New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> the new cryptopsy album by BSV on Oct 24,2005 3:36pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by BSV at Oct 24,2005 3:36pm
FUCKING KILLS. I feel it's the total Cryptopsy experience taking a piece from every album in some way, shape or form. The songwriting is great. Worm's vokills reminded more of BMF than NSV. If you're a fan of Cryptopsy, I don't understand why you wouldn't like this album. I only got two spins of this so far and that was the other day, sorry it ain't that fresh in my head.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Oct 24,2005 3:39pm
The album should be called FLOTOPSY because the guitars are not presented well in the mix at all. The vocals make me laugh, they remind me of people who make fun of death metal vocals.

I want Mike D. Back. I'm going to go cry now!

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Oct 24,2005 3:40pm
I think this album is absymaly mediocre, and agree that I want their other singer back. So what if he doesn't eat cephalopods.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Oct 24,2005 5:49pm
DrinkHardThrashHard said:
I think this album is absymaly mediocre, and agree that I want their other singer back. So what if he doesn't eat cephalopods.

actually worms are annelids, cephalopods are mollusks, like squid.

sory for being such a nerd, im gonna go kill myself now

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Oct 24,2005 5:49pm
ps i like this album

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Oct 24,2005 6:11pm edited Oct 24,2005 6:14pm
Anthony nli said:
DrinkHardThrashHard said:

actually worms are annelids, cephalopods are mollusks, like squid.

sory for being such a nerd, im gonna go kill myself now

No, do not, because you are completely right. Worms are phylum Annalid. . I was confused because of a sub-species of worm with the suffix -cephala, but I stand corrected, and completely Pwnt

toggletoggle post by mark fucking richards at Oct 24,2005 6:29pm
anthony, you don't go to harvard for nothing! you're learnin' good son!

anywho...

i've only listened to this once all the way through. i listened to it with the worst expectations since 'the pestilence that walketh..." was one of the worst preview tracks to post online.

i definitely like it more than i thought i would. some of the quick clean guitar parts throw me off. they did do shit like that on previous albums, but in a different manner. overall the drums are definitely the most present, as tom mentioned already, but overall i think the sound is pretty good. very reminscent of the first 2 albums in production. i'd have to listen to it a few more times to get a full feel, but in my opinion the songwriting is a bit scattered. i'll be listening to it a hell of a lot more so hopefully it'll grow on me a shitload.

toggletoggle post by slowlypeelingtheflesh   at Oct 24,2005 6:45pm
I like it, its a good album just not the best cryptopsy by any means

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Oct 24,2005 7:13pm
hehe , i probably wouldnt even have remembered that fact, but i had an organismic biology exam this morning

toggletoggle post by DEATH2ALL  at Oct 24,2005 7:18pm
I'm going to listen to this in about a half hour. The 2 tracks I've already heard were very good though.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Oct 24,2005 7:31pm
I slacked last week...didn't get this or the new Old Man's Child

shame on me.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Oct 24,2005 7:33pm
new Arsis tomorrow too, right?

toggletoggle post by the_rooster  at Oct 24,2005 8:21pm
i like it. hate the vocals, but i've managed to block them out. there's one song that is pitiful (i'm sure you all know which one i'm talking about). def. not as good as previous albums, but it is good.

toggletoggle post by aterribleguitarist  at Oct 24,2005 9:22pm
From the liner notes:

Cryptopsy is:
Lord Worm- vocals
Alex Auburn- guitars and backing vocals
Eric Langlois- bass
Flo Mounier- drums, percussion and backing vocals

all songs by Cryptopsy with the contribution of Jon Levasseur

ouch!!!! that burns

the album kicks ass by the way, innovative, yet true to their roots. and I'd have to say I disagree with the comments about the guitars being low in the mix...if anything i'd say the bass is too low in the mix. Eric Langlois is amazing.

toggletoggle post by DEATH2ALL  at Oct 25,2005 8:21pm
I think it's great. I hear what you mean about the guitars, but I think that is part of their sound. You get used to the mix after the first listen. All around, progression & brutality!

toggletoggle post by MadMac at Oct 26,2005 8:37am edited Oct 26,2005 8:40am
production is HORRIBLE. i don't know why they wanted it to sound so raw and unbalanced and eq'ed wacked up. I think the song writing is pretty complex and intense but the production ruins it totally. drums sound like garbage cans. the bass needs to be clearer as he is incredible!

nothing beats None so Vile and I still have their 4 song demo Ungentle Exhumation from 1993. But I no longer own a tape player.

toggletoggle post by Ionsphere  at Oct 26,2005 10:35am
this album sucks.

i cant even listen to one song without being completely annoyed. lord worm is a joke, and now this band is a joke.

toggletoggle post by slowlypeelingtheflesh   at Oct 26,2005 10:43am
Arent they still trying to replace Jon?

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Oct 27,2005 7:33pm
MadMac said:
I still have their 4 song demo Ungentle Exhumation from 1993. But I no longer own a tape player.

Man I still have so many demos of killer bands on cassette,but no player...Skinless,Deaden,Lividity,Hate,Vader,Rottrevore,Abominog....I could go on forever...It fuckin sucks when you have killer shit like that and nuthin to listen to it on

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Oct 28,2005 3:59am
Buy a tape player, durr.

I got new ARSIS, CRYPTOPSY and 1349 today, all great!

toggletoggle post by Todd NLI at Oct 28,2005 5:30am
AUTOPSY_666 said:
Buy a tape player, durr.

Other things to spend my cash on right now like, rent ,gas ,phone ,heating.....Ya know living expenses

toggletoggle post by MadMac at Oct 28,2005 2:39pm
AUTOPSY_666 said:
Buy a tape player, durr.

no point. but i could digitize the demo tape and put it on my puter and then put it on my iPod, that may work!

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Oct 28,2005 3:15pm
The 1349 is fucking badass.

toggletoggle post by delicious_peppered_salami at Nov 22,2011 7:56am

toggletoggle post by ark at Nov 22,2011 10:38am
I like Once Was Not.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:click here to get internet 5.0
[default homepage] [print][9:17:31pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.02196 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]