New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Sergei Samsonov traded to Edmonton by JayTUS on laptop on Mar 9,2006 3:13pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by JayTUS on laptop at Mar 9,2006 3:13pm
Details to come...

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Mar 9,2006 3:14pm
wow seriously, that was quick.

did we get at least some decent draft picks

toggletoggle post by JayTUS on laptop at Mar 9,2006 3:19pm
It's listed as TBA at the moment...

toggletoggle post by MetalcoreSUCKS at Mar 9,2006 3:25pm
Theres no mention of this trade on the Bruins website.Where u get this info?

toggletoggle post by JayTUS on laptop at Mar 9,2006 3:30pm
http://www.tsn.ca

They have it as Samsonov to the Oilers for TBA. They just announced it on WEEI as well...

toggletoggle post by JayTUS on laptop at Mar 9,2006 3:46pm
FUCK. All we got was MARTY FUCKING REASONER?!?! There's a draft pick too... better be a fucking #1. God damn O'Connell needs to fucking go. He fucking BLOWS.

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Mar 9,2006 3:52pm
weak

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Mar 9,2006 3:58pm
so we basically gave away sergi for nothing. wtf is wrong with the front office

toggletoggle post by JayTUS on laptop at Mar 9,2006 4:02pm
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=157854&hubname=

Oilers add Samsonov from Bruins
TSN.ca Staff

3/9/2006 3:53:43 PM

The Edmonton Oilers made a late splash on the trade market, getting Sergei Samsonov from the Boston Bruins in exchange for centre Marty Reasoner, prospect Yan Stastny and a second-round pick.

Samsonov, a small, speedy winger, has 37 points and a minus-3 rating in 55 games with the Bruins this year. Drafted 8th overall by the Bruins in 1997, Samsonov has 376 points in 514 career games.

Samsonov, 27, is making $2.77-million this season and will be an unrestricted free agent in the summer. He figures to play a top-six forward role in Edmonton.

Reasoner, 29, is a Boston College grad who has put up 26 points, and a team-worst minus-12 rating, in 58 games with the Oilers this year.

With Samsonov gone, the Bruins may need Mariusz Czerkawski, picked up on waivers from the Toronto Maple Leafs, to move into a scoring role with Boston.

Pierre McGuire on the Sergei Samsonov trade - Imagine having Ales Hemsky coming down one side, Sergei Samsonov flying down the other and Ryan Smyth crashing the net up the middle. There's a lot of weaponry in Edmonton now. kevin Lowe added Dwayne Roloson in net and now Samsonov. They are going to be a scary team in the postseason.

Bob McKenzie on the Sergei Samsonov trade - Boston dodged a bullet last week when Samsonov hurt his knee, but came back quickly, keeping him on the trade market. He is an unrestricted free agent this summer and could not reach an agreement with the Bruins. He's a rental.

toggletoggle post by JayTUS on laptop at Mar 9,2006 4:04pm
Yan Stastny is the son of Peter Stastny, and a guy we originally drafted and traded to the Oilers. I guess it's an OK trade since it brought back a #2 pick. Samsonov was gone at the end of the year anyway...

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Mar 9,2006 4:05pm
in that respect yeah but everytime i check out the bruins it seems like they're trading away someone they needed.

toggletoggle post by intricateprocess   at Mar 9,2006 4:41pm
the bruins management is putting a fucking joke of a team on the ice. They pick up all these dudes on waivers like they are going to do something.

Hey O'Connol, in case you havent figured out, their team waived them because THEY FUCKING SUCK.

Am i supposed to get excited over Mariusz Czerkawski? seriously? Josh Langfeld? and that giant pussy Dan LaCoture?

the bruins are now like the fucking ringling brothers circus on ice.

new selling point for the bruins

"Come pay $300 for a fun filled night of a bunch of has beens and flat out shitty players getting their ass kicked by the NHL's elite"

toggletoggle post by JayTUS nli at Mar 9,2006 5:34pm
I just want to know what good only trading Samsonov does. If you're going to tank it, TANK IT. Don't hold out some hope that the playoffs are an option. I hope there is a trade or two that just hasn't been announced yet pending league review. I'm PRAYING there is.

Mike O'Connell is a fucking joke, and it's a shame that Mike Sullivan will probably get the axe instead. The sad thing is that we have some young guys in the system that are going to be good, like Mark Stuart, Matt Lashoff, Milan Jucina, and of course, young guys like Hannu Toivonen, Brad Boyes and Patrice Bergeron. I just wish they could work their way to the #1 pick...

toggletoggle post by TheHawthorneEffect_Kevin at Mar 10,2006 8:53am
Yeah, I really didn't understand this trade, it made no sense at all. The guy's contract is up at the end of the year anyway, what the hell's the point? And you're desperately trying to make a playoff run, and lately the team can't score goals. I could see if they got someone decent for him, someone who can score goals. But they got nobody. AND, they did it right before they faced the team they're trying to catch in the playoff race, so of course they got shut out last night, they have guys from Providence playing second line wingers. I hope to god O'Connell gets the axe at the end of the season, he really needs to go.

toggletoggle post by HailTheLeaf  at Mar 10,2006 11:11am
fuckin' weak...

toggletoggle post by mcmahon  at Mar 10,2006 12:11pm
I heard about this. Bruins need more offense. anyone see the fight last night? lame. NHL needs to loosen the fuck up and let them fight.

toggletoggle post by JayTUS nli at Mar 10,2006 3:04pm
But they got nobody

They got a prospect and a second round pick instead of watching Sammy walk at the end of the year for nothing. At least Reasoner is a halfway decent third or fourth liner... and Stastny's Dad was a near Hall Of Famer, so the bloodlines are good...

toggletoggle post by MetalcoreSUCKS at Mar 10,2006 3:30pm
Good ridance and so long to Samsonov.He was a major BUST in my opinion.With the way the Bruins season is going their not gonna make the playoffs so this trade is good.Hopefully we get another Bergeron in the draft.Right now hes the future of the Bruins.And we all know that Samsonov is just gonna continue to get hurt year after year.

GOODBYE!!!!

toggletoggle post by MetalcoreSUCKS at Mar 10,2006 3:33pm
TheHawthorneEffect_Kevin said:
Yeah, I really didn't understand this trade, it made no sense at all. The guy's contract is up at the end of the year anyway, what the hell's the point? And you're desperately trying to make a playoff run, and lately the team can't score goals. I could see if they got someone decent for him, someone who can score goals. But they got nobody. AND, they did it right before they faced the team they're trying to catch in the playoff race, so of course they got shut out last night, they have guys from Providence playing second line wingers. I hope to god O'Connell gets the axe at the end of the season, he really needs to go.

Samsonov was never a major goal scorer to begin with.I believe that the most he had in one season was 30.Why not get rid of him now and get something in return rather than wait and get nothing instead.Now we gotta get rid of Alexei Zhamnov.How long did we sign him for? As for O'connel I think hes fine.Its the Jacob Brothers that need to go.Their such CHEAP pricks!!!!

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Mar 10,2006 3:34pm
another depressing season. i fucking hate jacobs. FIRE O'CONNELL.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Mar 10,2006 3:36pm
Remember when the Bruins had one of the deepest corps of forwards in the entire NHL and our third line could easily match up with most teams first and elite teams' second line? Oh yeah it was only like 2 years ago.

toggletoggle post by MetalcoreSUCKS at Mar 10,2006 10:54pm
WHo cares if the Bruins were better 2 years ago? They always choked in the playoffs anyways.I miss the days of Bourque,Neely and Reggie Lemlim.Now there was a fucking hockey team that was good.Anyone here remember Craig Janny or Bobby Carpenter?

toggletoggle post by Al Ravage at Mar 10,2006 11:54pm
It's funny because they are a major market team they have to pretend like they are still going to compete even though they are trading off the team.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][7:49:29pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.01413 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]