New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> comedian rob brown in today's ProJo... by DomesticTerror on Mar 17,2006 11:00pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Mar 17,2006 11:00pm edited Mar 17,2006 11:02pm
...with a photo of him wearing a Leukhorrea shirt. awesome!

the both of us also got interviewed by upn channel 03 ri. don't know when it'll be on. if anyone who lives in the area catches it, could ya tape it for us?

LINCOLN --

On this night, the audience, which is about 30 people, likes Roman Pierce, 32, of Tiverton, who works at an employment agency for people with disabilities. It also likes Rob Brown, 29, of Quincy, Mass., who says he draws material from his life experience.

Last year, Brown, who's a guitarist in a rock band, won a regional air guitar contest in Boston.

"I won because I fell off the stage," he says "I was [drunk]."

In that competition, Brown performed heavy metal air guitar. He tossed and turned his head, which -- because of his consumption of alcohol -- induced dizziness.

"I didn't even finish the performance," Brown says. "I took a digger and took the host and the microphone with me."

In the comedy competition, Brown talks about such things as dating heavily made-up women whom he's afraid to take out in the rain, and going fishing, which he calls "the perfect excuse to be drinking beer at 6:30 in the morning."

Brown makes it to the finals.

One of the funniest sets of the night is by Gregg Rutch. He's a 39-year-old police sergeant in Dartmouth, Mass. He talks about road rage, turning into a parking lot and being confronted by an irate motorist, who happens to be in a wheelchair.

"If you get in a fight with a handicapped guy and you're not handicapped," Rutch says. "Be prepared to be the bad guy."

The Funniest Person in Rhode Island Contest continues March 22 at 7 p.m. at Catch a Rising Star. Tickets are $5. Five more winners, who will each receive $100, will be chosen to compete for a $500 grand prize on March 29. The winner will also appear in Stand Out Stand-Ups, the March 31 opener of the Rhode Island Comedy Festival weekend. For more information, visit www.ricomedyfestival.com.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Mar 17,2006 11:01pm
oh, i guess it'll be on monday at 6pm and 2am

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Mar 18,2006 4:15am edited Mar 19,2006 5:08am
I heard that Rob won the semi-finals.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 18,2006 4:30am
you mean you heard that Rob won...

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Mar 18,2006 9:32am
that's cool!
makes me think of adam sandler who was discovered in a boston comedy club =)

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Mar 19,2006 5:04am
"If you get in a fight with a handicapped guy and you're not handicapped," Rutch says. "Be prepared to be the bad guy."

haha

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][9:21:05am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.04083 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]