New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> All About Records fest day 3 - Colin of Arabia, cut throat more... by the_reverend on Feb 19,2006 12:15pm
Add To All Your Pages!
Feb 19, 2006 Club deNiro (Taunton, Ma)
colin_of_arabia - 2006-02-19
Colin Of Arabia(79)
flash animated slider show
cut_throat - 2006-02-19
Cut Throat(104)
dying_for_it - 2006-02-19
Dying For It(59)
end_it_all - 2006-02-19
End It All(99)
follow_the_flies - 2006-02-19
Follow The Flies(50)
marks_of_a_hero - 2006-02-19
Marks Of A Hero(46)
orchestrate_the_incident - 2006-02-19
Orchestrate The Incident(37)
randomshots - 2006-02-19
Randomshots(1)
run_like_hell - 2006-02-19
Run Like Hell(24)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 12:15pm

toggletoggle post by thedeparted   at Feb 19,2006 12:19pm
you going to this rev

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 2:51pm
I'm here now.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 2:51pm
I'm here now.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 2:53pm
I AM HERE NOW111!!!!11

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 3:01pm
wow, there is a space heater here and it just blew up or something. it's going to get really cold in here really fast. smells like kerosene too.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 19,2006 3:04pm
hahahaha. Russ Orcutt always is quality.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 3:16pm
russ rules. he definitely doesn't do this shit for the $$. he just gave me a copy of the new end it all CD. it's really good.

also, this club is like a stones throw from the old AAR place. taunton is such a shitty place to find directions around.
turn at the sign for the music complex off spring street and there you go.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 19,2006 3:18pm
yer welcome revvie poo

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 19,2006 3:21pm
All the way back when he booked Reflections in New Bedford, all I've known is enough bands to make a new country that have been ripped off by him. I don't know firsthand,because my band doesn't have indie enough haircuts to be booked by him... or have an e-mail replied to ever.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 3:30pm
sounds like what is said about the the kid who books for sin city... so the other night the hoods went to play knowing this, got there sort of being dicks to the kid and the kid had all the money right there waiting for them and they felt band.

reminds me of your family's nick name. sure, give 105% to the comunity, but do they call you generous?
go to church everyweekend,but do they call you pious?
but you fuck one goat...

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 19,2006 3:32pm
My family's nickname? Are you on the pot, Aaron?

toggletoggle post by horror_tang  at Feb 19,2006 3:56pm
Yeah, Russ Orcutt is a fat piece of shit who should put out of his misery. He has no real friends so he books shows so people will like him. I will say I am a bit surprised by the line-up of the show. Russ during his Reflections days would have had something like this.

Lost City Angels
Colin of Arabia
Slayer
Feed Us Fetus
Blood for Blood
Run Like Hell
Iron Maiden

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 4:10pm
damn, where the fuck was I when that was happening? I'm sitting right beside the run like hell merch dood. I wonder if I've seen them before.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 4:12pm
damn, it's fucking cold in here... shortly I'm going to the car to get gloves and second hoodie. would someone please think of the children!

toggletoggle post by horror_tang  at Feb 19,2006 4:13pm
I sure as hell hope not. Because they are a gay. If the guy's name is Lenny, remember his face because I am going to pulverize his cranium one of these days.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 4:18pm
but why remember it if I have to remember a whole new face with tubes coming from it?
http://www.ispub.com/xml/journals/ijs/vol2n2/gswsi-fig2.png
you definitely aren't looking out for my best interest if you want me to waste my mental processing time and my interal storage spaces. how bout this, I will take pictures but not remember his face. this way, if I so choose, I have external storage of what his face looked like with which I can compare, ok? I know that this is slower, but in the end will work out better.

toggletoggle post by horror_tang  at Feb 19,2006 4:25pm
Yeah, save your memories for fields of daisys and Rich running naked through them.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 19,2006 4:28pm
HOT.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 4:47pm
it would look something like..

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 19,2006 4:50pm
^_^

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 4:55pm
follow the flies: it's funny that someone said something about funny hair cuts and then I see this band with funny hairdoos... or are those hair dont's ahahaahahaha. anyhow they had a few people from the front row jump up and sing along on different songs. some of it remind me of tears of avarel where you had the lo/hi vocals. the music was more mosh and less grind. on of their beginnings to a song was the bury your fucking dead thing. when ever I hear that from a band not byd, I think to myself "self, someone would get beat up if they did that infront of the wrong person".

orchestrate the incident: they had a VCR up on stage. probably stolen from their parents. someone should tell mom and dad to get a DVD player. they played the rug rats theme for an intro to their set. I had thought it was going to be a drummachine, but it wasn't. they reminded me of how horse the band acts on stage. lots of silly antics, but with out the tiny hot pants that htb uses. over all it was decent sounding.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 6:27pm
marks of a hero: they were and I'm guessing still are, from albany. they played metalcore that was sort of leaning towards the singing of the HFC stuff. the bassplayer did alot of clean singing and some screaming. sort of reminded me of the beloved. at the end, I think they played a dying for it song or something. the guys from dying for it when on stage and sang along at least. the lead guitarist always faced the drummer though.

dying for it: another metalcore band. these guys are pretty good. I remember liking them the last time I saw them too. their set started the singing along and interaction with the crowd. at one point the crowd spilled up on to the stage. the bouncers didn't like that one bit and started pushing kids back. someone tipped back a monitor which busted a 1/4" cable. those monitors are designed poorly cause the delicate connector is right in the back where the monitor tips back on to. they played a cover, but I honestly have no clue who it was.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 19,2006 6:49pm
carina: how are you feeling?
aaron: actually i'm cold.it's pretty cold in here

ps: made you dinner

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 7:59pm
i m starved too...
2more bands.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 8:32pm
1 more band.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 10:48pm
I told nick that I would be home by 10:30 and I pulled in at 10:29

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 19,2006 11:08pm
pictures uploading in a second brainiacs.

toggletoggle post by cav at Feb 19,2006 11:15pm
hey rev...the best was when one of the two bands (besides the departed) that opened up for BYD, i think 40sls and cantstandlosing... at the living room a couple weeks ago...one of em played the "bury your fucking dead" part to a T. drum fills and all. i was laughing so hard. on haymaker TD plays the same breakdown too. i love hardcore...so original.

toggletoggle post by slowlypeelingtheflesh   at Feb 20,2006 1:07pm
hey rev can you send me a hi-res version of this picture?

my email is j6anderson@bridgew.edu

toggletoggle post by Phillip at Feb 20,2006 2:12pm
RichHorror said:
All the way back when he booked Reflections in New Bedford, all I've known is enough bands to make a new country that have been ripped off by him. I don't know firsthand,because my band doesn't have indie enough haircuts to be booked by him... or have an e-mail replied to ever.

man I loved Reflections

toggletoggle post by lenny from rlh at Feb 20,2006 5:25pm
hey richhorror, i'm pretty sure we've talked many times before and you've been nothing but nice to me....just wondering why my cranium is going to be pulverized?? i mean if this is true good fucking luck, you're rediculous. and yea that was me sitting at the merch table. and dude, my face will look fine next time you see me. it's amazing how poeple always shit talk other bands when their band didn't play the show? are you mad at russ for not booking you? why not talk to him rather than leave gay comments on a bulletin board, cause if there's nothing more GAY than that.

toggletoggle post by lenny from rlh at Feb 20,2006 5:29pm
i'm sorry i mean horror tang

toggletoggle post by horror_tang  at Feb 20,2006 6:27pm
First, this ain't Rich. It's his uglier sidekick in the band. This has nothing to do with Russ' fest. I wasn't shit talking your band. I was talking shit about you. Truthfully, I don't like you. You are just a shady motherfucker and I get bad vibes from you. I don't like being lied to about booking my band. Don't fucking tell me that you'll book my band and get back to me and then not do it. Don't like my band? Just fucking tell me and I wouldn't have bothered asking on several occasions about shows.

As for violence. I publicly declare I would never advocate such actions. Anyone that says otherwise is liar. I am the most peaceful man on the earth. I would not walk up to you and punch you in the throat because that is not in my nature. If anyone were to give you a beating it would not be me or anyone I am affiliated with.

Where's the fucking jello shots?!

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 20,2006 9:24pm
feel free to list any band ive ripped off and how
id like to know, cause i can only think of 1 band that i purposely refused to pay because they were total dicks and it was about a year ago

also dont be mad cause i never booked your band
you guys are old enough to know some bands dont work with others
there are only so many shows and so many bands

this is russ by the way

toggletoggle post by ratt_mowe at Feb 20,2006 10:51pm
thanks for pinching my nipple, rev.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 20,2006 10:53pm
I'd mention bands, but I've been asked in the past not to. It's no big deal, just shooting the breeze. I doubt you'll be forced out of business or the scene on the power of my opinion.

toggletoggle post by allaboutrecords at Feb 21,2006 12:07am
wanna know why youve been asked not to, cause they are full of shit
the only reason any band didnt get paid for playing 1 of my shows is either they didnt ask or it was a benefit
if i was really ripping off bands do you really think bands would still ask me for shows, yourself included, you mention reflections rumors but even you use to ask to play aar

ive been hearing the same shit for years

if your really think i ripped off these bands, feel free to message me and id love to see who it is and what they are saying, odds are i booked them numerous times even though i was ripping them off

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 21,2006 12:29am
Like I said, just shooting the breeze.

I don't recall asking to play AAR. Maybe Jeff did. I assume so, with what he's said elsewhere in this thread and to me personally. But I don't really know. I'm not his mom.

toggletoggle post by allaboutrecords at Feb 21,2006 12:44am
well whomever it was they did it alot at least once or twice a week for a while

nice how shooting the breeze is basically talking shit about someone, and something you know nothing about

its pretty funny how everytime i call out someone on the ripping bands off, they never ever back it up

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 21,2006 12:47am
we can all agree at least that the internet is a fuckin' super place to get fired up.

I'm fired up about the internet guys. Who's with me?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 21,2006 12:57am
The internet, serious business.

Just pretend there's an asian kid with glasses staring at you right now.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 21,2006 1:00am
It's pretty funny that someone you don't care about ruined your day to the point where you can't stop crying about it on a heavy metal message board.

toggletoggle post by allaboutrecords at Feb 21,2006 1:03am
my days definately not ruined
if anything this is keeping me entertained

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 21,2006 1:06am
russ, next time there had best be mother fucking green m&m$ god damn it.

toggletoggle post by allaboutrecords at Feb 21,2006 1:08am
bro all you had to do was ask we keep them on hand for the nu metal bands

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 21,2006 1:09am
YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH

toggletoggle post by allaboutrecords at Feb 21,2006 1:12am
well im off to bed i have to work tomorrow
i know what your thinking, work? but he makes so much money ripping off bands and booking shows
its never enough!

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 21,2006 1:16am
Oh good. As long as everyone's happy.

toggletoggle post by ratt_mowe at Feb 21,2006 1:41am
YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHEYEAHEYEAHEYAHEYEHAYEHAEYAEHAEYEHA

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 21,2006 1:43am
you say i only hear what i want to.
you say i talk so all the time so.

and i thought what i felt was simple,
and i thought that i don't belong,
and now that i am leaving,
now i know that i did something wrong 'cause i missed you.
yeah, i missed you.

and you say i only hear what i want to:
i don't listen hard,
i don't pay attention to the distance that you're running
or to anyone, anywhere,
i don't understand if you really care,
i'm only hearing negative: no, no, no.

so i turned the radio on, i turned the radio up,
and this woman was singing my song:
the lover's in love, and the other's run away,
the lover is crying 'cause the other won't stay.

some of us hover when we weep for the other who was
dying since the day they were born.
well, this is not that:
i think that i'm throwing, but i'm thrown.

and i thought I'd live forever, but now i'm not so sure.

you try to tell me that i'm clever,
but that won't take me anyhow, or anywhere with you.

you said that i was naive,
and i thought that i was strong.
i thought, "hey, i can leave, i can leave."
but now i know that i was wrong, 'cause i missed you.

you said, "you caught you 'cause you want me and one day you'll let me go."
"you try to give away a keeper, or keep me 'cause you know you're just scared to lose.
and you say, "stay."

you say i only hear what i want to.

toggletoggle post by ratt_mowe at Feb 21,2006 1:49am
lisa loeb is fucking hot.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 21,2006 1:51am
how can anyone fight with Lisa in the room?

toggletoggle post by ratt_mowe at Feb 21,2006 1:56am
seriously now...

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Feb 21,2006 2:03am
the_reverend said:

reFUCKINGpost

allaboutrecords said:
bro all you had to do was ask we keep them on hand for the nu metal bands

im so starting the rumor right now, this just in It Will End In Pure Horror sell out with their first release from HorrorBlast Records and release the worst NuMetal since one of those bands that misspelt their name.

stay tuned for more rumors here on the hour, every hour

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 21,2006 2:29am
steven colbert is dead?!? you dont say.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 21,2006 2:32am
for some reason I feel like this rumor will explode gloriously.

toggletoggle post by ratt_mowe at Feb 21,2006 2:48am
hahahahaha

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 21,2006 12:42pm
who fucking cares? who fucking cares?

toggletoggle post by horror_tang  at Feb 21,2006 12:54pm
im so starting the rumor right now, this just in It Will End In Pure Horror sell out with their first release from HorrorBlast Records and release the worst NuMetal since one of those bands that misspelt their name.

stay tuned for more rumors here on the hour, every hour

Cat...Bag...Shhhhhhh!!!

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Feb 21,2006 12:58pm
its out there now man, just go with it

toggletoggle post by horror_tang  at Feb 21,2006 1:11pm
Fine. I thought we could keep a lid on this. You have to go where the big bucks are though. Everyone is lucky rapcore is not big. I rip up the mic.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Feb 21,2006 1:15pm
careful with that mic

toggletoggle post by ratt_mowe at Feb 21,2006 1:17pm
i fucking care. i fucking care.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Feb 21,2006 1:23pm
we care a lot !

toggletoggle post by ratt_mowe at Feb 21,2006 2:28pm
dear rev,

im sad to see no review of cut throat.

and that other band that played.

i mean, you did pinch my nipple and all....

sincerely,
matt

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 21,2006 2:31pm
it's on my plate to do.
been busy.

toggletoggle post by ratt_mowe at Feb 21,2006 2:32pm
been busy making sweet sweet love to yourself. admit it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 21,2006 2:33pm
if it were only that easy...

toggletoggle post by ratt_mowe at Feb 21,2006 2:37pm
you're easy

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 21,2006 2:39pm
that's not what my boxers say.
they say "jackpot"

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 21,2006 7:19pm edited Feb 21,2006 7:20pm
run like hell: they weren’t really what I like in music. It reminded me of the music that you hear when playing one of those new-fangled video games. You know, the kind with a music sound track and you get to catch wicked sick aim. They played well and the crowd packed up front to see them.

end it all: I had seen the CD release party post for them and I was intrigued cause of the bands they were playing with, mostly metal doods. Live, they were a bit more hardcore than the track russ played for me in his store. They sort of reminded me of a more metal burn in silence mixed with frozen. I kept thinking that this is how hardcore kids pay metal. The guitarist said that they were double endorsed. I’m not sure how a band that I don’t know, who I’ve not seen on many concert listings with them on it, can have an endorsement deal let alone with 2 companies. The beasts they were playing looked pretty sweet.

cut throat: the show should have be over right here. The bouncers had been stopping people from doing anything in the crowd and on stage and you can’t see CT with out all the bodies flying through the air and pile ups for the sing alongs. There were a few “beefs” between some people and the security, but for the most part it was all chill. The crowd got a little wild, but there wasn’t anything bad. There were 2 songs they played at the beginning and if you can get through those, you are set.

colin of arabia: ok, so this set shouldn’t have happened. COA is probably just as surprised that the show didn’t end with CT as everyone else. Heck, I was surprised when nick started carrying his drums in. Same deal with CT, but when Colin tells you to respect a place, even if he’s on fire jumping through the windows, you respect the place. The crowd down there was ½ the normal Brockton crowd of faces and ½ kids from the taunton area. Their set was fun and just as charged as Brockton, but not as violent. They played a song from the 4-way 7”, I need to get myself a copy of that for WUNH.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 21,2006 7:47pm
YEAYEAYEAYEAAAAAAAAAAAAA

matt rowe shits on my chest for me

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 21,2006 7:48pm
matt would quit COA if the casualties would have him back.

toggletoggle post by ratt_mowe at Feb 21,2006 11:21pm
hahahha sorry no

toggletoggle post by ratt_mowe at Feb 21,2006 11:22pm
YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAHYEHAYEAHEYAHEAH

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 22,2006 1:12am
oh hey wow, Dying For It didn't leave with the PA after they played?
Good for them I guess.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 22,2006 1:18am
uh...scene drama?

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 22,2006 1:19am
Colin from Dying For It lived in my dorm freshman year at Providence College...he's a good shit.

toggletoggle post by allaboutrecords at Feb 22,2006 10:14am
mike dfi doesnt have a pa
i think you mean confessions of a gunfighter, if your talkin about that kingston show
alot of people make that mistake

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Feb 22,2006 10:29am
it's MY jackpot and that's why I bought him those boxers

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][6:25:14am Mar 28,2024
load time 1.40740 secs/31 queries]
[search][refresh page]