New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> I love it, thrash is coming back by eddie on Oct 6,2005 9:46pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by eddie  at Oct 6,2005 9:46pm
thrash bands unite!

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 6,2005 10:17pm
a buddy of mine called it a bandwagon the other day lololzzz!!!111!!!

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Oct 6,2005 10:20pm
BornSoVile said:

i guess i've been on the bandwagon for 5 years then

toggletoggle post by / at Oct 6,2005 10:22pm
BornSoVile said:

you can rehash any old used up idea you want but bands that are moving forward and doing new things will always be better than the "well lets do this again because we have nothing new to add posers"

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 6,2005 10:29pm
yeah or you can just write music that makes you go crazy like thrash.

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Oct 6,2005 10:32pm
fun>new things

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 6,2005 10:35pm
i've always thought it's awesome that many thrash bands consistently put out great albums instead of changing their sound everytime. shit more than half of the bands that constantly evolve suck by the time the 5th album is done. Moore's Law!

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Oct 6,2005 10:39pm
Bands that move forward = fags.

toggletoggle post by / at Oct 6,2005 10:48pm
people afraid of change=fags

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Oct 6,2005 10:50pm
Can't better perfection.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 6,2005 10:51pm
if it's not broken, why fix it?

toggletoggle post by / at Oct 6,2005 10:52pm
i love thrash to but i hate resurgences i would rather listen to the old stuff and check out newer bands that are pushing in new directions ,like aborym for example

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 6,2005 10:54pm
i understand what you mean, but seriously, you're not interested in bands like Toxic Holocaust and Municipal Waste??

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Oct 6,2005 10:55pm
Dissector said:
Can't better perfection.

they thought they could, but it was just a horrible birth defect metalcore

toggletoggle post by / at Oct 6,2005 10:56pm
the other problem is that soon there will be 150,000 "thrash" bands and 149,999 of them will suck! it cheapens the memory for me...also what exactly is thrash? is it the vocal style?drum?guitar? then there will be black thrash,death thrash emo thrash hardcorethrash etc..its to bad we can't just call it all thrash....or shit depending on your ear!!

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Oct 6,2005 10:57pm
you forgot german thrash and bay area thrash

toggletoggle post by BestialOnslaught  at Oct 6,2005 10:58pm
WOW, I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT THAT WAY, SLASH HAS SHOWEN ME THE LIGHT!

toggletoggle post by / at Oct 6,2005 11:01pm
then assuming this big thrash resurrection happens your gonna have to wear the right shirts to signify that your "new thrash"or whatever to the other confused kids desperately trying to fit in and find exceptance by being "different" .......i dont know maybe i should have been smoking dope in the boysroom instead of paying attention in sociology class!

toggletoggle post by / at Oct 6,2005 11:01pm
eddie said:
you forgot german thrash and bay area thrash

see its already starting!

toggletoggle post by / at Oct 6,2005 11:02pm
BestialOnslaught said:
WOW, I NEVER THOUGHT OF IT THAT WAY, SLASH HAS SHOWEN ME THE LIGHT!

glad i could help...

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Oct 6,2005 11:02pm
whats emothrash?

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Oct 6,2005 11:02pm

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Oct 6,2005 11:04pm
eddie said:
whats emothrash?

i think it's when emo bands do limp-wristed destruction covers

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Oct 6,2005 11:04pm
/ said:
then assuming this big thrash resurrection happens your gonna have to wear the right shirts to signify that your "new thrash"or whatever to the other confused kids desperately trying to fit in and find exceptance by being "different" .......i dont know maybe i should have been smoking dope in the boysroom instead of paying attention in sociology class!

i call those poser, and thrashers slaughter posers

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Oct 6,2005 11:05pm
/ said:
the other problem is that soon there will be 150,000 "thrash" bands and 149,999 of them will suck! it cheapens the memory for me...also what exactly is thrash? is it the vocal style?drum?guitar? then there will be black thrash,death thrash emo thrash hardcorethrash etc..its to bad we can't just call it all thrash....or shit depending on your ear!!

if you actually listen to thrash, you know what it sounds like...

thrash beat, thrash beat, thrash beat

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 6,2005 11:05pm
/ said:

i think you're way to concerned about fashion, you get to be fashion thrash. that attitude is more suited for death and black metal. anyone who thinks that they can't listen to a certain type of music or metal or whatever should just kill themselves.

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Oct 6,2005 11:07pm
Anthony nli said:
/ said:

if you actually listen to thrash, you know what it sounds like...

thrash beat, thrash beat, thrash beat

damn straight

toggletoggle post by coldnorthernvengeance  at Oct 6,2005 11:09pm
How bout some Nifelheim meets Gehenna style thrash!

toggletoggle post by / at Oct 6,2005 11:10pm
BornSoVile said:
/ said:

i think you're way to concerned about fashion, you get to be fashion thrash. that attitude is more suited for death and black metal. anyone who thinks that they can't listen to a certain type of music or metal or whatever should just kill themselves.

thats exactly what im saying....l

toggletoggle post by / at Oct 6,2005 11:11pm
coldnorthernvengeance said:

how about "look at the world,it's either you or them" thrash eh eh eh ..

toggletoggle post by coldnorthernvengeance  at Oct 6,2005 11:12pm
Eric paone must be doing cart wheels!

toggletoggle post by / at Oct 6,2005 11:12pm
/ said:

how about some"we came to wreck everything"including your coke machine" and ruin your lives thrash!

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Oct 6,2005 11:16pm
/ said:
/ said:

how about some"we came to wreck everything"including your coke machine" and ruin your lives thrash!

i'd listen to it

toggletoggle post by chivaulry is dead! at Oct 6,2005 11:17pm
eddie said:
/ said:
/ said:

i'd listen to it

you'd have to buy the shirt and embrace the whole"lifestyle" if you were "true"

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 6,2005 11:17pm
yeah me too.

toggletoggle post by coldnorthernvengeance  at Oct 6,2005 11:19pm
I know! Soccer Hooligan thrash metal!

toggletoggle post by / at Oct 6,2005 11:22pm
I know! Soccer Hooligan thrash metal!

YES!!! manchester united thrash !

picked those videos up at my moms by the way! should be an occultic dungeon experience this weekend!

toggletoggle post by coldnorthernvengeance  at Oct 6,2005 11:23pm
cool!

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Oct 6,2005 11:24pm
/ said:
then assuming this big thrash resurrection happens your gonna have to wear the right shirts to signify that your "new thrash"or whatever to the other confused kids desperately trying to fit in...

why? I wear sweaters. I listen to whatever i want. Life isn't that hard...

toggletoggle post by coldnorthernvengeance  at Oct 6,2005 11:24pm
Haha, Manchester United thrash!

toggletoggle post by / at Oct 6,2005 11:27pm
DomesticTerror said:
/ said:
then assuming this big thrash resurrection happens your gonna have to wear the right shirts to signify that your "new thrash"or whatever to the other confused kids desperately trying to fit in...

i wear sweaters and listen to what ever i want thrash!brilliant!

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Oct 6,2005 11:28pm
chivaulry is dead! said:
eddie said:
/ said:
/ said:

i'd listen to it

you'd have to buy the shirt and embrace the whole"lifestyle" if you were "true"

black metal? hardcore?

this is called thrash!!!!!

toggletoggle post by Dissector   at Oct 6,2005 11:29pm
I like it when thrash bands play fast...

toggletoggle post by / at Oct 6,2005 11:29pm
we know! but when all this shit happens ...don't say noone told you it would!

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Oct 6,2005 11:29pm
Dissector said:
I like it when thrash bands play fast...

sometimes they play slow, then really really fast!

toggletoggle post by / at Oct 6,2005 11:32pm
i like anything i can drive to{thrash}

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Oct 6,2005 11:33pm
can't drive 55{thrash}

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Oct 6,2005 11:34pm
/ said:
DomesticTerror said:
/ said:

i wear sweaters and listen to what ever i want thrash!brilliant!

NO and. leave the . in there...

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Oct 6,2005 11:37pm
eddie said:
can't drive 55{thrash}

no im talking napalm,terrorizer skank beat thrash, if you want to call that stuff thrash,i do..

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 6,2005 11:37pm
this kid needs some attention bad.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Oct 6,2005 11:39pm
BornSoVile said:
this kid needs some attention bad.

you start with me all the time and then wonder why i fuck with you
what the fuck is your problem!

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 6,2005 11:41pm
try to make some good points instead of just running around in circles kid!

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Oct 6,2005 11:42pm
BornSoVile said:

why dont you go reread this thread and see if you can tell me that anything ive said isnt a good point

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 6,2005 11:43pm
i like pissing all over your hopes and dreams. you should just log in, instead of being scared.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Oct 6,2005 11:51pm
BornSoVile said:
i like pissing all over your hopes and dreams. you should just log in, instead of being scared.

well, like i've said in the past,you do know me,and i know the fencejumping poser that you are,so go ahead "piss on my hopes and dreams" i'm laughing at your expense every time i'm here

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Oct 6,2005 11:52pm
BornSoVile said:

i'm still waiting for you to show me the flaw in anything i've said!
who's running around in circles now?

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 6,2005 11:59pm
none of that is nearly as cool as you constantly trying to take me down on the internet. your supposed to log in instead of changing names everynight, maybe then i'll take you seriously, maybe.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 7,2005 12:01am
i already did that when i called you fashion thrash, swift guy!

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Oct 7,2005 12:02am
i've never cast the first stone at anyone on here! including you,and as far as trying to" take you down on the internet " goes,give me a break your doing a good job of that all by yourself! and oh yeah,i'm still waiting...

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Oct 7,2005 12:06am
BornSoVile said:
i already did that when i called you fashion thrash, swift guy!

fashion thrash? lets talk about fashion for a minute in the early 90's you were all about deathmetal,then the black metal thing happened and you were all about that and now it's thrash,i commend you for getting in on this one a little earlier it was almost an original thought on your behalf.
you are exactly the type of person i was talking about in the beginning of this thread

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 7,2005 12:10am
anonymous posts = nothing
your lucky i'm bored and I have time to spare to own your ass in retarded internet arguements everynight. the best part is that you think your a hero for being a complete idiot.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 7,2005 12:11am
i wasn't even listening to death metal in the early 90's!
YOU'LL NEVER BE THE MESSAGE BOARD WARRIOR THAT I AM.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Oct 7,2005 12:16am
i'm not trying to be a hero,but you can continue to mock me and pick fights with me,i know what you are and i'm not the first of your"friends" to say it. and i'm STILL waiting for a good point from you,you've got yourself going in circles againand by the way,i'm working and being paid"ridiculously" to have these internet arguments with you,unfortunately,you suck at internet fighting,dave from the grave is much better at this than you!

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Oct 7,2005 12:17am
if you don't mind, could we get back to talking about thrash instead of you fragile ego?

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 7,2005 12:20am
nevermind you fucked it all up when you didn't realize the whole fashion thrash thing, then you said you knew me b and said I was listening to death metal in the early 90's, but that ain't true. you failed again. i'm putting a another point on the board for myself. i'm going to bed, see you on here next monday? 10:30??

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Oct 7,2005 12:22am
BornSoVile said:
nevermind you fucked it all up when you didn't realize the whole fashion thrash thing, then you said you knew me b and said I was listening to death metal in the early 90's, but that ain't true. you failed again. i'm putting a another point on the board for myself. i'm going to bed, see you on here next monday? 10:30??

you've lost another round, but yeah i'll give you ANOTHER crack at the title on monday... til then,,try to think for yourself, i know it's hard but i think you can do it!

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 7,2005 1:22am
Pathos needs to carry some more thrash. I need that Rigor Mortis disc.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Oct 7,2005 1:40am
BornSoVile said:

look who's back!!!
if your interested,i'll be aquiring all the terrorizer demo's this weekend!
but i don't know how i could give em to you without ruining my anonymity!

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Oct 7,2005 1:46am
anonymous said:
BornSoVile said:

look who's back!!!
if your interested,i'll be aquiring all the terrorizer demo's this weekend!
but i don't know how i could give em to you without ruining my anonymity!

that's to bad, i have this thing in between my legs that doesn't make me scared, it's called a cock and balls. you should get some.
stop trying to ruin the thrash thread.

toggletoggle post by THE THRASH POLICE at Oct 7,2005 1:49am
TORTURED SOULS, PETTY PUGILISM RUINING THE SPIRIT OF THRASH
BRANDED WITH PENTAGRAM FORGED FROM PLUTONIUM THE MARK OF THE BEAST ON MY HAND
AIIIIIIGHHHHTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Oct 7,2005 2:45am
My band plays speed/thrash with a style firmly rooted in the classics but a little lyrical progression (as in, unlike Toxic Holocaust I used song titles that haven't been done 500 times, etc.) I just play it because it's what I loved growing up....but I've been there since thrash was first even called that name so I don't see a problem, it's always been around in a myriad of forms (death metal came from thrash, black metal, from thrash, yes, etc). I don't do it to be retro because to me it wasn't something I got into retroactively. I understand what / is saying and that I have other projects which I play to do more unusual/progressive ideas with music. Besides, almost every band when you get down to it comes from a previous sound/idea/concept, you just may not have heard it before (but trust me, it probably existed).

Thrash is what I've always wanted to do though and just never had the people to play it with. Now I'm enjoying, and really could give a fuck if it's trendy again or 2,000 other bands are doing it now all of a sudden.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Oct 7,2005 3:25am
I think I got a different definition of thrash then you guys. When you say "thrash", I think of early metallica, megadeth, anthrax (up until state of euphoria), MOD, Artillery, Defiance, Overkill (sorta), etc...

If that's what you guys mean, please tell me what new bands are playing this kind of stuff, because I'll go download every goddamned cd. I love this type of music.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Oct 7,2005 3:30am
DrinkHardThrashHard: I agree wholeheartedly with you. Ever notice that every band starts out with an ad or flyer saying what influences the band has, but then most bands form and then spend tons of energy trying to tell people how much they DON'T sound like those very influences?

I was once in a band that I heard about through a flyer at a music store. The ad said that Tool was a big influence, and I love tool. They bought every tool cd. We went to a bunch of tool concerts. We all loved tool. (wow, that sounds wicked gay). Then we wrote songs, played a bunch of shows, and recorded a demo. Every time people compared us to tool though, they'd deny it! They'd claim how original we were, or say how our real influences were a bunch of super obscure "underground" bands like Dog Fashion Disco, or Mudvayne (not very popular at the time), etc....

It's like when Wretched Asylum gets pissed at people for comparing them to marilyn manson.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Oct 7,2005 9:11am
ArrowHead said:
I think I got a different definition of thrash then you guys. When you say "thrash", I think of early metallica, megadeth, anthrax (up until state of euphoria), MOD, Artillery, Defiance, Overkill (sorta), etc...

If that's what you guys mean, please tell me what new bands are playing this kind of stuff, because I'll go download every goddamned cd. I love this type of music.

pick up the newest Exodus CD "Shovel Headed Kill Machine" which came out this week. Also, the one before that "Tempo of the Damned"

Also, get the new Municipal Waste "Hazardous Mutation" that came out this week and their previous record also, "Waste Em All"

And while you're at it, go ahead to http://www.crypticwarning.com and buy "Sanity's Aberration" hahaha, (shameless plug)

also Destruction's three most recent records are awesome, buy those

toggletoggle post by babyshaker at Oct 7,2005 10:00am
THE THRASH POLICE said:
TORTURED SOULS, PETTY PUGILISM RUINING THE SPIRIT OF THRASH
BRANDED WITH PENTAGRAM FORGED FROM PLUTONIUM THE MARK OF THE BEAST ON MY HAND
AIIIIIIGHHHHTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

lol i read a good part of this thread wondering when the thrash police where gonna make an apperance....come on man we could start a nasty band we'll where police shirts with the sleeves cut off and high top sneakers we'll be thrash as hell

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...no thinking required
[default homepage] [print][10:54:56am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.02539 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]