Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> BENUMB by Joe/NotCommon on Feb 13,2006 10:42am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 13,2006 10:42am
Anyone here like Benumb or are you all still being gay?

Looks like they are gonna play the Doom and Grind fest.

toggletoggle post by pisscup at Feb 13,2006 10:45am
Benumb are a bunch of liberal pinko faggots.

toggletoggle post by RichHorrorNLI at Feb 13,2006 10:49am
ALL...ME

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 13,2006 10:51am
Rich totally hooked this shit up! I love Benumb.

toggletoggle post by slowlypeelingtheflesh   at Feb 13,2006 11:04am
awesome!

toggletoggle post by slowlypeelingtheflesh   at Feb 13,2006 11:04am
isnt the singer still in Iraq?

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 13,2006 11:09am
No, he is back safe and sound.

toggletoggle post by RichHorrorNLI at Feb 13,2006 3:57pm
POWERDOOMVIOLENCE!

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Feb 13,2006 4:02pm
I added BENUMB to Metal Archives and they later were removed, I guess they aren't "Metal" enough or something.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 13,2006 4:52pm
holy shit that band is awesome and hypocritical

what more could you want?

toggletoggle post by not a coincidenc at Feb 13,2006 4:57pm
sex?

toggletoggle post by not a coincidenc at Feb 13,2006 5:01pm

toggletoggle post by evil puppy at Feb 13,2006 6:15pm
pisscup said:

I agree

toggletoggle post by wade at Feb 13,2006 6:32pm
pisscup said:

you can tell Pete when they play the fest.

toggletoggle post by wade at Feb 13,2006 6:34pm
Benumb seals my attendance.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2006 1:06am
Wise man.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Feb 14,2006 1:14am
hey, I'm a liberal pinko faggot...and I like Benumb...I'm interested.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2006 1:32am
We all are, inside.

toggletoggle post by badsneakers at Feb 14,2006 5:46am
sweet!

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 14,2006 8:54am
anybody else read Pete's letter in the new Resound?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2006 10:16am
Joe/NotCommon said:
Rich totally hooked this shit up!

Indeed I did. Time to sign my band.

toggletoggle post by intricateprocess   at Feb 14,2006 12:13pm
Joe/NotCommon said:

Looks like they are gonna play the Doom and Grind fest.

friggin AWESOME!

toggletoggle post by wade nli at Feb 14,2006 12:47pm
the_taste_of_cigarettes said:
anybody else read Pete's letter in the new Resound?

relapse hates me i think & i haven't seen a new resound in a while. what'd he say?

toggletoggle post by wade nli at Feb 14,2006 12:49pm
pete is one of the most sincere people I've ever known, hands down. we did a story on Benumb a while ago and I had to transcribe like 4 hours of recordings, hah...

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2006 12:57pm
Pete is my brutha from anutha mutha.

I haven't gotten a Resound in forever either. Is there an online version?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2006 1:56pm
Pete Benumb from Iraq

By: Pete Benumb

Before I begin I want to thank James Grell and all at Relapse for letting me do this article. For those who donıt know, for the last nine months Iıve been stationed in Baghdad, Iraq with my National Guard unit. A quick history, Iıve been with the National Guard for about 14 years and the regular Army for 4 yrs. I am here in Iraq of my own free will. I am in no way a victim of circumstance or a victim at all. I was not carried away in the middle of the night by the evil army of George W. Bush in front of my weeping mother. I chose to come here.

Letıs just skip the reason I joined the military in the first place and get straight to the one issue. The sharp contrast between some of Benumbıs lyrics and my actions (i.e. my military obligation and being involved in this politically charged conflict) boils down to straight hypocrisy, thus making me a hypocrite. Regardless of how vocal Iıve been about my involvement, I have said one thing and done another. Once more making me a hypocrite. Now that thatıs been said I want to talk about something that actually matters, Iraq and her people.

Here are some facts, a few years back good old Sadam was given some money (food for oil) from the USA. Well that money built about 250 really nice palaces throughout Iraq. While Iraqıs people lived in, and in some cases still do, the true definition of squalor, destitution, and poverty, I have seen housing complexes on the outskirts of Baghdad that make homeless encampments in the US look like upscale neighborhoods due to no electricity or running water. There is raw sewage in the street and mounds and mounds of garbage and waste. One thing you will never hear on CNN. Part of the Military operations here in Iraq is to report these problems to US and Multinational contractors who fix these issues. And they actually do fix these issues.

Sadly, these people have been oppressed on so many levels. By Sadam, by fear, by armed gunmen representing whomever, shooting down police and civilians in broad daylight. Kidnapping innocent civilians seen talking with US Forces, holding them for ransom, torturing them for information and then eventually killing them. I am sure that thereıs someone reading this and saying, ³This wouldnıt happen if the US wasnıt involved². Bullshit! It would occur on a larger scale. The world may never be free of violence and oppression, but I am proud to be with people that are making efforts to displace it in this region.
I strongly feel that Iraq could use a strong dose of western civilization. I do not mean abandoning her past, her religious beliefs, or her rich culture. I mean the people should be entitled to a sense of real security as well as a stable economy and financial institutions, (regardless of how much I hate most financial and credit institutions). Not to mention having running water, working toilets, sewage systems and sanitation programs, all the creature comforts we spoil ourselves with in the US. They too should be entitled to every aspect.

Since Iıve been here, I have worked in both an office environment and also outside. I have worked with both day laborers and business owners and I have to say this experience has been rich, happy, sad, depressing, uplifting, angry and hilarious. Itıs been life. Iıve seen a government take form (lets all pray it works for them). I was here when a President was elected. I am forever changed. No more can I look at a world issue without thinking of the human factor, the preservation of human life and dignity, the displacement of oppression and suffering. Sometimes these things have to take place by force. I am proud to serve and of those I serve with. To all those Bco 1/184 (attached and detached) thank you. To those who took the time to read this, supported Benumb in any way, or e-mailed me, a huge thank you.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 14,2006 1:57pm
I love how he completely avoids discussing how hypocritical he seems with anti-government song lyrics and pro government action

toggletoggle post by wade nli at Feb 14,2006 2:05pm
"Letıs just skip the reason I joined the military in the first place and get straight to the one issue. The sharp contrast between some of Benumbıs lyrics and my actions (i.e. my military obligation and being involved in this politically charged conflict) boils down to straight hypocrisy, thus making me a hypocrite. Regardless of how vocal Iıve been about my involvement, I have said one thing and done another. Once more making me a hypocrite. Now that thatıs been said I want to talk about something that actually matters, Iraq and her people."

what more would you want him to say, sir?

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2006 2:09pm
Nick demands a thesis on ethics.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 14,2006 2:22pm
wade nli said:
"Letıs just skip the reason I joined the military in the first place and get straight to the one issue. The sharp contrast between some of Benumbıs lyrics and my actions (i.e. my military obligation and being involved in this politically charged conflict) boils down to straight hypocrisy, thus making me a hypocrite. Regardless of how vocal Iıve been about my involvement, I have said one thing and done another. Once more making me a hypocrite. Now that thatıs been said I want to talk about something that actually matters, Iraq and her people."

admitting he's being hypocritical doesn't explain the situation at all, does it?

I'd like to know how he can say things about how corrupt coporations, governments, and militaries are and then just go ahead and support all of those when he's not on band-time. It's a conflict.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2006 2:27pm
Maybe because this country is not the only corrupt government involved in the "war".

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 14,2006 2:31pm
probably, but I'd like to hear what Pete has to say on it.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Feb 14,2006 2:32pm
wade nli said:

admitting he's being hypocritical doesn't explain the situation at all, does it?

I'd like to know how he can say things about how corrupt coporations, governments, and militaries are and then just go ahead and support all of those when he's not on band-time. It's a conflict.

we all support corrupt corporations, governments and militaries everytime we go to the supermarket or mall. this guy being in the military serves one purpose and his band's message serves another. people are still influenced by the lyrics so it's not like his military service makes his band totally invalid.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2006 2:32pm
That's the general feeling I got from reading that. Especially the two paragraphs following his admission of hypocrisy.

toggletoggle post by pisscup at Feb 14,2006 2:33pm
pisscup said:

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Feb 14,2006 2:44pm

Get a life. Seriously.

toggletoggle post by wade nli at Feb 14,2006 3:15pm
pisscup said:
pisscup said:

okay pisscup. good one.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2006 3:19pm
Fuck politics, Benumb is awesome.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 14,2006 3:20pm
Benumb is boring crap.

toggletoggle post by watchmaker666  at Feb 14,2006 3:42pm
its fucking grindcore, how seriously do you take grindcore lyrics? Give the guy a fucking break

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 14,2006 3:42pm
Josh_Martin said:

Get a life. Seriously.

make an Anal Cunt reference. You know you want to.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 14,2006 3:49pm
Yeti said:
Benumb is boring crap.

Apparently you've never seen them live. At the NEMHF a few years back they blew me away.

I got a cool tape of some Candaian PV band from Pete.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2006 3:52pm
What's the band's name?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 14,2006 3:56pm
Peruke.

the tape is awesome.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2006 3:58pm
I must investigate further.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Feb 14,2006 4:37pm
Josh_Martin said:

Get a life. Seriously.

make an Anal Cunt reference. You know you want to.

I am a total posuer compared to you. I've only written songs about raping women, while you've actually done it.
I bow to you.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2006 4:44pm
Everyone's giggling right now, and no one wants to admit it.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Feb 14,2006 4:09pm
Who's the bigger hypocrite, a guy who writes anti-government songs but joins the army, or a guy who acts like an enlightened liberal but is actually a rapist?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 14,2006 4:15pm
Josh_Martin said:
Who's the bigger hypocrite, a guy who writes anti-government songs but joins the army, or a guy who acts like an enlightened liberal but is actually a rapist?

Nah, I'm pretty sure you're a rapist.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 14,2006 4:17pm
oh by the way josh, let me help you out

"Well when I was in AC __________"

"This band borrowed from AC in this way __________ "

"You don't know shit about music because I was in _________, __________, and Anal Cunt and _______"

That's a useful cheat sheet, just cut and paste that next time so you save yourself finger strain.

toggletoggle post by slowlypeelingtheflesh   at Feb 14,2006 4:17pm
RichHorror said:
Part of the Military operations here in Iraq is to report these problems to US and Multinational contractors who fix these issues. And they actually do fix these issues.

This is the only thing that bothers me. They do fix these issues by supplying contracts to Hailburton, which in turns puts cash in the people running our country. So are they are really in it for the well being of the Iraqi people, or just the cash? The answer is obvious.

toggletoggle post by KillerKadoogan   at Feb 14,2006 5:45pm
Anthony nli said:
we all support corrupt corporations, governments and militaries everytime we go to the supermarket or mall...people are still influenced by the lyrics so it's not like his military service makes his band totally invalid.

AMEN

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Feb 14,2006 9:26pm
who says you can't hate something and "support" it at the same time?

+ corruption is better than nothing

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 14,2006 9:35pm
everybody said:
a bunch of stuff i don't care about

benumb kills. the end.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 14,2006 9:55pm
yeah seriously. I hate when fucking peter eaters like Josh Martin come in and bring this down to a Kindergarten level.

This should be about Benumb, not about morons being stupid.

toggletoggle post by wade at Feb 14,2006 10:11pm
xmikex said:
everybody said:
a bunch of stuff i don't care about

benumb kills. the end.

seriously. hating benumb is pretty much like sucking a cock with your eyes closed and lots of saliva.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2006 10:12pm
They will slaughter at the fest. And in Philly and NYC, if all goes according to plan.

toggletoggle post by cdan nli at Feb 14,2006 11:27pm

sick! benumb is the shit

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 14,2006 11:40pm
Word.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Feb 15,2006 11:15pm edited Feb 15,2006 11:16pm

This should be about Benumb, not about morons being stupid.

stupid morons need the most attention.

toggletoggle post by Dissector NLI at Feb 16,2006 10:20am
Playing with BENUMB is gonna be awesome. I think that's a well written "essay" by Pete.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Feb 16,2006 10:48am
When I was in Anal Cunt Benumb opened for us in Oakland. Pete let us crash at his apt. Pete is the nicest guy on the planet and anyone who would question his ethics is a stupid fuck.

toggletoggle post by horror_tang  at Feb 16,2006 11:05am
Josh you'd better watch out. You mentioned AC so the rapist from Taste of Silver is going to be all over you about it. Pete is cool as hell. My question is why hasn't anyone just beaten the shit out of the rapist already?

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Feb 16,2006 11:06am
I think bands who play my shows are far bigger hypocrites then any points made about Benumb or any other band in this thread.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Feb 16,2006 11:29am
horror_tang said:
Josh you'd better watch out. You mentioned AC so the rapist from Taste of Silver is going to be all over you about it. Pete is cool as hell. My question is why hasn't anyone just beaten the shit out of the rapist already?

he's usually too busy hiding while his singer gets beat up

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 16,2006 2:01pm
That's THERAPIST, Mr. Connery.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 16,2006 3:18pm
Who raped who? Im confused

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 16,2006 3:32pm
Josh raped a few girls while he was in AC

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 16,2006 3:34pm
I'm insanely jealous.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 16,2006 3:35pm
I think it's funny that Josh Martin is still caught up in high school bullshit but he's old enough to be a grandfather.

What a loser.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 16,2006 3:48pm

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 16,2006 3:51pm
nice

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 16,2006 3:53pm
And long past due.

toggletoggle post by wade at Feb 21,2006 8:07pm
joe & Rich - thanks for making this happen! hopefully they'll get to play some other shows out east. Benumb's first ever Boston show!!!

toggletoggle post by soloman nli at Feb 21,2006 9:03pm
wait, so taste of cigarettes rapes chicks?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Feb 21,2006 9:07pm
that link no worky.
and if I got punched just once I would be DEAD!

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Feb 21,2006 9:14pm
the_reverend said:
that link no worky.
and if I got punched just once I would be DEAD!

why?

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Feb 22,2006 9:01am
soloman nli said:

Yes.

toggletoggle post by SPALDINO at Feb 22,2006 9:59am
chicks deserve to be raped and Benumb is fucking pissed.

toggletoggle post by soloman   at Feb 22,2006 10:07am
ha ha.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 22,2006 10:08am
Josh_Martin said:
soloman nli said:
wait, so Josh Martin rapes chicks?

Yes.

nice.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Feb 22,2006 10:26am
soloman nli said:

incorrect. It's just something Josh Mart, Alex Onslaught, and butt buddies they have that clearly can't think for themselves say whenever they want to take the focus off of them or anything involving them

for instace (real life situations):

Me: I don't like watchmaker because of the gauntlets and stage antics from the singer
Alex Onslaught : At least he doesn't rape chicks!

Me: The singer of Benumb writes lyrics that are anti-government and against destorying other cultures. He admitted to being hypocritical in an article in Resound magazine, but avoided an explanation. I'd like to hear his explanation.
Josh Martin: He doesn't rape chicks!

Me: Ben Sisto has elitist, exploitative business practices, but is also a smart business man that has done a lot for underground indie music in boston.
Ben: You rape chicks, so your opinion doesn't count.

You remember Jr High, right?

toggletoggle post by Shock and revulsion at Feb 22,2006 10:49am

Wait, is that where you are finding your victims these days?

toggletoggle post by soloman   at Feb 22,2006 12:00pm
so you don't rape chicks. thats good. ever give it a whirl?

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Feb 22,2006 3:32pm
soloman nli said:

incorrect. It's just something Josh Mart, Alex Onslaught, and butt buddies they have that clearly can't think for themselves say whenever they want to take the focus off of them or anything involving them

for instace (real life situations):

Me: I don't like watchmaker because of the gauntlets and stage antics from the singer
Alex Onslaught : At least he doesn't rape chicks!

Me: The singer of Benumb writes lyrics that are anti-government and against destorying other cultures. He admitted to being hypocritical in an article in Resound magazine, but avoided an explanation. I'd like to hear his explanation.
Josh Martin: He doesn't rape chicks!

Me: Ben Sisto has elitist, exploitative business practices, but is also a smart business man that has done a lot for underground indie music in boston.
Ben: You rape chicks, so your opinion doesn't count.

So everyone agrees. You rape chicks.

toggletoggle post by horror_tang NLI at Feb 22,2006 3:44pm
It's not rape if you say I love you. It's only sexual assault.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Feb 22,2006 4:17pm
That's the most important thing anyone can take from all of this.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type $#1!, get hit
[default homepage] [print][4:07:00pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.06957 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]