New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> I need a laptop. by davefromthegrave on Nov 28,2005 10:13pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Nov 28,2005 10:13pm
my processor burned itself up tonight. I've been in need of a laptop for a while, and now I really need to get one. I'm looking at Sony Vaios. A software engineer buddy of mine has pointed me away from Dell laptops because of their overheating issues.

So, if you know about laptops, preferably Sony, recomend me a good fast one that has a large keyboard. I've got fucking caveman hands, so the large keyboard is the most important thing for me to find.

If you know of any decent laptops that have fallen off the back of a truck lately then I'll be extremely grateful if you hook me up.

I'm also looking for a new motherboard and processor, as I want to get my tower back up and running. so tell me what I should look for in those, the one I had up until today was an AMD socket A, so I haven't looked at these things in a while.

toggletoggle post by dftg nli at Nov 28,2005 11:03pm
anybody here willing to help me out? maybe somebody knows of used laptops for sale?

toggletoggle post by my_pretentious_erection   at Nov 29,2005 1:11am
go with sony or IBM... i fucking LOVE IBM thinkpads but they run a good $200+ more than other brands.

for the mobo+processor check out tigerdirect.com , i like them a lot, and they've got a good selection. are you sure it was the processor and not just the motherboard? most motherboards don't even have a five year lifespan anymore... you should be all set if you just find a processor+board combo that suits you you can just swap it into your system.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 29,2005 2:41am
most sony and ibm's have tiny keyboards.
dell's "over heating" issue is like from 3-4 years ago.

http://www.pricewatch.com for parts

toggletoggle post by dftg nli at Nov 29,2005 8:18am
my_pretentious_erection said:
go with sony or IBM... i fucking LOVE IBM thinkpads but they run a good $200+ more than other brands.

for the mobo+processor check out tigerdirect.com , i like them a lot, and they've got a good selection. are you sure it was the processor and not just the motherboard? most motherboards don't even have a five year lifespan anymore... you should be all set if you just find a processor+board combo that suits you you can just swap it into your system.

I'm not sure that it was just the processor, but it's time for an upgrade anyway.

hellooooooooo mr. credit card debt!

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Nov 29,2005 9:05am
davefromthegrave said:

So, if you know about laptops, preferably Sony, recomend me a good fast one that has a large keyboard. I've got fucking caveman hands, so the large keyboard is the most important thing for me to find.

"I'm a caveman. Your magic boxes with their interweb machines frighten me. I think to myself, "did tiny demons get in there and make those pictures?" I don't know, I'm just a caveman."

toggletoggle post by dftg nli at Nov 29,2005 9:07am
keep that up and you gonna get clubbed. unga bunga.

wait, was that from athf?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 29,2005 9:17am
snl

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Nov 29,2005 9:34am
"Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer"

toggletoggle post by MadMac at Nov 29,2005 10:09am
y not an iBook G4 12"?

OR

if you wanna be in debt look at the Powerbook G4 15" - great machine its the one i use when i'm on the road.

toggletoggle post by dftg at Dec 1,2005 1:31am
I hate computers

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Dec 1,2005 2:50am
as much as I hate Dell, my inspiron is almost 4 years old and still kicking ass...well it will when I unload all the CRAP off it. (no burner)

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Dec 1,2005 8:16am
Oh, BTW, stay away from IBM laps. They're slow as shit for their specs, and they overheat like nobody's business. At least in my experience.

toggletoggle post by dftg at Dec 1,2005 11:23pm
I still need a computer. I'm on my sister's right now. somebody gimme $2000 so I can buy a sony vaio.

toggletoggle post by dftg at Dec 1,2005 11:24pm
I will have sex with you for money

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 2,2005 9:14am
I haven't done any research lately, but I've heard good things about Sager laptops. And I guess this is a good resource for all things notebook related: http://www.notebookforums.com

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Dec 2,2005 9:22am
if I could I would get an aliens wares machine, but that's like $6K.

toggletoggle post by menstrual_sweatpants_disco   at Dec 2,2005 9:31am
You could probably build 2 machines for the cost of one alienware that performs just as well.

toggletoggle post by dftg at Dec 2,2005 11:48am
menstrual_sweatpants_disco said:
I haven't done any research lately, but I've heard good things about Sager laptops. And I guess this is a good resource for all things notebook related: http://www.notebookforums.com

You're not the first person to give me that advice.

thanks for helping guys.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Dec 2,2005 11:53am
i didn't reply because you said you didn't want a Dell, I bought 3 Dells so far, 2 being the laptops you see aaron and i using at shows and they're great and I got some amazing deals...
good luck!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:sign on net, sign off brain
[default homepage] [print][8:27:11am Apr 18,2024
load time 0.01242 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]