New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Iced Earth- Something wicked part Duex by Y_Ddraig_Goch on Feb 27,2006 4:21pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Y_Ddraig_Goch  at Feb 27,2006 4:21pm
ANyone know of any info about their newest album? It has been a while and so far all I know is it is called something wicked part 2.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Feb 27,2006 4:24pm
Please tell me you're joking. No Barlow=No Something Wicked.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Feb 27,2006 5:09pm
pam said:

agreed

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 27,2006 5:17pm
DreamingInExile said:
pam said:

agreed

I third that.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Feb 27,2006 5:29pm
I'm going to 4th my own point because it is THAT correct.

toggletoggle post by Cecchini at work at Feb 27,2006 6:00pm
even though i really liked barlow, jon schaffer IS Iced Earth and thats all that matters.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 27,2006 6:02pm
I know he writes everything...but he isn't all that matters. The albums with Barlow just sound better.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 27,2006 6:02pm
barlow made them stand out. they sound generic without him.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Feb 27,2006 7:14pm
plus Ripper Owens is terrible. boooowwwwwing

there's a reason he's always the replacement and never the replaced.

toggletoggle post by kessaris   at Feb 27,2006 7:44pm
brian_dc said:
DreamingInExile said:
pam said:

agreed

I third that.

Barlow 1999 =
Barlow 2006 =

Fact is, he butchered all his hair off and became a cop. Owens is the man, end of story. They sound like Pain-Killer era Priest now...except they sound 100X better!!!

Glorious Burden/Gettysburg was awesome, this will be no different. End of story, those who disagree...go listen to Dark Saga or something and cry about it.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 27,2006 7:47pm
Iced Earth always has teetered on the edge of becoming boring...but man...Dark Saga was the most formulaic crap Jon has come up with, I don't care how much people hock it.

toggletoggle post by pam   at Feb 27,2006 7:48pm
Something Wicked was always my favorite. Not into the dark saga so much.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Feb 27,2006 7:57pm
i look at iced earth as the worlds worst Iron Maiden cover band.

toggletoggle post by Cecchini   at Feb 27,2006 8:02pm
The 2 best Iced Earth albums don't even have Barlow on them... Night of the Stormrider and Glorious Burden

Despite the heavy maiden influence, they still don't sound like every other power metal band. Think of the big power metal bands that people are likely to find, Blind Guardian, Jag Panzer, Rhapsody, Labyrynth, Kamelot, Sonata Arctica, Dragonforce, they sound nothing like any of those bands. They only band they rip off on every album is themselves.

Finally, Iced Earth > Maiden in my opinion.

hahahaha

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Feb 27,2006 8:05pm
thats it... youve been cursed to nothing but self pleasuration for the next 2 years.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 27,2006 8:12pm
I love Stormrider for songs...but good god, some of those vocals.

toggletoggle post by kessaris   at Feb 27,2006 8:51pm
Iron Maiden > all bands that formed after them with a listed influence being Iron Maiden...end of story

toggletoggle post by kessaris   at Feb 27,2006 8:53pm
you only say Iced Earth > Maiden because you've only heard Dance of Death. So die with your boots on bitch

toggletoggle post by Todd NLI at Feb 28,2006 1:15pm
kessaris said:
you only say Iced Earth > Maiden because you've only heard Dance of Death. So die with your boots on bitch

you forgot to say "End of story"

toggletoggle post by chris_from_shit_fuck  at Feb 28,2006 1:28pm
I liked a few album, mainly Horror Show, but I dont' think Owens can hold a candle to Barlow. I thought the Glorious Burden had a few good songs, but I don't think that Ripper is all that great, I never have even when he replaced Halford in Priest.

toggletoggle post by MetalcoreSUCKS at Feb 28,2006 2:43pm
Im not an IE fan

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Feb 28,2006 2:46pm
Something Wicked is my favorite Iced Earth album.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Feb 28,2006 3:54pm
I respect them both, because they'r eboth better singers then I am, but Barlow's voice was soooooooo much more powerful and emotional

and I agree with RA, Something Wicked is my favorite as well, followed by a tie between Dark Saga and Burnt Offerings

toggletoggle post by SeedBassist at Feb 28,2006 4:02pm edited Feb 28,2006 4:03pm
DreamingInExile said:
and I agree with RA,

I glanced at this really quick and I thought you were talking about the band RA for a second....then I was going to call you a homo. But you werent....

you're still a feagabeefy though

toggletoggle post by Y_Ddraig_Goch  at Feb 28,2006 4:22pm
I loved the newest album, but I must say so far at the moment Barlow has proved the better vocalist, but I am sure with another album owen's might bring it up a notch, he is quite the singer on Glorious Burden.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Feb 28,2006 7:16pm
Cecchini said:

Finally, Iced Earth > Maiden in my opinion.

hahahaha

hahahahahaha that's hilarious. Steve Harris could shit out a song better than anything Iced Earth have ever done.

On a side note, I think IE peaked with Horror Show. That is a great record.

I used to love IE alot but have really grown apart from them. Jon Schaffer is actually an extremely unimaginative songwriter at this point. In my opinion, the best of his formulaic approach to music was on Horror Show.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Mar 1,2006 1:30am
Saying The Glorious Burden is a good album is like saying you love getting fucking in the ass by gorillas...makes no logical sense. That album was a shit tsunami and I think the only people that claim otherwise are just doing so to irritate me, or simply are not real. Same goes for people who like the new In Flames, and St. Anger. You are not real.

toggletoggle post by Cecchini UML edition at Mar 1,2006 11:26am
I firmly believe that GB was awesome. Great riffs, great new style Iced Earth songs, for some of the tracks a really good lead guitar player. The only songs on there that sucked were Hollow Man and When the Eagle Cries, everything else was quite good.

I do wish that the songs were more in the style of the older stuff, but for the newer sound they have now, this along with Horror Show is the pinnacle of the new style.

Besides, Me and Kessaris are two of the biggest Iced Earth marks around, hell 3HM covers about half of IE's catalog of songs, if we say it's good... IT IS GOOD!!!!

ha

toggletoggle post by kessaris   at Mar 1,2006 11:51am
pam nli said:
Saying The Glorious Burden is a good album is like saying you love getting fucking in the ass by gorillas...makes no logical sense. That album was a shit tsunami and I think the only people that claim otherwise are just doing so to irritate me, or simply are not real. Same goes for people who like the new In Flames, and St. Anger. You are not real.

I hate new In Flames and Stanger. But I do love Glorious Burden. Look who is in the band!!! Megadeth, Deicide, Death, and Judas Priest. And the whole Gettysburg thing is awesome. Although the DVD of it is a complete waste. I only got it because for a short time over the summer I was making bank!

Also, are you aware that Gorilla's have the smallest penis (in terms of the penis to body size) of all mammals on earth? So Getting fucked in the ass by a Gorilla would kinda be like getting fucked in the ass by a tall guy with a small penis. Still doesn't make sense, just throwing that out there.

toggletoggle post by kessaris   at Mar 1,2006 11:54am
not to mention songs like Declaration Day, The Reckoning, Greenface, Atilla, RED BARAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN (blue maxx), Waterloo, and of course, the greatest single IE song ever, Valley Forge.

toggletoggle post by kessaris   at Mar 1,2006 11:54am
3HM had a band practice one day where we learned just about everything off those 2 albums. it was hilarious

toggletoggle post by Cecchini in class at Mar 1,2006 1:01pm
Now there are three things Kessaris knows well...

1. Iced Earth
2. Penis sizes of animals
3. Getting banged in the ass by a tall dude with small wood.

In other words... case closed

toggletoggle post by kessaris   at Mar 1,2006 2:01pm
dammit! you got me, you got the tater

...actually Mincolla told me about the gorilla thing, I was just passing along the message. So really I only know 1 thing well...Iced Earth. Thats still sad...and somewhat gay

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][10:45:40pm Apr 23,2024
load time 0.01533 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]