New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Enlargement of the mangina, no medication. by RustedAngel on Aug 14,2003 1:42pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Aug 14,2003 1:42pm
I'm sure everyone here is sick of getting SPAM. It is really getting out hand, they really need to do something similar to what they are doing with phone spammers.

I mean I want to say who is stupid enough to not know if something is spam or not. There are really idiots out there who open and click everything on their screen. Thats what these spammers rely on basically. Most of us can tell if its spam just by seeing the 'sender' or 'subject' and delete it right away. I remember a long time ago before it got out of control I use to do the 'unsubscribe' instruction at the bottom usually telling you to reply with unsubscribe in the subject but I found out the hard way that this lets them know that you are there and they spam you more. I sent so much profanity to these people, but I'm sure was only seen by a machine. gay.

Filters are usually sketchy to use because sometimes they filter out mail you want so you have to be extra cautious. Netscape Mail has always had a cool 'filters' feature which allows you to filter out certain words in subjects or sender names. NS7 has a junk mail feature which seems to work good so far, but also seems to be extra sensitive and thinks everything is junk. We gotta torch these guys.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Aug 15,2003 9:05am
oh yeah, i forgot that no one else gets spammed.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 15,2003 9:37am
my work e-mail is unuseable I get so much spam.
my other accounts get some, but not as much.

currently, spam accounts for 1/2 the e-mails on the net.
that's bullshit.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Aug 15,2003 9:45am edited Aug 15,2003 9:46am
dod just got a new web server and mail server, so some changes were made and I stopped everything @shownomercy.com from being forewarded to my @dod.net address thinking that it would reduce the spam. It did significantly, but Im still getting some. I got about 500 spams in a couple of days and went through and picked out keywords and key sender names to filter out. Now I'm getting about 50-100 a day now but using the Junkmail feature in NS7 it pretty much throws everything in the junkmail folder unless the person is in my address book... As long as I pay attn. to what goes in there I should be fine. I guess DOD is also installing 'spam buster' or something like that on the mailserver so hopefully that does the job.

Now I need to get my @shownomercy.com addresses setup as a seperate pop3 so I don't get hate mail mixed in with mail from friends. I'm not sure if I want to go with the allwords@shownomercy.com anymore. I might just use tom@ and webmaster@ for now.

For a while I've been using a gay hotmail account because I was so sick of getting spammed. Its looking like I might be able to use my pop3's again.

w00t.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Hell-ish Rain Soaked Parasites
[default homepage] [print][4:38:13am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.02573 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]