New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> is unearth overated by anonymous on Nov 6,2005 6:54pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by anonymous at Nov 6,2005 6:54pm
i think they are good, not great, but i hear all this smack about them beeing gods

toggletoggle post by danny_p at Nov 6,2005 7:01pm
fake poster

toggletoggle post by coldnorthernvengeance  at Nov 6,2005 7:49pm
Fucking boring cookie cutter metal core rubbish

toggletoggle post by tbone_r nli at Nov 6,2005 8:20pm
i like the stings of conscious and endless. no comment after that.

toggletoggle post by wade at Nov 6,2005 8:49pm
endless ep is all i can stand. a couple tunes on the last full length were alright but...weakest link is the vocals.

toggletoggle post by Ryan_M at Nov 6,2005 9:46pm
coldnorthernvengeance said:
Fucking boring cookie cutter metal core rubbish

don't forget to mention that they suck!

toggletoggle post by shrapnel ! at Nov 6,2005 10:41pm
i can listen to a song

toggletoggle post by Yeti at Nov 6,2005 11:06pm
extremely

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 6,2005 11:14pm
www has it right.
they aren't anything inovative anymore, but d00ders...
realize it.
they've been making the same music that EVERY band is now copying.
fun to see live, the CDs are ok, but realize that so many bands are copying them. I've seen this band in tiny clubs for a long time. it's great that they are doing well, especially since now trevor's label is doing awesome (even though they should sign more bands)

toggletoggle post by shrapnel ! at Nov 6,2005 11:23pm
the_reverend said:
www has it right.
trevor's label is doing awesome (even though they should sign more bands)

wow i never thought i'd see that statement, and i talked to trevor about this and his take on it. a lot of musicians who run label get one maybe two good prospects and then try to surround them by bands who are mediocre and hence bring the label down with them, so he's tried to just stick it out with finding bands he finds really inspiring and pushes them really hard.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Nov 6,2005 11:28pm
compare BMA with it.
there are plenty of bands out there that he could sign.
when was the last time he signed a band?

toggletoggle post by shrapnel ! at Nov 6,2005 11:31pm
not sure does he still just have since the flood and it dies today or has he signed more, i mean i talked to him a while ago....that was when they were on the hatebreed/hangbangers ball tour down in va.

is stf still on his label or did metalblade outright them yet

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Nov 6,2005 11:32pm
well no fucking shit!
But then again i havent heard anyone say anything good about them in about 3 fucking years...who cares.

toggletoggle post by Cecchini   at Nov 7,2005 8:46am edited Nov 7,2005 8:47am
In reponse to the original title of this thread.

Yes.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Nov 7,2005 10:37am
I'd say underrated, that band is absolutely amazing.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Nov 7,2005 12:23pm
Joe/NotCommon said:
I'd say underrated, that band is absolutely amazing.

damn, joe stole my idea.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Nov 7,2005 1:54pm
I dont think their overated they just fucking SUCK

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Nov 7,2005 3:59pm
I think they are gay and should stop offending my ears with the shit they play

toggletoggle post by adam_time   at Nov 7,2005 4:13pm
i liked the stings of conscious when it first came out, but they've gotten worse, and you're all right, his vocals are terrible.
if you heard only one song the guitar work could sound decent, but when you listen to the whole cd, every song is the same, and their breakdowns are generic one chord chugs.

can we do one thing for metal? please everyone, stop writing terrible one or two note breakdowns!

oh and don't yell breakdown right before a breakdown.

toggletoggle post by Termination slip at Nov 7,2005 4:18pm
shopping mall metal for high school kids with lip piercings and stupid hair cuts

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Nov 7,2005 5:07pm edited Nov 7,2005 5:08pm
adam_time said:

oh and don't yell breakdown right before a breakdown.

Porrphyria is exempt from this rule......

toggletoggle post by brokenclown at Nov 7,2005 5:13pm
unearth is complete garbage

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Nov 7,2005 5:29pm
Unearth are good guys, they have worked hard to get where they are, for many years.

It is obvious they changed their sound to 'fit the times', and no, I do not care much for their music, but I've got better things to do than shit-talk about them.

toggletoggle post by mark fucking richards at Nov 7,2005 5:32pm
when 'above the fall of man' came out (the first EP), i didnt mind it but it got old really quick. i tried getting into "stings of conscience," but it never did anything for me. the "endless" EP was a step up from stings, but still bored the crap out of me. and when they put out the new album, i was absolutely repulsed by the fact they've released the same 3 songs 10x over with the same shitty monotonous vocals, among everything else. they can play their instruments, but never put their talent to good enough use to say they're actually even semi-decent. unearth blow.

toggletoggle post by brokenclown at Nov 7,2005 5:32pm
im not talking shit, its just my opinion

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Nov 7,2005 5:44pm
brokenclown said:
im not talking shit, its just my opinion

Sorry. I didn't mean to imply that you, specifically, were, bro. But I have seen a lot of shit talking on these boards about them.

toggletoggle post by brokenclown at Nov 8,2005 4:47am
no problem, "garbage" was a little harsh anyway

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Nov 8,2005 10:26am
Garbage aint harsh at all.

toggletoggle post by pzNiTGLvQJ at Mar 4,2006 12:58am edited Mar 4,2006 1:55am
I am a gay fiucking faggy spam bot

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 4,2006 10:00am
I've never been into unearth...

but, they do get free custom guitars like this drooooooools

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 5,2006 11:02am
a dude at my work said that the new unearth will blow everyone away. they are doing stuff so inovative that you will say "this is unearth" no clean vocals either..... hope he was right he said he was unearths bus driver or something

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 5,2006 11:04am
unearth is not a very good band. they are very bland and that guitar is all eye candy. not quality

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 5,2006 11:05am edited Mar 5,2006 11:08am
anonymous said:
that guitar is all eye candy. not quality

how so?

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 5,2006 11:24am
I'm not a fan of the company Ibanez. I mean yes its a decent guitar but its most likely not a "true" custom guitar. The first factor making a guitar cheap or expensive is the actual guitar manufacturing process. Was the guitar hand-made? Was the guitar produced in a highly automated modern guitar factory? Ibanez guitars are mainly produced in Korea. The quality of material used for producing this guitar is most likely not what you think it is. This includes the woods used for the guitar neck and body, the paints, finishes, etc. I still have my custom built Brian Moore MC-1 that i personally help design and was always kept a breast on the manufacturing process. Today Brian Moore outsources to Korea which is a shame but still build 5 custom made guitars a year.

I guess its a cost factor. Why spend that kind of money for a mass produced instrument when you can spend that money towards a true custom guitar of your own. Or spend that money on a "better" quality production guitar.

Just not a fan of Ibanez as I've owned them in the past and have seen the shoddy work that comes out of their Korean factory. Personal opinion that's all.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 5,2006 11:31am
http://www.edromanguitars.com/guitar/ibanez/better_iba.htm

although not a fan of Mr. Roman's personality or work here is his take on Ibanez guitars. Too bad Brian Moore doesn't make the MC/1 anymore. I wonder how much I could sell mine for if I had to... it truly is a piece of work. I have to thank my parents for the guitar

toggletoggle post by pam nli at Mar 5,2006 11:31am
Cecchini said:
In reponse to the original title of this thread.

Yes.

toggletoggle post by kessaris   at Mar 5,2006 11:48am
yes

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 5,2006 12:12pm edited Mar 5,2006 12:15pm
anonymous said:
I'm not a fan of the company Ibanez. I mean yes its a decent guitar but its most likely not a "true" custom guitar. The first factor making a guitar cheap or expensive is the actual guitar manufacturing process. Was the guitar hand-made? Was the guitar produced in a highly automated modern guitar factory? Ibanez guitars are mainly produced in Korea. The quality of material used for producing this guitar is most likely not what you think it is. This includes the woods used for the guitar neck and body, the paints, finishes, etc. I still have my custom built Brian Moore MC-1 that i personally help design and was always kept a breast on the manufacturing process. Today Brian Moore outsources to Korea which is a shame but still build 5 custom made guitars a year.

I guess its a cost factor. Why spend that kind of money for a mass produced instrument when you can spend that money towards a true custom guitar of your own. Or spend that money on a "better" quality production guitar.

Just not a fan of Ibanez as I've owned them in the past and have seen the shoddy work that comes out of their Korean factory. Personal opinion that's all.

well, that's completely your opinion. As far as I know he got that free so there's no cost factor, it would probably cost $2-3,000 for that guitar if you or me were to buy it.. I know when Ken got his custom ibanez he just went through the factory and was like "I want this on it, and this on it, ect"

I've owned an American Made Jackson and I have to say the quality of my Korean made Ibanez built quality is better. The edge II is okay but is not a real edge. Handmade doesn't always mean it's better.

toggletoggle post by Phillip  at Mar 5,2006 1:36pm
I like Strings and Endless the new one has a few good songs but I cant listen to the album all the way through
and the fact that Metal blade has done like 3 rereleases on the new one even though its only what? 2 years old? gay

toggletoggle post by MetalcoreSUCKS at Mar 5,2006 1:51pm
Unearth aint overated,they just SUCK

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 5,2006 2:07pm
Opinion: Unearth sucks because they are metalcore! Metalcore is gay! It's rebellious (and kvlt) to hate metalcore! I am a rebel!

What you really mean: Unearth sucks because they worked hard at what they do, and have become more famous than my 'true metal' band will ever be.

Maturate.

toggletoggle post by MetalcoreSUCKS at Mar 5,2006 3:52pm
Ok, the only good thing about Unearth is Mike's drumming.I cant get into the tough guy/lizard man vocals.Thats why I dont like them.And just because a band is more famous dont mean that they are better than an underground one.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Mar 5,2006 4:59pm
anonymous said:
Opinion: Unearth sucks because they are metalcore! Metalcore is gay! It's rebellious (and kvlt) to hate metalcore! I am a rebel!

What you really mean: Unearth sucks because they worked hard at what they do, and have become more famous than my 'true metal' band will ever be.

Maturate.

Opinion: Unearth suck because their music sucks and anonymous posters are gay.

What I really mean: Anonymous posters are gay

toggletoggle post by Cecchini   at Mar 5,2006 7:53pm
popularity never validates music. if that was true, then what would that make 98 degrees? ewwwwwww

unearth sucks anyway.

toggletoggle post by wade nli at Mar 5,2006 8:48pm
the only thing I've listened to more than once is the Endless EP. I don't think they or anyone else playing that style will top that EP (another EP I like by a band that didn't impress me before or after is A Life Once Lost's Fourth Plague: Flies). Are they overrated? such a strange notion based on a ton of things that don't matter, as to personal opinion. Like em or don't. not a big deal.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 2,2006 8:53pm
bump for aaron ...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 2,2006 8:56pm
there, I blocked that IP.. fuckers.
sorry, I'm at a show and just very annoyed with a lot of things.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][11:53:43am Apr 19,2024
load time 0.01807 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]