New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> best beer bar ever by anomalouscynosure on Jan 22,2006 10:13am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by anomalouscynosure at Jan 22,2006 10:13am
the sunset bar and grill in boston may just be the best beer bar i've ever been to. there is like 100 beers on tap and none of them are crap. I got a Half Yard (and its really that big) of seadog blueberry (with floating berries) and kris got a whole damn yard. he had to place it on the floor to drink it. Beat That.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 22,2006 10:15am
it's one of my favorite bars. great place.

toggletoggle post by DJ Death at Jan 22,2006 10:38am
Kinslayer of Horn of Valere has introduced me to this bar. I hate bars and the atmosphere but this Sunset in boston cant be denied. The beers and ales and bocks there are worth the trip. A yard of Beer??? ha!

toggletoggle post by scoracrasia   at Jan 22,2006 10:44am
I used to work at the Roadkill Cafe' and they had 1/2 yard and yard beers. They ruled. I got polluted after work on those almost every night. Good times. And yup, the yard ones you have to set on the floor.

toggletoggle post by silentnitefever  at Jan 22,2006 10:44am
Are all the taps just lined up in a row? 100 taps must take up a shitload of space.

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jan 22,2006 11:29am
sounds pretty cool, but I stick to the half Door, an Irish bar in hartford.

toggletoggle post by ryanfromhbbsi at Jan 22,2006 12:44pm
guess i should check this out next time we're up in boston

toggletoggle post by Hungta'Bleed at Jan 22,2006 12:51pm
It's on. I'm going there today.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 22,2006 3:31pm
Penuches in Nashua!!!!

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Jan 22,2006 5:55pm
anonymous said:
Penuches in Nashua!!!!

There is one in Concord too..Great beer selection, but it is a yuppie hangout pretty much

toggletoggle post by CNV at Jan 22,2006 5:59pm
always wanted to open a bar called the Beer Hall of Archetypes and fill it with all kinds of bizarre occult and obscure imagery

all the bars in this area are boring

toggletoggle post by CNV at Jan 22,2006 6:00pm
actually I take that back

The Coat of Arms in portsmouth is kinda cool

toggletoggle post by anomalouscynosure at Jan 22,2006 6:03pm
silentnitefever said:
Are all the taps just lined up in a row? 100 taps must take up a shitload of space.

yup. most of them are just lined right up against the wall behind the bar tender. it looks really cool. When they are all done with the taps they put them on really high shelves all over the restaurant.

toggletoggle post by BMR DRUMS at Jan 22,2006 6:15pm
As we promised we just got back from this joint. fuckin incredible beer selection, it would take a long fucking time and a lot of determintation to try every beer on the menu, but I'm up for the task. Fuck what else does a 21 year old kid have to do these days? I highly recommend this shit, next time we play O'Briens I'm walking to this place before and after.

toggletoggle post by hungta‘Bleed at Jan 22,2006 6:19pm
Hungta‘Bleed said:
It's on. I'm going there today.

Done. I am a fan for life...

toggletoggle post by anomalouscynosure at Jan 22,2006 6:21pm edited Jan 22,2006 6:22pm
hey bmr, i'll join you for the beer, then the show, then more beer. sounds fantastic.

toggletoggle post by mike............ at Jan 22,2006 6:45pm
if anyone is ever in washington dc go to the Brickskeller. it has over 1000 diffrent kinds of bottled beer and a changing list of specialty beers on tap. it has the guinness world record for most bottled beers. its a great place to chill out with friends. its on 22 st between p and q. everyone should check it out if theyre in dc.

toggletoggle post by ichabod  at Jan 22,2006 7:25pm
Um, the Sunset is ok....been there for years. But they only sell beer OTHER vendors create...do everyone, yourselves and your community, a favor and support the local joints that brew their own beer, damnit! Some suggestions? The Tap in Haverhill, Salem Beer Works in Salem, MA (or any of the chain for that matter, Scott in Salem and Jody in Kenmore rule!), the Brewery Exchange in Lowell (new home of Concord ale), shit I could go on and on....

toggletoggle post by BlackoutRick at Jan 22,2006 8:26pm
The Old Worthen House in Lowell. The Worthless!!!

toggletoggle post by BMR at Jan 22,2006 9:49pm
Everything in Lowell is worthless, especially every shitty bar in that city, fuck that place. I'm glad we found out about this place, looks like I'll be spending much more time in Allston that shitty bars in Lowell

toggletoggle post by Hungta'Bleed at Jan 22,2006 10:29pm
Nothing in that Aids factory called Lowell could ever even compare. period.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jan 23,2006 6:35pm
ichabod said:
Um, the Sunset is ok....been there for years. But they only sell beer OTHER vendors create...do everyone, yourselves and your community, a favor and support the local joints that brew their own beer, damnit! Some suggestions? The Tap in Haverhill, Salem Beer Works in Salem, MA (or any of the chain for that matter, Scott in Salem and Jody in Kenmore rule!), the Brewery Exchange in Lowell (new home of Concord ale), shit I could go on and on....

watch city brewery in waltham

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Jan 23,2006 7:24pm
Milly's in Manchvegas has some killer beer on tap that they brew..The Oatmeal Stout is amazing...Move over Guiness

toggletoggle post by ichabod  at Jan 24,2006 8:04am
Dreadkill and dwellinginsickness know their stuff....watch city and Milly's are both great Beer Joints; Martha's Exchange in Nashua is another one that brews good beer. If you can just get past the yuppie hangout aspect of it....Hey, I'll climb over mountains for great homemade beer, so fuck the jockos and yuppies if they get in our way!

toggletoggle post by DJ Death at Jan 24,2006 4:48pm
Oh yeah, the Tap, in Haverhill MA is great. Some weird home-made ales are there...

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 25,2006 9:48am
the british beer company in pembroke mass.

toggletoggle post by Egon at Jan 25,2006 10:05am
Sunset is great. One of my favorite bars, the food is top-notch as well.
Also, check out the Publick House in Allston. Not as many beers but the selection is great.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][5:32:19pm Apr 23,2024
load time 0.02345 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]