New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Taste of Chaos tour 3/7 by the_reverend on Mar 7,2006 4:23pm
Add To All Your Pages!
Mar 7, 2006 Tsongas Arena (Lowell, Ma)
adair - 2006-03-07
Adair(54)
flash animated slider show
as_i_lay_dying - 2006-03-07
As I Lay Dying(86)
atreyu - 2006-03-07
Atreyu(48)
deftones - 2006-03-07
Deftones(63)
funeral_for_a_friend - 2006-03-07
Funeral For A Friend(81)
greeley_estates - 2006-03-07
Greeley Estates(65)
randomshots - 2006-03-07
Randomshots(8)
screams_of_erida - 2006-03-07
Screams Of Erida(50)
story_of_the_year - 2006-03-07
Story Of The Year(95)
street_drum_corps - 2006-03-07
Street Drum Corps(55)
the_confession - 2006-03-07
The Confession(37)
the_receiving_end_of_sirens - 2006-03-07
The Receiving End Of Sirens(48)
the_smashup - 2006-03-07
The Smashup(42)
thrice - 2006-03-07
Thrice(41)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2006 4:23pm
carina and I are waiting for our passes.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Mar 7,2006 4:26pm
i'd wait for tomatoes to throw

toggletoggle post by mOe @ work at Mar 7,2006 4:33pm
fuck everyone who's going to this because i'm too broke to...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2006 5:44pm
screams of erida: they got voted on to the myspace stage. It was funny walking in to the room with them on this tiny stage in a HUGE centrum arena type place. also weird that they would set up a stage just to have one opening band. And on top of that there is a huge myspace banner behind them. Just plain weird. Thwy played a new song, american terrorist, scorn and another song I didn't know. They held it together pretty good on that stage. I forgot they were sponsored by rockstar.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2006 5:53pm
greeley estates: the crowd seemed to go a little crazy when these guys got up there. They were also on the myspace stage. I guess more than one band will be on this stage. At this point, we got yelled at by some dude for using flash. so you can stop looking at the pictures after this point. I think the lighting was done by a blind person. The singer went into the crowd twice and security sort of freaked a little about that.

toggletoggle post by thedeparted   at Mar 7,2006 6:26pm
were there a lot of kids there for screams

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2006 6:33pm
yes... I'm sort of pissed that pelican isn't playing which is the reason I wanted to go to this show.

funeral for a friend: their accents make them sound like the monkeys when they talk to the crowd. These guys weren't too bad.

confession, the: I swear they played a guns n roses sweet child of myne riff. Rocky hardcore with not too many crappy singing parts

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2006 6:56pm
thanks to carina, we got put in the penalty box.

as i lay dying: they got the biggest cheer when all the bands were mentioned. Definely my favorite on the bill since I found out that pelican isn't playing. they played for a really long time too. At one point, I thought that they were done and there were still 3 songs left.. they sounded really good too up on that stage. they ended with their stairway to heaven, forever.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2006 7:20pm
smashup, the: I didn't care for them really at all. Sing song emo that the kids in the crowd screamed along to. On a positive, they had a hell of a lot of energy. They were jumping around and stuff. at some point during their set, someone from the crowd grabbed my ass. I'm going to ass-u-me with this crowd that it was a dude.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2006 7:30pm
atreyu: pretty good set from them. They are really tough at all any more they are actually really pussy live. The singer used to be more of a butterball with black hair. Looks like someone's been to the gym lately. At some point during their set, someone grabbed my ass, but it was carina. They worked people up in to a sick!11!!!!! Mosh!!!11!!! the last joint they busted out was very metal

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2006 7:51pm
adair: either my taste in music is slowly breaking or they weren't too bad. Some parts were sort of lame, but there were more decent parts then non decent parts. The singer went into the crowd and all the people screamed and touched him. That was weird. Some kid kept yelling "will be my myspace friend?"
the singer also said something like "our good friends in as I lay dying said that our good friends in greeley estates said that you guys rock." that sentence reads like a dog chasing its tail.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2006 8:20pm
story of the year: they were that bad either. A little too emo for my tastes, but better than some of the other bands. They put a lot of energy into it which was cool. Jumping ALOT and interacting with the crowd. at one point, the vocals were all of a sudden basically gone. why? The singer actually went into the audience with the mic and was singing on top of the crowd. He also went up on top of one of the cabs and jumped off them. I missed by a microsecond hitting the bassplayer also up in the air. Someone tossed a shirt one stage which the singer wiped himself with, blew his nose into it and tossed it back. While he was doing that, one of the guitar players put a water bottle down his pants and tosses it into the crowd. Someone's going home with something itchy and possibly burny. Most of the band spent a lot of time up on the platform that the drummer was on.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2006 9:07pm
receiving end of sirens, the: another band. This is another one of those bands that is a little too emo, but they had this spacey end to their songs that I liked. They also had a laptop which played made some sort of beeboo sounds. Carina and I saw CZ there and he came to the show with his TREOS hoodie. He was all dolled up like a 15 year old girl who would write their lyrics in the liners of his spiral notebook. The crowd really sung a lot to their songs and I just imagined greg in the audience singing along too.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2006 9:28pm
thrice: was absolutely pummeling with their light show. I'm pretty sure my corneas permanently have been imprinted with those flashing lights. They were tight, even though I don't care for the music. It's a little too Sting for me. And not Sting in a good way like with the police, but Sting in a bad way like when he went off and did all that solo stuff. Carina doesn't agree with that, but by the end of the set, they sounded like they were ripping off areosmith. They played for a while longer but the flow of crowd surfers has seemed to have ebbed but the end of their set.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Mar 7,2006 9:30pm
wow you're sitting thru a pretty gay show

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 7,2006 9:33pm
90% of the people went to this show for as i lay dying most likely

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2006 9:40pm
you are probably right. people thinned out right after them & atreyu. but they filled back in mostly for thrice , but it's not that packed any more.

toggletoggle post by Josh603 at Mar 7,2006 10:24pm
I went to the Portland one last night. Way to many fucking bands and everybody pretty much left before Deftones.

toggletoggle post by thedeparted   at Mar 8,2006 12:23am
sucks for deftones, they should have played this show back in '99

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 8,2006 12:32am
pictures uploading.

toggletoggle post by watchmaker666  at Mar 8,2006 11:47am
atreyu makes me want to kill myself

toggletoggle post by MetalcoreSUCKS at Mar 8,2006 11:55am
Taste of Chaos tour?? More like Taste of diarea tour

toggletoggle post by mike............ at Mar 8,2006 12:14pm
we get it. you dont like metalcore.

toggletoggle post by mOe nli at Mar 8,2006 12:40pm
no deftones review?

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Mar 8,2006 12:44pm
MetalcoreSUCKS said:
Taste of Chaos tour?? More like Taste of diarea tour

I thought it was the Taste of Gayos tour...

toggletoggle post by thedeparted   at Mar 8,2006 1:06pm
mike............ said:
we get it. you dont like metalcore.

hahaa that was perfect

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 8,2006 1:16pm
[Mar 6,2006 1:36pm - the_reverend 63.160.138.52]
I looked up some definition in the metalcoresucks dictionary.

old school (old skool): n
anything that metalcoresucks likes or relating to everything and anything that metalcoresucks likes.

metalcore: (mEt'l kôr): n
anything that metalcoresucks dislikes or relating to everything and anything that metalcoresucks dislikes.

toggletoggle post by Cecchini in class at Mar 8,2006 1:21pm
When aaron bashes you, you know you've just been pwnd hardcore.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 8,2006 1:29pm
it's how I ruin hardcore.

toggletoggle post by Joshua Au Pair at Mar 8,2006 2:58pm
look at the art work on the snare drum of the deftones.

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Mar 8,2006 2:59pm

this picture is neat, but what's that wire?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 8,2006 3:01pm
wire from her ear plugs.

joshua, carina (aka succubus) took a TON of pictures of the drummer. they will be up on her site later tonight. check back in this thread for a link

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Mar 8,2006 3:03pm
that's hilarious...i was going through my photos this morning...because i wanted to share then with tama...and i still will but right away i saw the posters on the right and nearly busted a gut. I quickly looked through aaron's thumbnails and i didn't think he got any pics of it so i was gonna post some tonight...

anyhow, i really don't like that photo dave, but you know aaron, always trying to take bad photos of me (though i agree, background is cool)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 8,2006 3:08pm
what is it? some one link a picture. I'm on my phone and can't look through the pictures.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Mar 8,2006 3:33pm
p0rn posters

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Mar 8,2006 3:39pm
the_reverend said:
wire from her ear plugs.

yeah right, I know the truth. Carina's actually a robot.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 8,2006 3:45pm
you are thinking of jon ritter again.

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Mar 8,2006 3:51pm
of course. they look so similar.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 8,2006 3:52pm
and they both spray sparks when they hump. except in mr. ritter case, I'm just assuming
and in carina's case, it's a river of girl juices.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 8,2006 4:49pm

was atreyu using a triple bass drum kit?

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 8,2006 4:54pm
because he wishes he could play like mike portnoy.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 8,2006 4:57pm

haha this has to be photoshopped

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 8,2006 4:59pm
his neck is fatter than both of my buttcheeks combined!

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Mar 8,2006 5:54pm

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 8,2006 9:02pm
why the fuck would you go to this shit? just wait until Sound of The Underground to see As I Lay Dying with an actualy metal/hardcore fanbase and other good heavy fucking bands.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Mar 8,2006 9:12pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 19,2006 10:14pm
street drum corps: they were probably the best thing at this show. That ruled in a serious way. piles of junk that they played in an industrial "ozomotli" way. Granted, their outfits were retarded, but they sounded really good and even had a theramin on stage. for the beginning part of their set, the mics weren't working at all, but they were still really loud. Most of the percusions weren't mic'd anyhow. I mean the guy was running around with a keg, fire extinguisher, and a piece to a car exaust. They had a few sparce samples.

deftones: the singer, chino got up on the crowd and had and insanely bright back lighting on him. I still don't like this band and don't get it. he did this hi-screaming thing a lot and it wasn't good.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Mar 19,2006 10:21pm

see the posters on the right?

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][12:18:01am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.02847 secs/41 queries]
[search][refresh page]