New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Peter Wichers is out of Soilwork by SeedBassist on Dec 11,2005 6:25pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by SeedBassist at Dec 11,2005 6:25pm
I know the last Soilwork album wasnt great, but this still sucks. This guy has been in the band from the begginning, and wrote most of the stuff.

From Blabbermouth.net:

Guitarist Peter Wichers has left Sweden's SOILWORK. His official statement on the matter reads as follows:

"I have decided to part ways with SOILWORK.

"This has been one of my hardest decisions to make, and SOILWORK has not only been my band but my second family and very good friends for almost 10 years.

"I'm just worn out from all the touring and I have reached a point in my life where touring is just not possible for me anymore. I need a break from the touring so that I can actually begin to build a more solid ground to stand on for the future.

"I have on this journey met so many amazing people, made so many new friends, played in front of thousands of people, and I got to travel to places I have always dreamt of visiting.

"SOILWORK has reached a level I never thought was possible, and I am so proud to have been a part of this amazing band experience and working alongside with such amazing people like I have.

"I know that in order for SOILWORK to reach a new level there has to be even more touring done, and I feel as if its only fair that someone else therefore fills my spot now instead of later.

"I have decided to continue with my second passion in life, which is music production & recording, and in order to achieve this goal I need to put all my time and energy into this.

"SOILWORK and me will remain great friends and I wish them all the success in the future. I also wish to extend a gigantic 'THANK YOU' to all the fans, the label, friends & bands and magazines for the great support and encouragement. I can also say that this is not the end for me in music, but the beginning of something new!"

In other news, drummer Dirk Verbeuren — who played on the band's most recent CD, "Stabbing the Drama", and has been touring with the group as a session drummer — has announced the he will be joining SOILWORK as a permanent member of the group. His statement follows:

"It has been almost two years since Peter first gave me a call offering me to join SOILWORK for their first headlining tour in Europe.

"Many tours and one album later, I feel like a part of the family. Be it on a human or musical level, everything has clicked perfectly since day one, and it has been a truly mindblowing experience. Therefore I am very happy to announce my becoming SOILWORK's official full-time drummer!

"As some of you may already know, I also play in my own band SCARVE, and I will keep on doing so. Schedules will probably be hectic at times, but SCARVE will keep on writing music and touring as much as possible.

"It's a time of many changes, but the future is ours and SOILWORK has many more things to offer. We are all very confident about what lies ahead, and we WILL kick your asses!!!"

Commented SOILWORK vocalist Björn "Speed" Strid:

"Peter's decision came of course as a shock to me and the other guys in the band. I want you to know that we really respect his decision and that we wish him all the luck in the future.

"His decision will not affect SOILWORK's touring, we will continue just as planned. A replacement will be announced in a month or so and i can assure you that we won't make you disappointed even though it's really hard replacing such an amazing musician and a loyal friend.

"I also want to take the time to welcome our amazing drummer and good friend Mr. Dirk Verbeuren on board. He´s been with us for almost two years as a session drummer and has now confirmed his permanent spot in the band.

"We will announce European tourdates in about 2 weeks. This will mainly contain dates in countries that we missed out on the previous headline tour. Tourdates for the U.S. will also be announced in a near future...

"At last, I wanna say that I'll forever treasure every single moment I shared with Peter and wish him all the best, you rock bro!!!"
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

Soilwork

toggletoggle post by Aegathis nli at Dec 11,2005 7:37pm
the keyboardist should leave and rejoin Evergrey

toggletoggle post by SeedBassist at Dec 11,2005 7:42pm
I would agree with that, but i absolutely love Rikard Zander's style and how it fits in Evergrey. But if he ever died or left: than yes, Sven should go back, seeing as he does next to nothing in soilwork. Pity that the keyboard are in the background for alot of the time.

toggletoggle post by Aegathis nli at Dec 11,2005 8:12pm
SeedBassist said:
seeing as he does next to nothing in soilwork. Pity that the keyboard are in the background for alot of the time.

Exactly thats what ive been saying , whats the use in them having a keyboardist when they only need one for the begining of close encounter which they never even play. His stuff on in Search of truth is awsome

toggletoggle post by SeedBassist at Dec 11,2005 8:22pm
What Evergrey should do, is have both Rikard and Sven. Seeing as they have alot of synth stuff going on in their songs (especially on Inner Circle). And sometime they could have one guy doing piano and another doing other stuff, kind of like what Shroud Of Bereavement does. Even have one guy do extra guitar parts that are on the albums, just arranged for keyboard. That way, we get perfect reproductions of the album parts and both amazing keyboard players.

toggletoggle post by SeedBassist at Dec 11,2005 8:23pm edited Dec 11,2005 8:26pm
Also, does anybody realize how much this can/will change their sound? Peter has been a main songwriter since the beginning

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 11,2005 8:34pm
yeah...but they were such a better band before...the last few albums have sounded like overproduced, radio influenced crap...the first 3 albums were great (and even Natural Born Chaos was ok).

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 11,2005 8:34pm
I'm sure it won't change their style, because they can pump out songs like that as long as people are buying

that's what I'm getting at

toggletoggle post by SeedBassist at Dec 11,2005 8:44pm
On the possible upside, maybe Peter was the one who wanted to go into the style they had tapped into with Figure Number 5 and Stabbing The Drama. So maybe they'll get better with the new album.

Sidenote: Who do you think the replacement will be for Peter? I think they should get Mattius Eklund, I know his style is alot different, but he's a great guitar player who's been on nearly every album of theirs.

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Dec 11,2005 9:05pm
BIG PILE OF NO CARE.

this band hasnt been good for about 4 albums now.

toggletoggle post by rigor penis at Dec 12,2005 12:44am
what's a matter they kicked him out because he wasn't gay enough

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 12,2005 12:49am
I heard korn's brian welch is interested.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Dec 12,2005 1:04am
meh

toggletoggle post by The Professor at Dec 18,2005 11:32pm
They should get in a guitarist with a ballsey sound so then can get back to playing good shit rather than the tripe of the last 5 years. Glenn Lungstrom the riff master should be considered.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 18,2005 11:35pm
Henry Ranta and Wichers were the best part of this band (at one point)

so...as Blue said:
BIG PILE OF NO CARE.

toggletoggle post by flameout13 at Dec 30,2005 6:52pm
fuck all of you faggots that have a problem with soilwork and ther last few albums!!!! you aint fuckin shit but a bunch of little bitches! die! die!die!

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Dec 31,2005 2:21am
ok.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 31,2005 1:09pm
flameout13 said:
fuck all of you faggots that have a problem with soilwork and ther last few albums!!!! you aint fuckin shit but a bunch of little bitches! die! die!die!

did you just discover soilwork last month and think they are so awesome so you have to tell us to die?

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Dec 31,2005 1:45pm
Soilwork was up there in my favorite bands a few years ago...I dunno, I just couldn't get as excited after NBC. They're one of those bands I tried so hard to stay behind even as their sound changed but I just couldn't do it. And they're gonna suck even more now without Witchers.

And Flameout, something tells me most of us were rocking Chainheart Machine while you were dribbling oatmeal on your bib. Fuck off.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Dec 31,2005 2:47pm
pam nli said:
Soilwork was up there in my favorite bands a few years ago...I dunno, I just couldn't get as excited after NBC. They're one of those bands I tried so hard to stay behind even as their sound changed but I just couldn't do it. And they're gonna suck even more now without Witchers.

And Flameout, something tells me most of us were rocking Chainheart Machine while you were dribbling oatmeal on your bib. Fuck off.

i definitely agree on this. i loved everything up through predator's portrait, and the next few albums after that i also enjoyed. i viewed it as them doing something a little different and finding their own sound. those guys were always good songwriters and good songwriters can pretty much do whatever they want, but i couldn't get behind the new album. there was nothing memorable about any of the songs. even the last few albums before it, as simple as the guitar work was, had some good memorable songs.

toggletoggle post by Jerry at Jan 11,2006 2:54am
I think the replacement is gonna be Per Nilsson (scar symmetry) or Mattias Eklundh.

toggletoggle post by Sinistas   at Jan 11,2006 6:34am
if it was Mattias, that would rule...nasty. unfortunately, I doubt the next album would be any better

toggletoggle post by Professor at Jan 26,2006 8:23pm
They need to get back to their roots and cut out the over produced, chorus orientated shit they've been doing. The first 2 albums are damn classics and made them what they are, so back to the big harsh guitar sound and use Sven Karlsson more productively coz his Evergrey work was awesome and any dickhead could play the recent Soilwork synth parts.

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Jan 26,2006 9:36pm
I think that's why I loved PP so much. It had the technicality of Chainheart and Steelbath, but it was also really catchy and different. Unfortuantely they tossed the roots and went running with the catchy, which I wouldn't mind had I never heard the first two albums.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 16,2006 12:03am
Where is Glenn Ljungstrom now anyway? Whenever he teams up with Stromblad (Dimension Zero) amazing things happen, and I think the old school In Flames sound left with him even though Bjorn has been in for a long time.

I wish he'd get another band going, as well as the guys from Gardenian getting back together.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:think...type...click
[default homepage] [print][3:36:15am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01321 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]