Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> randi.org by Yeti on Jan 18,2006 1:23pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Yeti at Jan 18,2006 1:23pm
anyone go to this site? its fucking brilliant. i recommend it if you are a skeptic, or are just interested in other viewpoints. i read this great rant about how absurd the concept of god is:

Try watching a sunset, listening to Mozart, or holding a baby in your arms; those aren’t miracles, either, but they sure out-class what you accepted. Your “God” made the mine shaft fall in, “He” suffocated twelve miners, and then – just to be capricious – “He” let one live, yet you see no defect in “His” decision? “God” even decided to give the survivor some brain damage, maybe as a little joke. Hey, “He” sure is a fun guy, isn’t “He”?

Can I rightly accuse your God of all this? Yes, I can. You see, I looked him up on Google. He’s omniscient – that means he knows everything. He’s omnipotent – so he can do anything. He’s all-merciful, forgiving, and loving, too. He controls everything: remember that falling sparrow? Well, do you suppose – if you thought about it at all – that God decided to carry out the West Virginia disaster – as well as the recent disastrous tsunami, murderous earthquakes in Guatemala and Pakistan, and bombings in Iraq – just for fun? Your merciful, caring deity sent hundreds of thousands of innocent people, many of them children, to their deaths! During the Holocaust, he heard the prayers of other millions, yet he allowed the poison gas to be released. This is your God?

When is the religious population of this Earth going to start figuring out that they haven’t got invisible friends living in the sky or under the ground who do these things?

Let’s grow up, shall we?

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Jan 18,2006 1:28pm
preach on brotha man

toggletoggle post by DJ Death at Jan 18,2006 2:05pm
Tsunami- Wonderful, Catrina- Wonderful, the next fine choice on the menu sir is total nuclear holocaust. Black people sure like carrying cases of beer in sewer water.

toggletoggle post by hunterhunter   at Jan 19,2006 12:38am
i think christians believe that man disobeyed the word of god, and thus were banished from his sanctity and able to be harmed or something

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][2:22:37pm Apr 19,2024
load time 0.00866 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]