. ihsahn is doing solo stuff and ihriel is continuing star of ash.

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Mar 28,2006 11:19am
Soulseek is cool, specially since I live in gay Concord NH and there are no real places that carry metal CD's. It is a pain to go to Manch to buy a CD,Now that I don't work there no more.

toggletoggle post by hoser at Mar 28,2006 1:26pm
Limewire is the way to go.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Mar 28,2006 1:40pm
craz said:
Ryan_M said:

I'm sorry did you just say Soul Seek? I thought they were shut down for file sharing. I might have to dl that program today.

i don't think they were shut down; i've been downloading a bunch of shit off of there lately.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Mar 28,2006 1:46pm
BornSoVile said:
okay, how about Sacramentum??

Sacramentum is pretty great. At times I'd just rather listen to Dissection though.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 28,2006 1:49pm
DC++ / Soulseek
Limewire is junk imo.

I dig a bit of Dimmu Material, Yeah, they don't put out recordings that sound like they were recorded in a tin can but it doesn't bother me. Dimmu have written some good tracks especially when Barker was in the band. Galder get's my respect. I wish Vortex would have done more clean vox as I must say Shagrath is pretty lame. I 1st heard Hecate Enthroned and Sacramentum about 6 or 7 years ago and I don't think either band has much on Dimmu.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Mar 28,2006 1:50pm
yeah, if they did an album with just Vortex on vocals, I'd really get behind it.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 28,2006 1:51pm
brian_dc said:
yeah, if they did an album with just Vortex on vocals, I'd really get behind it.

The newer Arcturus is all Vortex on vocals, it's not that great though.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Mar 28,2006 1:51pm
I didn't read this thread because I don't care. I like Dimmu and I always have. Revoke my metal card, I don't give a fuck.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 28,2006 1:53pm
I have a Dimmu sticker on the hood of my car, but no one makes fun of me fore it, because I'm bigger than them.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Mar 28,2006 1:53pm
RustedAngel said:
brian_dc said:

hmmm....well, there goes that...I like Arcturus more than Dimmu...so maybe I wouldn't like it.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Mar 28,2006 1:54pm
RichHorror said:
I have a Dimmu sticker on the hood of my car, but no one makes fun of me fore it, because I'm bigger than them.

moral of story, if you want to like anything that makes you "gay" just become gigantic.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Mar 28,2006 1:54pm
RustedAngel said:
brian_dc said:

That CD annoyed me so bad I had to shut it off three songs into it. Which hurt me because I love Vortex. I don't know what it was, closest I can come to explaining it is I think the pitch of the music and his voice combined was giving me an anyurism.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 28,2006 1:56pm
brian_dc said:
RichHorror said:

moral of story, if you want to like anything that makes you "gay" just become gigantic.

Every Dimmu CD should come with a pair of stilts.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Mar 28,2006 1:56pm
brian_dc said:
RichHorror said:

This applies especially well to people who like HIM, but in that case you can also benefit from having a vagina.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 28,2006 1:57pm
I always benefit from vagina. Until I move in with it.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Mar 28,2006 1:58pm
Hey, that's got nothing to do with the vagina, just the whining mass attached to it.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 28,2006 3:29pm
pam nli said:
I didn't read this thread because I don't care. I like Dimmu and I always have. Revoke my metal card, I don't give a fuck.

hoorah to that

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 28,2006 3:56pm
pam nli said:
Hey, that's got nothing to do with the vagina, just the whining mass attached to it.

haha...that reminds me of something my sister told me

some guy she hadn't seen in a few years found her on myspace so they started talking and hung out a few times...and would be really nice in person but when he'd get online or on the phone he'd turn into a wicked pervert(always asking her to come over and screw and shit like that). so one night he asks her and she says "Fine, i'll be over in a few"

the next day he sends her a message "why didn't you come over last night" to which she replied "oh, i just figured i'd box up my vagina and mail it to you...it should be there this afternoon"

bahaha i fucking love her

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 28,2006 8:59pm
pam nli said:
RustedAngel said:
brian_dc said:

That CD annoyed me so bad I had to shut it off three songs into it. Which hurt me because I love Vortex. I don't know what it was, closest I can come to explaining it is I think the pitch of the music and his voice combined was giving me an anyurism.

arcturus is one of my favorite bands, but i gave that cd 2 listens and never put it in my cd player again. vortex's vocals are annoying on it and the music is boring as shit. arcturus without garm = poop. they should have gotten lazare instead of vortex, but then again, age of silence is writing the music arcturus should be writing, so people should just listen to them instead.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 29,2006 12:52pm
age of silence? hmmmm

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Mar 29,2006 12:53pm
Age of Silence is quite good.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 29,2006 12:53pm
they rule

toggletoggle post by xmikex @ work at Mar 29,2006 1:20pm
One time in this old band I was in we all stayed over my guitarist's place the night before a show. Our dumb bass player insisted everyone should goto sleep at 9:00, but the rest of us went to Bickfords instead. When we came back it was after midnight and that kid was asleep in the basement. So my drummer opened the basement door and started flicking the lights on and off really fast screaming "DIMMU BORGIR LIGHT SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The kid woke up, and got all pissed. We kicked him out of the band a week later. Thus ending the best thing Dimmu Borgir ever did for me.

toggletoggle post by niccolai   at Mar 29,2006 1:27pm
give you grand mal epileptic seizures?

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 29,2006 1:33pm
hahaha epileptic seizures that go as fast as Nick Barkers drumming. that would be hilarious

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][1:00:13pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.02467 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]