New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Bethlehem. by davefromthegrave on Jan 6,2006 2:20am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jan 6,2006 2:20am
this band released, in my opinion, one of the greatest black metal albums ever created. it was called Dictius Te Necare, roughly translated from Latin to mean "You Must Kill Yourself." The vocals on this album, coupled with great production, did something that no other black metal album has done for me. they conveyed the raw emotion of someone fed up with the world. while the typical black metal band was composed of a few nerds screeching in monotone about killing christians or something else they'd never done, Bethlehem's vocalist gave the listener a connection to the agonized individual. The music leaps back and forth from insane banshee-like wails over intense guitar-driven jams, directly and without transition to soft, almost lullaby dirges with the pallor of a funeral. this is the soundtrack to the moods of a manic-depressive.

Bethlehem was the band that got me through high school. While all my friends were fawning over Korn and Limp bizkit, I was struggling to find the appeal of that watered-down shit. Since i listened to music made by people who had literally no reason to live, I found myself bored with the angst of middle-class suburban white kids.

so yeah, Bethlehem released two exceptional albums, namely Dictius Te necare, and S.U.I.Z.I.D, before their vocalist left the band to pursue the rest of his life and they started churning out ambient crap and shit that attempted to sound like their good albums.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jan 6,2006 2:26am
One of my favorite CDs ever, period. I listened to it last week.

The vocalist Rainer is in a killer, brutal, technical Death Metal band called PAVOR. Find both of their CDs for sure.

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jan 6,2006 2:48am
AUTOPSY_666 said:
One of my favorite CDs ever, period. I listened to it last week.

The vocalist Rainer is in a killer, brutal, technical Death Metal band called PAVOR. Find both of their CDs for sure.

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU.

one of the only things I'm interested in musically has been finding what this guy has been doing with himself.

toggletoggle post by todayistheday  at Jan 6,2006 3:05am
way to much thought

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Jan 6,2006 3:55am

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at Jan 6,2006 8:59am
Yes, he is one of the most manical sounding vocalists ever...and the singing being in German doesnt help! He's up there with Thomas of Forgotten Woods and the dude from Silencer...

I only own Dictus and Dark Metal...I've never heard SUIZID...

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at Jan 6,2006 9:00am
Chris Traper does a great impression of him by the way...

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Jan 6,2006 9:02am
HHHHUUUUUuuUuUuuuUuUUUuuuUUunnnnghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 6,2006 9:03am
didn'tthy have a song on the gummo cd?

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Jan 6,2006 9:04am
the_reverend said:

yep

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jan 6,2006 9:44am
I liked SUIZID the most, something about the tone and the little guitar leads. However, the first two records are definitely extremely dark and enjoyable.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Jan 6,2006 11:15am
would anyone with a copy of SUIZID be interested in burning a copy for me; i have a friend who's been trying to find that album for a while.
if you want to, e-mail me and i can send you a list of CDs i have if you want to trade for it. thanks!

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Jan 6,2006 12:35pm
vocals in German sound so fucking evil

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jan 6,2006 12:41pm
the_reverend said:

two. that's where i first heard them.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 6,2006 12:43pm
I had a CD, but I didn't play it much.
the gummo sound track made me go back and listen to it more.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jan 6,2006 12:47pm
Bethlehem is so fucking good.

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jan 7,2006 6:04am
bump for more exposure for this awesome fucking band

toggletoggle post by Troll at Jan 7,2006 1:44pm
as longs as I'm alive and miserable
Bethlehem will have a place in my heart.

toggletoggle post by CNV at Jan 7,2006 2:16pm
If you like Bethlehem check out these motherfuckers

http://www.crionicmind.org/bindrune/pages/misery_body.html

toggletoggle post by DaveFromTheGrave  at Sep 13,2007 3:30am
Holy shit, when did I forget how to write?

History repeats itself. Some of us try to tell ourselves that we have a future, and we do everything we can to make it better, but in the end we're the same people who we were when we started out, and we need to fall back on the same old comforts. that's why I'm listening to Bethlehem right now.

It's hard to find anyone who can appreciate this band, who has had a shitty enough life to be able to relate to the atmosphere created by their banshee wails and abrupt transitions. Few have the vision to understand what went into making this music, because the majority of people sit in a miasma of confident mediocrity, satisfied with being just another nobody.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 13,2007 5:42am
heh. great band.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 13,2007 5:56am
I have their first 3 CDs in stock.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Sep 13,2007 10:38am
hmm....they are not a band i am familiar with. damn you RTTP! now i have to buy more cds.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Branded Ancient Salvation
[default homepage] [print][9:16:39am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01462 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]