New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Attn Bands Re T-shirts by Jonah nli on Sep 29,2005 11:34am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Jonah nli at Sep 29,2005 11:34am
Would any bands (or other people that needs lots of shirts) be into going in on an order for a butt load of organic cotton T's made by a worker owned womens sewing co-op in Nicaragua?

Prices: http://www.fairtradezone.jhc-cdca.org/pdfd...ne%20Price%20List%20Sept%202005.pdf

Obviously its more money then anywhere else, but I feel like its worth it. anyone else in?

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 29,2005 12:37pm
If worker owned collectives cost that much then yay for corporations.

toggletoggle post by criskeyricketts at Sep 29,2005 2:45pm
I am vegan......are you sure they are organic dude?

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Sep 29,2005 2:50pm
i like the ones made by kids in 3rd world countries that get 25 cents a day.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Sep 29,2005 3:03pm
Yes, child labor please.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 29,2005 3:14pm
Underpaid children make the best garments.

toggletoggle post by Jonah nli at Sep 29,2005 4:40pm
oh well, I'm going to place an order anyway...

criskey, all I know is the info on their site: http://www.fairtradezone.jhc-cdca.org

toggletoggle post by dirteecrayon nli at Sep 29,2005 7:16pm
what about american apparel?

http://www.americanapparel.net/mission/

toggletoggle post by nate nli at Sep 29,2005 7:29pm
So it's ok to outsource shirts to Nicaragua but the country's corporations can't outsource tech jobs to say India?

toggletoggle post by Jonah nli at Sep 30,2005 1:14am
American Apparel are alright, but they are still a little weird. I used them for my bands shirts for the last run and they fit really well and are really well made. The only thing that bugs me about them is that the company is run by this super creepy dude that admits to sleeping with a lot of his female workers and uses pictures of them in ads and what not. Or so i've infered from things i've read about him. but at least they shirts are sweat shop free!

Nate: This is sort of a different situation as I'm paying MORE to buy direct from this co-op in Nicaragua, instead of paying fruit of the loom less money to then pay Nicaraguan's less money in some sweat shop. does that make sense?

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Sep 30,2005 9:08am
Jonah nli said:
American Apparel are alright, but they are still a little weird. I used them for my bands shirts for the last run and they fit really well and are really well made. The only thing that bugs me about them is that the company is run by this super creepy dude that admits to sleeping with a lot of his female workers and uses pictures of them in ads and what not. Or so i've infered from things i've read about him. but at least they shirts are sweat shop free!

Sex sells, how do I order shirts from this guy?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 30,2005 9:21am
Only a handful of chief executives appear in their own ads. Even fewer appear in them without any pants on. But Dov Charney, the 36-year-old in charge of hip clothing maker American Apparel Inc., is not your typical corporate chieftain. His sense of style -- evoking the seedy side of the disco era -- permeates the company's in-store experience and advertising, including one ad picturing his bare backside. It also carries through to the workplace: Charney feels free to engage in consensual sexual relationships with his staff. "I've had relationships, loving relationships, that I'm proud of," he says. "I think it's a First Amendment right to pursue one's affection for another human being."

yeah, guy SURE DOES sound like a dick bag.

ANOTHER SCUMBAG WEEDED OUT BY THE HP POLICE!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 30,2005 9:23am
http://www.thehundreds.com/chronicles/corgide.shoe/
someone needs to talk to that du

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Sep 30,2005 10:27am
this guy should:

weiner mobile posted this on Sep 29th, 2005 at 05:13:43 pm
this one broad i was bangin had cottage cheese bustin all over my fingers. i was like "what the fuck is this shit?!?" and she's all "chunky monkey" and i was like "oh fuck"

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:today will turn for the worse
[default homepage] [print][4:47:11pm Apr 23,2024
load time 0.01900 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]