New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> New Dimmu Borgir "Storm Blast" by Ryan_M on Feb 8,2006 11:19pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Feb 8,2006 11:19pm
has anyone checked this out yet? if so, what do you think? is it worth paying newbie's marked-down price of 10 bucks to hear it? because whether it's good or bad, it must certainly be interesting.
i stood there and looked at it for about 5 minutes before deciding to hold off and save my money.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Feb 8,2006 11:49pm
What, it's just their old album "Stormblast" re-recorded. Did you like the original and want to hear it with more modern production? If so, get it.

toggletoggle post by SeedBassist at Feb 8,2006 11:50pm
I've heard reports that while the sound quality is indeed better than the original. The attitude and energy just doesnt hold up to the original. I'll probably download it at some point jsut to check it out

toggletoggle post by infoterror  at Feb 8,2006 11:52pm
Did they take out the plagiarized keyboard tracks? Forget it, then ;)

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Feb 9,2006 12:59am
I still stand by my fuck you to this album in both forms and this band.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 9,2006 7:49am
demon burger?

toggletoggle post by MetalcoreSUCKS at Feb 9,2006 8:07am
Dimmu BOOGA SUCK!!!

toggletoggle post by SeedBassist at Feb 9,2006 10:20am
I prefer "dummy booger"

toggletoggle post by DJ Death at Feb 9,2006 10:23am
"gimme morebeer"

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 9,2006 10:29am
you can look at it different ways. in terms of it being a new Dimmu release to listen to, it is awesome. they are Dimmu, they never disappoint. however in regards to it being Stormblast, it varies. the production is great, it isnt overdone by any means. it doesnt capture the intensity of the original, but it is awesome in its own aspects. most of the vocals are done by Silenoz so it has an older raw feel to it. alot of the songs are different, mostly due to keys being replaced with guitar harmonies. it is awesome, fuck what any dumbass says about it "sucking" because they arent "true" black metal. they fucking rule, they continue to forge their own path. there is a new song on it, i am not sure if it was originally stricken from the first release of Stormblast, but either way its killer. i hope this is the direction they are moving for the new cd, as it was much more black metal than epic. Hellhammer is great, he added blast beats which arent in the original. overall i give it an 8.5, strongly recommended for the Dimmu fan, the rest of you can eat shit. if you dont like it, you are either fake or deaf.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Feb 9,2006 10:31am
and they removed the original Sorgens Kammer, as it was plagarized.

toggletoggle post by DJ Death at Feb 9,2006 10:34am
I actually love the first two borgir albums, and even death cult armageddon. Everything in between is purely business metal. Puke.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Feb 9,2006 11:14am
fuck demon burger, listen to nokturnal mortum instead.

toggletoggle post by tomx nli at Feb 9,2006 4:58pm
fuck nokturnal mortum. listen to ragnarok, tsjuder and garwall instead.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Feb 9,2006 6:08pm
Dimmu Borgir could adhere to whatever trend would make them the"truest" band on the planet this week and this album would still suck.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Feb 15,2006 5:03pm
it's not that bad at all. though i already hate myself for having the original in my hand along with this one...i wish i had an extra 5 bucks!

toggletoggle post by ChaoticSpasm  at Feb 21,2006 1:25am
Dimmu Borgir is in the top five for me and without a doubt I will check this out.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Plagued Tragic Chaos
[default homepage] [print][5:47:18am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.03533 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]