New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Roll call for Sodom show tomorow night by ndeath on Jan 6,2006 1:55pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ndeath at Jan 6,2006 1:55pm
Allright whos gonna be at the Sodom show tomorow night in Poughkeepsie? I'll be there with Eric from CSDO.We're staying at the Econo Lodge in Poughkeepsie also.

WITCHING METAL!!!!

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jan 6,2006 1:55pm

I'll be there with motherfuckin bells on

toggletoggle post by ndeath at Jan 6,2006 1:56pm
TOMBSTONE!!!!!

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Jan 6,2006 2:10pm
Present.

toggletoggle post by ndeath at Jan 6,2006 2:11pm
I wonder how many people will show up at the Chance.Im guessing 200-250

toggletoggle post by ndeath at Jan 6,2006 3:00pm
Tomorow at this time I'll be on my way to Poughkeepsie.Cant fucking wait!!!!!!

TIL DEATH DO US UNITE!!!!!

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jan 6,2006 3:23pm
I won't be there. Have fun without me.

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at Jan 6,2006 3:49pm
Count me in.

toggletoggle post by pessimist nli at Jan 6,2006 4:12pm
me, johnny h, josh, and alex onslaught are going and driving home right after...

toggletoggle post by Back in The Day at Jan 6,2006 4:15pm
someone better get some pics and review the show!!!!

if they play enchanted land, someone start up an old school washing machine pit at the mosh riff!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 6,2006 4:20pm
you are all on my shit lists.
I didn't plan ahead to get photopasses so I'm not going.

toggletoggle post by HOSER NLI at Jan 6,2006 4:23pm
the_reverend said:
you are all on my shit lists.
I didn't plan ahead to get photopasses so I'm not going.

So go see fucking HCN!!!!

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jan 6,2006 5:08pm
I've never been to the chance. Do you guys expect it to sell out? how many people does it hold? I'm just wondering because I might want to reserve my tickets so I don't drive all the way out there and find out it's sold out.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jan 6,2006 5:13pm
i've talked to a few people about it and most are saying it's 500 or so, but i guess they have a crazy set up there, lots of balconys and whatnot. i'd definately get a ticket if i was you. ticketmaster emails them to you for a fee, but it's pretty sweet.

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at Jan 6,2006 6:39pm
Josh, you gonna be there tomorrow night?

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Jan 6,2006 7:06pm
I'm goin.

toggletoggle post by CNV at Jan 6,2006 9:48pm
I might go

toggletoggle post by CANDY STRIPER DEATH ORGY at Jan 7,2006 2:47am
The Chance holds a little over 800 people.......... We'll be there early. We're going to look around and see if we can get some local pussy

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jan 7,2006 4:16am edited Jan 7,2006 4:17am
Kinslayer said:
Josh, you gonna be there tomorrow night?

yeah man! i believe eric and megan will be there as well.

toggletoggle post by ndeath at Jan 7,2006 8:41am
davefromthegrave said:
I've never been to the chance. Do you guys expect it to sell out? how many people does it hold? I'm just wondering because I might want to reserve my tickets so I don't drive all the way out there and find out it's sold out.

Its not gonna sell out.Now shows sell out unless its SLayer.Sodom arnt to popular here in the states.Just get tix at the door.

LEAD INJECTION!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at Jan 7,2006 10:21am
Christraper: call me at work if you need to... 617-738-5958

toggletoggle post by ndeath at Jan 7,2006 11:01am
MY ATONEMENT!!!!!

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jan 7,2006 2:32pm
leaving for chelmsford now, see you fuckers on the dark side.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 7,2006 11:05pm
shit i wonder how it is!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 7,2006 11:09pm
all of you have made it to the shit list.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 8,2006 10:07am
HOW WAS THE SHOW!?

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jan 8,2006 4:01pm
Amazing show, I still beat from it.

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at Jan 8,2006 4:13pm
Sodom played a great set!

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at Jan 8,2006 4:59pm
Some highlights...:
Outbreak of Evil
Witching Metal
Agent Orange
Christ Passion
Nuclear Winter
Remember the Fallen
Ace of Spades!

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jan 8,2006 5:02pm
alex has a copy of setlist....

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 8,2006 5:49pm
shit nuclear winter and christ passion!?!?!?! fuck! i hope you guys cracked some skulls!

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Jan 8,2006 6:05pm
the show fucking ruled! I wish I could be going to the NYC one tonight

I got the shirt that says witching metal on the front, and 1982-2002 on the back

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jan 8,2006 6:21pm
I was shocked they didn't play Sodomy and Lust.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jan 8,2006 7:15pm edited Jan 8,2006 7:15pm
I'll be the first to say I'm ready to go back to Poughkeepsie ala the Chance. That place is everything the palladium wants to be. Imagine a venue like the downstairs palladium, but smaller and older with much more character (stain glass windows, fancy pillars etc), $4 BEERS!! Molson Ice/Guinness = $4 OMFG!!, they have re-entry, along with tons of college whores walking around after the show is over, and the sound is really really really good there.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Jan 8,2006 7:51pm
and theres plenty of corners to hide and do drugs

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jan 8,2006 7:54pm
Christraper said:
and theres plenty of corners to hide and do drugs

*high five*

toggletoggle post by BestialOnslaught  at Jan 8,2006 8:20pm
That fuckin ruled.

toggletoggle post by ndeath at Jan 8,2006 8:57pm
Just got back from NY 3 hours ago.Sodom fucking ruled last night.Heres a BIG 2 thumbs down for Fintroll though.

THEY

SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Jan 8,2006 9:15pm
This show fucking owned.

FINNTROLL FUCKING RULED! Don't listen to him. They were so fucking great.

SODOM. oh fuck yeah. FUCK, YEAH. They fucking did Ace of Spades. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK! So awesome.

I had a fucking awesome night. Thanks for the beers, Jay!

toggletoggle post by ndeath at Jan 8,2006 9:25pm
Fintroll BLOW!!!! Hey Pam,how ya doin?

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Jan 8,2006 9:29pm
I've been better, came home to find out my kitty ran away. I'm sad.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 8,2006 9:38pm
fuck i'm jealous, i wish there is a vid!!!

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jan 9,2006 12:40am
Did anyone else notice that Poughkeepsie is a complete shithole?

toggletoggle post by CANDY STRIPER DEATH ORGY at Jan 9,2006 1:23am
SODOM totally ruled!! Plus, the guys were wicked cool too!! We hung out and talked to Bobby for a little while.........

I didn't care for Fintroll..... It's not my thing.....

toggletoggle post by BestialOnslaught  at Jan 9,2006 3:41am
davefromthegrave said:
Did anyone else notice that Poughkeepsie is a complete shithole?

Hahaha ooooh yes. Reminded me of Lawrence, MA or something like that.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 9,2006 7:46am
lawrence sucks.
oh well, off to work.. which is right next to lawrence.

toggletoggle post by pessimist nli at Jan 9,2006 11:15am
THE SAW IS THE LAW!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by Back in The Day at Jan 10,2006 9:08am
nobody has pics???? how were the pits?

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Jan 10,2006 9:39am
pam nli said:
I had a fucking awesome night. Thanks for the beers, Jay!

Werd.

toggletoggle post by nethereal at Jan 12,2006 11:23am
the pit was pretty nonexist unfortunately, the floor area was reallly small, and the security were dicks. Well, except for the huge black guy bobbing his head to the music like it was rap or hip-hop. both finntroll and sodom ruled, their music and live shows are verrry different, but if you weren't a close minded 80s thrash fan, or ignorant neo-metal kid, you should have enjoyed both a fucking lot, its a real treat. The venue is small, but I wouldnt call it a shithole, because it is a lot nicer (at least the inside) than a lot of other clubs/theaters like it. playing before finntroll was not only our biggest show, but was like a dream come true. and I personally thought the band before us was funny as hell, if not only for how pissed of they got the audience, hehe.

toggletoggle post by ndeath at Jan 12,2006 12:01pm
Fintroll SUCK!!!!! And I enjoy being close minded.Their not the type of Metal band that should be opening for the mighty Sodom.

THE VICE OF KILLING!!!!!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jan 12,2006 12:03pm
I guess fintroll sold $10,000 in merch in one night. That's almost unheard of these days. They gotta be doing something right.

toggletoggle post by wacko at Jan 12,2006 12:11pm
fintroll never heard of them. but sodom, i shocked no pits. i remember seeing old late 80's videos and seeing huge pits for Christ Passion! that's a shame.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Jan 12,2006 12:21pm
"open minded" = "I like a lot of gay stuff"

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jan 12,2006 1:04pm
nethereal said:
the pit was pretty nonexist unfortunately, the floor area was reallly small, and the security were dicks. Well, except for the huge black guy bobbing his head to the music like it was rap or hip-hop. both finntroll and sodom ruled, their music and live shows are verrry different, but if you weren't a close minded 80s thrash fan, or ignorant neo-metal kid, you should have enjoyed both a fucking lot, its a real treat. The venue is small, but I wouldnt call it a shithole, because it is a lot nicer (at least the inside) than a lot of other clubs/theaters like it. playing before finntroll was not only our biggest show, but was like a dream come true. and I personally thought the band before us was funny as hell, if not only for how pissed of they got the audience, hehe.

I'm pretty sure they said Poughkeepsie was a shithole, not the venue, less I missed something. I thought the venue was cool. I like the size, not too small, not too big.

I wouldn't bother arguing with people that only listen to one type of metal, it's a waste of time. Both Sodom and Finntroll fucking killed. I never thought I'd see either live, so this was fucking unreal for me.

And the band before you was a fucking disgrace, and by supporting them you are only fueling the problem. You want to be a joke band, fine. You want to blatently rip off GWAR, fine. But there are a thousand bands that were more deserving of that opening slot. I am very disappointed that Finntroll did not come out and beat them all with clubs. The club were being dicks to them because they were acting like belligerent idiots.

Aside from them I heard you guys were awesome, unfortuately after that first band I had no hope for you guys to be any good so I hit the car-bar.

toggletoggle post by ndeath at Jan 12,2006 1:09pm
Hey Pam.CSDO should have been on this bill

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jan 12,2006 4:04pm
That would have worked!

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jan 12,2006 5:05pm
pam said:
The club were being dicks to them because they were acting like belligerent idiots.

I talked to them afterwards and they said the manager of the venue decided about halfway through their set that they would never play there ever again.

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jan 12,2006 5:23pm
RustedAngel said:
I guess fintroll sold $10,000 in merch in one night. That's almost unheard of these days. They gotta be doing something right.

where did you hear that?

toggletoggle post by nethereal at Jan 12,2006 6:51pm
holy shit, thats a lot of money for merch... how many people could have been there? if that is true, that is awesome. And, I do think apocalytic youth aren't funny at a serious gig like this one, and for more than 5 minutes, but they still sold 50 tickets to the show, and you cant tell me shittier SERIOUS bands havent played that stage before. And as far as bands more deserving of the slot: that is the chances fault, and the fault of the bands who would want to play the show for not contacting the chance. It wasn't that hard for us to get that gig, and at this point we are still practically nobodies. I am sure all of you would play that show if you had the chance, regardless of talent or whatever. The chance only cared about ticket sales, which both us and ay promised and fufilled them with. Trust me, they would have not given a shit if a serious band just as musically shitty as ay came and played with 5 members and none of those props, as long as they sold them tickets. And actually, the first band was a short-notice substitute for the real band that was supossed to play, but unfortunately lost their drummer a few weeks before the show. However, the leader of that band didn't want to cancel, (who wants to miss opening for finntroll/sodom), so he pulled out his joke band instead. here is the band you would have heard: http://www.myspace.com/mortuusferox

chow

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Jan 12,2006 7:16pm
Any at the NY show. Did I miss a thread about the NY show?

toggletoggle post by cdan nli at Jan 12,2006 10:11pm

Finntroll is fucking amazing, i'm pissed i missed this. fuck sodom.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 12,2006 10:34pm
this is about the poughkeepsie ny show

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jan 12,2006 11:05pm edited Jan 13,2006 5:41am
edit: might as well not be a dick

toggletoggle post by pam   at Jan 12,2006 11:40pm
davefromthegrave said:
pam said:
The club were being dicks to them because they were acting like belligerent idiots.

I talked to them afterwards and they said the manager of the venue decided about halfway through their set that they would never play there ever again.

I decided that about 30 seconds into that cow and her fat rolls hopping around the stage lookin like a bunk ass marilyn manson.

toggletoggle post by nethereal at Jan 13,2006 4:45am
I think anonymous was replying to the kalmah guys post asking if this was "the new york show"...

and that chick in ay maybe be busted, and maybe be a huge whore, but I wouldn't say she is fat

toggletoggle post by nethereal at Jan 13,2006 4:48am
oh and I am guessing there are no pictures taken for this show right? that was my whole reasoning coming to this site.

toggletoggle post by ndeath at Jan 13,2006 7:43am
cdan nli said:

Finntroll is fucking amazing, i'm pissed i missed this. fuck sodom.

Sucktroll is far from amazing u poser!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jan 13,2006 3:49pm edited Jan 13,2006 3:51pm
davefromthegrave said:
RustedAngel said:

where did you hear that?

bump. I wanna know if this is true or what? I mean, did you hear it from a credible source?

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 13,2006 11:38pm
yes i wanna know

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at Jan 14,2006 3:18am
Alex, didn't you take cell phone pictures? I saw tons being taken...

POST EM IF YOU GOT EM!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Nocturnal Vamperotic Regurgitation
[default homepage] [print][6:16:56pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.18427 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]