New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Opeth HATERS by MetalcoreSUCKS on Mar 14,2006 11:17am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by MetalcoreSUCKS at Mar 14,2006 11:17am
LOL!!!

toggletoggle post by thedeparted   at Mar 14,2006 11:43am
i dont get it

toggletoggle post by craig nli at Mar 14,2006 11:45am
this thread is gay. boo this man

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 14,2006 11:45am
don't you mean Closeth?

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 14,2006 11:45am
BOOOOOOOO!

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Mar 14,2006 11:47am
Opeth is pretty lame

toggletoggle post by thedeparted   at Mar 14,2006 11:47am
BOO

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Mar 14,2006 11:47am
the_taste_of_cigarettes said:
Opeth is pretty lame

toggletoggle post by thedeparted   at Mar 14,2006 11:48am
im not an opeth fan, but this is a horrible thread, come on, really

toggletoggle post by craig nli at Mar 14,2006 11:49am
LOLZ ThIz ThReAd Iz Da KeWlEsT

toggletoggle post by OVERKILL RULEZZZ!!! at Mar 14,2006 11:52am
craig nli said:
LOLZ ThIz ThReAd Iz Da KeWlEsT

yar dudde,, oVeRKiLL rules all deEz BandS!!

RTTP BoaRd = More Like MetalCoreLovers Board!

LOL omg!!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 14,2006 12:28pm
what a gay thread

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 14,2006 12:31pm
opeth got popular. they aren't tr00 now. kids at the mall like them now so that means i don't like them anymore. the only way to prove my tr00ness to the other metalheads is to only like old school metal bands, especially thrash. if i like anything after 1989, i will be labeled a poser.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Mar 14,2006 12:32pm

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Mar 14,2006 12:50pm
dreadkill said:
opeth got popular. they aren't tr00 now. kids at the mall like them now so that means i don't like them anymore. the only way to prove my tr00ness to the other metalheads is to only like old school metal bands, especially thrash. if i like anything after 1989, i will be labeled a poser.

There is some truth to this statement, but old school thrash > Opeth.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 14,2006 1:18pm
dude, did you really just type "lol"?

toggletoggle post by slowlypeelingtheflesh   at Mar 14,2006 1:20pm
i cant believe you're 30 years old

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Mar 14,2006 1:22pm
wait what? he/she/it is 30? no way in hell

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Mar 14,2006 3:20pm
yea he is 30, with the mentality of a 11 year old girl

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 14,2006 3:22pm
dwellingsickness said:
yea he is 30, with the mentality of a 11 year old girl

as are most csdo fans.

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Mar 14,2006 3:30pm
hahah

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 14,2006 4:25pm
worst thread ever

this metalcore douche has the personality of a dead moth

toggletoggle post by jrb2971nli at Mar 14,2006 4:40pm
I love and hate opeth.. where do I fit in? Everyone knows nothing good lasts forever

toggletoggle post by kessaris   at Mar 14,2006 5:36pm
I'd like to see Opeth and Evergrey get into a fight. Just so I can scream GOOOOTTTTH at them as they do it.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 14,2006 5:37pm
opeth is so far from goth it's not even funny

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Mar 14,2006 5:38pm
That new Evergrey album....quite mediocre.

toggletoggle post by kessaris   at Mar 14,2006 5:39pm
I guess thats why I wasn't laughing...

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 14,2006 5:45pm
i missed something here

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Mar 14,2006 5:59pm
Opeth is highly domesticated, and safe for consumption. They weren't always that way, and I liked most of their albums up to Blackwater Park (with Still Life being the favorite).

To quote a great man, "Opeth is metal for people who don't like metal."

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 14,2006 6:00pm
opeth just writes awesome music

fuck all this metal justification bullshit

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Mar 14,2006 6:01pm
sacreligion said:
opeth just writes awesome music

fuck all this metal justification bullshit

Wasn't my quote. I just thought it was funny.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 14,2006 6:06pm
i wasn't directly criticizing you though

im just sick of the whole "im more metal than you" mentality

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Mar 14,2006 6:07pm edited Mar 14,2006 6:07pm
Right. Because none of us are robots. Well, not that we know!

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 14,2006 6:11pm
with the strength of 5 gorillas!

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Mar 14,2006 6:17pm

Robots eat old people's medicine for fuel!!!

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Mar 14,2006 6:27pm
Robots are more metal than you.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Mar 14,2006 8:01pm
I don't care for opeth. I don't HATE them. This threads more lame than most of mine.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Mar 14,2006 8:02pm
Oh I get it.haha I guess.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 14,2006 8:54pm
dreadkill said:

that is 90% of the people on this board

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Mar 14,2006 8:57pm
Bullshit.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Mar 14,2006 8:57pm
Well, that does make 90% of us right...for liking old school metal bands, especially thrash. What do you think Opeth listened to?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 14,2006 9:00pm
This thread has taught me that if you don't like Opeth then you are a bad person.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Mar 14,2006 9:05pm
RichHorror said:
This thread has taught me that if you don't like Opeth then you are a bad person.

Wait, weren't you already a bad person?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Mar 14,2006 9:08pm
Oh, shit.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 15,2006 11:23am
sacreligion said:
worst thread ever

this metalcore douche has the personality of a dead moth

nice don rickles quote

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 15,2006 11:25am
DrinkHardThrashHard said:
dreadkill said:

where's the truth in the statement? i was being sarcastic. i've been listening to metal for a long time, but there's no way i'd ever limit myself to old school bands just because bands from the 90s are popular now. the trend seems to be going toward old school bands now anyway, so i guess everyone is going to have to stop liking them because the mall kids are going to be getting into it.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 15,2006 11:37am
I think the conclusion of this thread is: metalcoresucks got pwned.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 15,2006 12:05pm
that's the conclusion of every thread he posts in

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Mar 15,2006 12:30pm edited Mar 15,2006 12:31pm
dreadkill said:
DrinkHardThrashHard said:
dreadkill said:

where's the truth in the statement? i was being sarcastic. i've been listening to metal for a long time, but there's no way i'd ever limit myself to old school bands just because bands from the 90s are popular now. the trend seems to be going toward old school bands now anyway, so i guess everyone is going to have to stop liking them because the mall kids are going to be getting into it.

Actually, you weren't. I thought your comment was spot on, for many people I know. A lot of people who once enjoyed Opeth have abandoned their music because of their scene politics. And I never said to limit yourself to old school bands, did I? I just said old school thrash > Opeth

toggletoggle post by infoterror  at Mar 15,2006 6:23pm
Opeth is great. Chuck Schuldiner is my favorite guitarist and he does excellent arpeggios and metromozzos in their highly technical songs. They are the one metal band to have emotion. Even more than that, they all use Macintosh computers so I know they're open-minded.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Mar 15,2006 6:36pm
I use a Macintosh and I still think Opeth are lame. I used to like them a while back until this guy I used to live with played them nonstop and sang along (poorly) to every goddamn lyric they had. So now every time I hear Opeth I get the mental image of that retard singing along and playing his stupid fucking video games. Its ok though. I took a shit in his pillow later on.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 15,2006 6:45pm
Christraper said:
I use a Macintosh and I still think Opeth are lame. I used to like them a while back until this guy I used to live with played them nonstop and sang along (poorly) to every goddamn lyric they had. So now every time I hear Opeth I get the mental image of that retard singing along and playing his stupid fucking video games. Its ok though. I took a shit in his pillow later on.

that's the same reason one of my friends hates macabre. his old roommate played macabre nonstop. he didn't shit on the pillow though.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Mar 15,2006 6:49pm
IN his pillow. INSIDE of it. Then I placed it back nicely on his bed so that he'd put his head on it before he realized there was a big wet Macdonalds dump in it.

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Mar 15,2006 6:54pm
anonymous said:
dreadkill said:

that is 90% of the people on this board

That's alot of people. I don't know about 90% though.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Mar 15,2006 7:02pm
In case nobody noticed they sounded way different after they got popular. And old school thrash is better than anything that gets put out these days. Its a cold hard fact. I do listen to music that came out after 1989 just not very often. Because Im troo.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 15,2006 7:05pm
Christraper said:
Its a cold hard fact.

ignorant

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Mar 15,2006 7:17pm edited Mar 15,2006 7:18pm
Bah! Cmon dude think about it! Destruction, Mercyful Fate (yes I know theyre not thrash), Possessed > Than anyone these days. Keep in mind that these are opinions whether or not I state them as fact. Thats like me saying its a cold hard fact that I could fuck your girlfriend better than you ever could but who knows for sure right? All Im saying is music seemed to have more balls back in the day than it does now. Im not saying everything written after 1989 sucks because that would mean MY band sucks and I wouldnt be in it if I thought we sucked. We kinda do but thats besides the point. Im stoned.

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 15,2006 7:19pm
i dunno dude i'm pretty partial to opeth...i'm big on melody and song-writing though

i respect your opinion and all but i was just giving you shit cause you said it was a cold hard fact when that's one of those things that's intangible. im stoned too

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Mar 15,2006 7:22pm
yea i hear ya. i dont know. i love melody and knowing that the music im listening to actually took some thought to write but I just saw a viseo of Opeth on MTV not too long ago and I was tooling on them for sucking wicked bad until I realized it was Opeth I was talking about and then I tooled on them some more because they didnt used to suck. Its sad really.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Mar 15,2006 7:22pm
:video: i cant spell today

toggletoggle post by sacreligion at Mar 15,2006 7:25pm
probably the grand conjuration(the radio edit...i hate those)

that song's definitely not as good as their other stuff but i wouldn't go as far as to say it sucks

it all depends what you go for though, early metal definitely had the most balls behind it because at that time it took a lot of balls to make, now it is just flooded over with itself

toggletoggle post by infoterror  at Mar 15,2006 11:44pm
Christraper said:
I use a Macintosh and I still think Opeth are lame.

YOU'RE THE W.E.B. DuBOIS OF MAC USERS THEN

toggletoggle post by ConquerTheBaphomet  at Mar 19,2006 9:12pm
This thread is only on here cause I posted an Opeth lovers thread. Whoever started this can lick my nuts.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Possesed Transylvanian Fornicator
[default homepage] [print][1:45:18am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.02422 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]