New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> My car is making a grinding noise by InventorofEvil on Nov 30,2005 10:00pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by InventorofEvil  at Nov 30,2005 10:00pm
Anyone here know what would cause my car to make a grinding noise? The noise lasts for about 20 seconds then goes away.Ive gone over the 3,000 mile limit without an oil change.COuld that be the problem?

toggletoggle post by InventorofEvil  at Nov 30,2005 10:04pm
I just did a search on google.Grinding noises could mean the alternator is going.Maybe the tires? Idk,I only know a lil about cars.

toggletoggle post by Hungta‘bleed at Nov 30,2005 10:08pm
If it were your altinator, then your battery light would/should go on. Without the altinator functioning properly, or at all for that matter, the battery stops charging and you are then solely running off the juice that is stored in it.

toggletoggle post by dftg at Nov 30,2005 11:53pm
what are you doing when it makes the noise?

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Nov 30,2005 11:58pm
Turn down your stereo.

toggletoggle post by kyledoesnotlogin at Dec 1,2005 12:06am
turn down the suck.

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Dec 1,2005 12:08am
yeah man my alternator just went, and it started to smoke like 2 or 3 days before it finally died. it didnt make any sounds though.

toggletoggle post by Cecchini   at Dec 1,2005 12:19am
Sounds like you should be moshing if its really grinding.

toggletoggle post by anonymousity at Dec 1,2005 12:28am
No, you can really go about 5000 miles without changing your oil. If the grinding sound occurs when you are accelerating, Its probably your transmission. How is the fluid level in it (the transmission)? Though, yeah, your alternator might be struggling.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Dec 1,2005 1:09am
If only your name was InventorofCarKnowledge!!
But noooo...gotta be evil.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Dec 1,2005 1:10am
it could also be your emergency brake

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Dec 1,2005 1:34am
Cecchini said:

toggletoggle post by DEATH2ALL  at Dec 1,2005 1:53am
What do you drive? It could be a 100 different things. Brake pads, cat converter, low oil in a powerfull engine can make the exhaust produce a similar sound. transmission, pinion seal. you name it.

toggletoggle post by InventorofEvil  at Dec 1,2005 6:07am
How can cranking my stereo cause the engine to grind? And if the emergency brake was on Id know it.I fucking hate cars sometimes.I dont have the $$ to make a major repair right now :(

toggletoggle post by InventorofEvil  at Dec 1,2005 6:09am
I got a 1994 Ford Crown Victoria.Could the tranny shit the bed after just 11 years?? Im baffled.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 1,2005 8:37am
At least it's driving. Mine puked up a bunch of white smoke from the exhaust and won't even turn over, now. I lose.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Dec 1,2005 8:43am
WWW.AUTOZONE.COM

they have a diagnostic section on their page.

toggletoggle post by whoremastery  at Dec 1,2005 8:48am
my car is fuck too..im screwed its pissing out radiatior fluid of something and its over heating....anyone?

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 1,2005 8:57am
InventorofEvil said:
How can cranking my stereo cause the engine to grind?

Is your schoolbus shorter than all the other kid's?

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 1,2005 8:58am
whoremastery said:
my car is fuck too..im screwed its pissing out radiatior fluid of something and its over heating....anyone?

You've obviously got a leak.
Pray its just in a hose. Replacing the radiator is a lot of $$

toggletoggle post by whoremastery  at Dec 1,2005 9:05am
that diagnostic page didnt help much

toggletoggle post by whoremastery  at Dec 1,2005 9:07am
well its rust colored water that is spraying out the bottom and my temp gauge is all the way hot...it only seems to happen when i shut the car off...can i still drive it? at least to work until i can get it at a shop near there??

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Dec 1,2005 9:19am
powerkok said:
If only your name was InventorofCarKnowledge!!
But noooo...gotta be evil.

Hahahaha

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 1,2005 9:19am
whoremastery said:
well its rust colored water that is spraying out the bottom and my temp gauge is all the way hot...it only seems to happen when i shut the car off...can i still drive it? at least to work until i can get it at a shop near there??

Sure, just don't ever shut it off. Problem solved.

toggletoggle post by babyshaker at Dec 1,2005 10:01am
Cecchini said:

AHAHAH

toggletoggle post by babyshaker at Dec 1,2005 10:02am
its car/death/grind music!!

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 1,2005 10:25am
whoremastery said:

Make sure you aren't leaking coolant. If you are, fill it up, and drive as little as possible.
Does the temp gauge go up while you're driving?
If you drive it too hot for too long you'll blow a gasket and then you might as well throw away your car.

toggletoggle post by InventorofEvil  at Dec 1,2005 10:51am
I replaced my radiator last year.Cost me $300

toggletoggle post by whoremastery  at Dec 1,2005 10:53am
Josh_Martin said:
whoremastery said:

Make sure you aren't leaking coolant. If you are, fill it up, and drive as little as possible.
If you drive it too hot for too long you'll blow a gasket and then you might as well throw away your car.

yes it does go up while im driving..i just want to getit to the shop and then see what is wrong..they told me to put water in my overflow tank and then get it there...they say it could be the tank itself.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Dec 1,2005 10:55am
whoremastery said:

most auto places have a chemical(i forget what it's called) that can seal any cracks in your radiator temporarily(unless it's real fuckin bad)

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Dec 1,2005 11:38am
whoremastery said:
Josh_Martin said:
whoremastery said:

yes it does go up while im driving..i just want to getit to the shop and then see what is wrong..they told me to put water in my overflow tank and then get it there...they say it could be the tank itself.

If its really dry, I'd put the water straight into the radiator. If it gets too low it won't feed off the overflow tank.

toggletoggle post by whoremastery  at Dec 1,2005 12:18pm
thanx for the imput guys..i appreciate it..i cant tell if the radiator is completely dry..but when i took the cap of i saw nothing in it.

toggletoggle post by the rooster at Dec 1,2005 12:45pm
what part of the car is the sound coming from? i can't see how it would have anything to do with not changing your oil, unless there's not enough oil in the car, but even then, you get more of a knocking sound.

toggletoggle post by InventorofEvil  at Dec 1,2005 12:55pm
Drove the car today.No grinding noise so far.If I had the $$ Id get it looked at.

toggletoggle post by InventorofEvil  at Dec 1,2005 12:56pm
The noise sounds like it coming from the front ride side.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Nocturnal Egyptian Interrobang
[default homepage] [print][10:03:52pm Apr 24,2024
load time 0.02866 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]