New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Nocturnus/Confessor by oldschool on Jan 23,2006 11:12am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by oldschool at Jan 23,2006 11:12am
anyone remember Nocturnus and Confessor? I thought someone posted a live bootleg vid of some 1992 concert in England with these two bands playing but i can't recall what website its on.

Both of these bands were pretty innovative back in the day.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Jan 23,2006 11:20am
I don't know Confessor but Nocturnus is the shit.

toggletoggle post by VoidExpression  at Jan 23,2006 11:21am
Confessor is back together and just put out a new album.

toggletoggle post by oldschool at Jan 23,2006 11:39am
confessor is well, vocals are a bit strange to my ears. But if you are a drummer you gotta hear this guy play. He has that crazy snare / cymbal catch with one hand trick! they aren't technial in the guitar parts but rhythms its like extreamly complex. drumming is so complex you'll faint at trying to tap your foot to the beat!

Nocturnus was decent but the out of hand solos get old after a while. i give them credit though. "The Key" was a breakthrough album. I enjoyed it for a while until the bad production and bad drumming / vocals got to me.

toggletoggle post by the other Anthony Nlie at Jan 23,2006 2:45pm
I dont know Nocturnus, but confessor is the shit

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 23,2006 3:36pm
THE KEY is a fantastic album...

Christraper and I had the pleasure of crashing at Mike Brownings house in Fla on tour...he's got an incredible place!

toggletoggle post by oldschool at Jan 25,2006 10:22am
wow, that is cool! what does Mike Browning do nowadays? Its funny to see the guys in like Defiance working in corporate america. I think i read an interview about one of the guitarists works in NYC now as a business analyst whatever that is. the bassist works at Apple Computer in Cali its kinda funny.

Youtube.com is where that video was. i can't find it anymore. the drummer of Confessor is some kind of jazz drummer. he plays on a jazz kit and was in a jazz band. the video showed that guy play drums to Condemed and if anyone out there plays drums seek the bootleg vid out, the guy plays drums like he's got three arms! incredible. he is noted as the drummer of a band called Masada?! no idea what that is.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jan 25,2006 10:31am
Confessor is AMAZING! I had a Confessor Appreciation thread earlier, and noone posted in there...

toggletoggle post by Wacko at Jan 25,2006 10:36am
Well Confessor only appealed to musicians. Drummers loved Confessor and that's all i ever heard. They are math metal or shall i say extreamly mathamatical when it comes to rhythms. its too complex and it turns a lot of people off. good luck trying to tap your feet to any song on Condemed!

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jan 25,2006 11:45am
Big Nocturnus fan here.

toggletoggle post by SuperFly at Jan 25,2006 11:49am
CONFESSOR is playing the Emissions fest in ohio on may 27.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jan 25,2006 12:20pm
i fucking love confessor!!!! always have always will!!!!!

god damn do they rock!

toggletoggle post by Wacko at Jan 25,2006 12:32pm
Nocturnus is decent. I mean the only CDs I've heard were The Key and Thresholds. I found the guitar solos too much, like stuffing a ton of notes into a few seconds. vocals i thought were horrible and drum work wasn't that good either BUT i did enjoy The Key. Lake of Fire is awesome! BC/AD is good also but after a while it gets blurred

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Vomitous Stoned Bloodhunt
[default homepage] [print][7:09:14pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.01403 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]