New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> New Metallica album to be produced by Rick Ruben by kessaris on Feb 16,2006 5:58pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by kessaris   at Feb 16,2006 5:58pm
thats right, no more trash can snare. although, I completely expect this to be the biggest piece of wooooooody woooooo yet.

But Bob Rock is producing Motley Crue's newest piece of garbage, so Rick Ruben will produce Metallica's newest piece of garbage. You know what would be hilarious, if in a year from now I ate my own words and Metallica put out a really cool album. For now I'll play the assume game howeveer

toggletoggle post by poopsmcgee  at Feb 16,2006 6:01pm
it will still suck ass

toggletoggle post by kessaris   at Feb 16,2006 6:08pm
I'm well aware

I'll post something funny in a sec

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 16,2006 6:38pm
wel im siked st ang3r waz sIC|<

toggletoggle post by kessaris   at Feb 16,2006 7:12pm
there used to be a hilarious parody online, but you're going to have to look for it

google Matt Smith St. Anger Parody

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 16,2006 7:27pm
Hahaha, that was pretty funny.

toggletoggle post by evil puppy at Feb 16,2006 7:33pm
poopsmcgee said:
it will still suck ass

yup

toggletoggle post by KOK at Feb 16,2006 10:20pm
Rubin, and Metallica is about 13 years past, any potential that Rubin could contribute.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 16,2006 11:07pm
the dream of metallica ever making a "metal" comeback has long since died.

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Feb 16,2006 11:20pm
I read an interview where Lars states flat out that Bob Rock is doing it. Hopefully that's wrong though. Rubin's probably the only one who might tell them to cut the shit.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 16,2006 11:26pm
kessaris said:
there used to be a hilarious parody online, but you're going to have to look for it

google Matt Smith St. Anger Parody

http://www.sinister.com.au/_dloads/ms_stanger/ms_stanger.php#

there it is

this reminds me that I used to be on the Symphony X message board

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Feb 17,2006 12:39am
COMPLEX JUST LIKE JUSTICE

COMPLEX JUST LIKE JUSTICE

oh man, kessaris and i have spent many an hour laughing our asses off at that.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Feb 17,2006 1:53am
This band is dead to me since their self-titled CD. Only their 80's stuff is great.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Feb 17,2006 1:53am
AUTOPSY_666 said:
This band is dead to me since their self-titled CD. Only their 80's stuff is great.

toggletoggle post by SeedBassist at Feb 17,2006 2:10am
I'm not expecting anything great by any means.....i'll still download the album at some point.....or get it from someone who buys it. It will be interesting to see what Rob has to bring to the table. I love what he did in Suicidal Tendencies and Infectious Grooves. It's good to see they got away from Bob Rock, even if it's only for just one album. I mean, the Black Album was ok, I even liked some songs off of Load (the more "bluesier" ones), wasnt diggin on Reload....and st wanker....well.....yeah we'll leave it at that. Who knows? Maybe they'll surprise us? Very unlikely, but that would be cool if they came out with a decent album.

Too bad that even if they do release a good album....people will still bash it simply for the sake of bashing Metallica.

toggletoggle post by Robdeadskin  at Feb 17,2006 8:49am
st. anger wouldnt have been that bad if they didnt record that STUPID SNARE AND THE MORON LYRICS!

toggletoggle post by Cecchini   at Feb 17,2006 8:51am
I don't like any Metallica. When St. Anger first came out it had some riffs that were alright, but still everything that band has done sucks.

Why listen to Metallica when you can just listen to the far superior Megadeth or Iced Earth?

toggletoggle post by SPALDINO at Feb 17,2006 8:59am
you knmow... rob's right. it was pretty groovy and would have been a decent instrumental album if the snare was fixed. would have made a sick racing game soundtrack.

INVISIBILE KIIIIIID-UH!

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Feb 17,2006 9:30am
maybe they'll give Kirk back his wah pedal... or let him do a guitar solo... maybe they'll write longer songs again...

maybe, just maybe, this could be a better album then the last 3 or 4...

but I won't hold my breath

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Feb 17,2006 11:24am
Produced by Rick Rubin?...So it is gonna be a rap album?

toggletoggle post by craz   at Feb 17,2006 11:37am
Actually if you listen to St.Anger the songs are pretty long but way too repeative. If they brought back some solos instead of trying to be radio friendly they'll possibly rebuild their credibility and people may and I say may loosely start liking them again.

toggletoggle post by hungta'bleed at Feb 17,2006 11:42am
Rick Rubin?

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Feb 17,2006 11:45am
^^ That right there is Paul Ruebens, But hey ya never know they could be related, I'd change my last name is I was related to Pee Wee

toggletoggle post by hungta‘bleed at Feb 17,2006 11:55am
haha, I was kidding...

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Feb 17,2006 12:32pm
i stopped giving a shit about this band long ago. their new album will suck.

toggletoggle post by kessaris   at Feb 17,2006 12:32pm
Cecchini said:
I don't like any Metallica. When St. Anger first came out it had some riffs that were alright, but still everything that band has done sucks.

Why listen to Metallica when you can just listen to the far superior Megadeth or Iced Earth?

Thank you for saying Megadeth, we can still be in a band together

As far as you hating Metallica, I remember growing up...appearently you don't. So therefore I'm madly in anger with you! Remember your roots!

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead nli at Feb 17,2006 1:52pm
dwellingsickness said:
Produced by Rick Rubin?...So it is gonna be a rap album?

Rick Rubin is one of the top ROCK producers out there. He founded def jam and was almost single handedly responsible for the rap movement in the 80's, but don't balk at Rubin producing rock or metal. If you've ever paid attention to Rubin's production (good example would be the Mars Volta - De loused at the Comatorium) I think this is a good sign that metallica will finally have that "raw" sound they swore they'd have with St Anger.

That said, I abandoned hope for Metallica over 10 years ago.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Feb 17,2006 3:10pm
Rubin did SLAYER and DANZIG too, right?

toggletoggle post by Cecchini   at Feb 17,2006 3:16pm
AUTOPSY_666 said:
Rubin did SLAYER and DANZIG too, right?

Yea, and the Beastie Boys, and most of those bands hate him now. He also brought Johnny Cash's career back for one last hurrah.

toggletoggle post by craz   at Feb 17,2006 3:34pm
Rubin is fucking well rounded when it comes to music.

toggletoggle post by infoterror  at Feb 17,2006 5:37pm
RUBIN IS QUITE FUCKING ROUND
AND JEWISH
YOU DON'T LIKE RICK RUBIN?
YOU ANTI-SEMITE NAZI FUCK
I BET YOU'RE BLACK TOO

toggletoggle post by HailTheLeaf  at Feb 17,2006 7:25pm
Cecchini said:

hahaha, because Iced Earth is gay...seriously though, damnit, if this is true and Rubin is really producing then I donno whether to actually be hopeful again or not...arrrghh

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Feb 17,2006 7:25pm
Geez , ya can't take a joke people?

toggletoggle post by retzam at Feb 17,2006 10:53pm
SeedBassist said:
I'm not expecting anything great by any means.....i'll still download the album at some point.....or get it from someone who buys it. It will be interesting to see what Rob has to bring to the table. I love what he did in Suicidal Tendencies and Infectious Grooves. It's good to see they got away from Bob Rock, even if it's only for just one album. I mean, the Black Album was ok, I even liked some songs off of Load (the more "bluesier" ones), wasnt diggin on Reload....and st wanker....well.....yeah we'll leave it at that. Who knows? Maybe they'll surprise us? Very unlikely, but that would be cool if they came out with a decent album.

Too bad that even if they do release a good album....people will still bash it simply for the sake of bashing Metallica.

I think Reload is their best album since Justice. I like everything Metallica's done up to (not including that is) St. Anger. I gotta be the only person on this board who can honestly say that. If they make another album along the lines of Reload, I'll be happy, and I bet that's the best we can ever hope for from them. Damn... St. Anger was so disappointing...

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Breathing Slutty Creation
[default homepage] [print][7:16:52am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01620 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]