Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> XBox opinion by succubus on Sep 21,2005 9:41am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 9:41am
people are work are debating ps2 vs xbox..looks like they like the xbox better...anyone?

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Sep 21,2005 9:48am
Gamecube

toggletoggle post by LtdEc-1000  at Sep 21,2005 9:52am
xbox

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 9:53am
ps2 for me.
the xbox has a huge hardware advantage (since as it's a desktop PC in a box), but the ps2 was made specifically as a gaming platform. plus, there isn't any games that would "make" me buy an xbox.
the PS2 on the other hand, the reason I bought it was cause of MGS. MGS3 is coming out on the PS2, but MGS4 is on the PS3 and looking awesome.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 21,2005 9:53am
xbox is better in many ways...but if you're getting ps2 for the exclusive games, there's really no reason arguing for xbox

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 10:01am
ok well gamecube apparently has awesome games...but i'm told to get a used one because the news ones don't have plugs/outlets for high def and we have high def tv...i'm told xbox has a lot more games than ps2...i dunno....what abotu psp?
ps: after work i'm going to go buy *that game* i made a thread about

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 21,2005 10:05am
gamecube does have awesome games, but they're probaby gonna stop making new ones for it soon

that's why I've given up on technology

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 10:05am
gamecube: zeldas
ps2: MSG
XBOX: ?

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 10:06am
msg?
masidon square garden..i shot 1 sold out show there a few years ago

toggletoggle post by LtdEc-1000  at Sep 21,2005 10:10am
Xbox: Halo, Halo 2, Forza motorsport, And xbox has mgs: substance, which was sweet.

toggletoggle post by SuperFly at Sep 21,2005 10:11am
XBOX!!!

toggletoggle post by LtdEc-1000  at Sep 21,2005 10:11am
and besides, noone wants chinese food in their ps2...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 10:21am
I meant MGS and if you are serious about halo 2, you play it on a PC.

toggletoggle post by LtdEc-1000  at Sep 21,2005 10:23am
Ive never even seen it on a pc before, but your probably right. Most Fps games are wayy better on pc.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 10:25am
the xbox had one game that I thought about getting it for, jedi knight.
but then I didnt.

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Sep 21,2005 11:26am edited Sep 21,2005 11:26am
This really baffles me that people still argue over this hehe. Anyone with a normal sized paycheck could go out these days and pick up all three major systems in one week. Maybe not right at launch when they were all $300, but these systems came out years ago. All of them have strong points!

XBOX = Graphics and multiplayer over Live. Killer games...MechAssault, KOTOR, Phantom Dust, Halo, etc, etc.

PS2 = excellent franchises like Metal Gear Solid, Ratchet & Clank, Final Fantasy, and tons of great RPGs. Again, killer games...God of War, Katamari Damacy, etc.

NINTENDO = Fun fucking games, for both kids and adults. Popular iconic franchises, and yes, killer games...Metroid Prime, Pikmin 2, Paper Mario, etc.

People can debate the specs all they want but all three systems have huge fanbases and I am a proud owner of all of them. All three have a mix of popular sequels/franchises and some avant-garde titles.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 11:34am
i still do not know what mgs is

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Sep 21,2005 11:40am
MGS = Metal Gear Solid, a series of stealth/espionage games that began on the Nintendo and then spawned popular sequels on the PS1, PS2, remakes on the XBOX and GameCube, and now an awesome looking MSG4 is coming out for PS3.

I know, total, total fucking geek. I'm guilty.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 11:51am
thanks for answering my question =)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 11:56am
DHTH's description is right. but I don't really have much time for the PS2 as it is.
so 3 systems would be way over kill for me.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Sep 21,2005 11:56am
ok message received...i was fishing for present ideas...

toggletoggle post by the_rooster  at Sep 21,2005 5:37pm
xbox is better. it's faster, higher res. graphics, and everyone i know that owns a ps2, has had to have it repaired at one point or another.

i've played both, and i enjoy xbox more.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 21,2005 5:39pm
carina, I know exactly what you were doing. the last thing I need is another system.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Sep 21,2005 5:43pm
I still stand by Gamecube for being cheap as hell (got mine new for $50) and having great games such as Metroid, Zelda, The Zelda Collector's pack, Warioware, Resident Evil 4, Mario Kart, and Mario Golf.

Although the PC truly owns my soul.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Sep 21,2005 6:55pm
I'm a PC fan, but I can't wait for the Nintendo Revolution to come out. I own a PS2, but I hardly play console games, it's more of an occasion hour or two here and there way to spend time with the fiancee

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 21,2005 7:58pm
wait a few months for ps3 2006

toggletoggle post by anonyman at Sep 21,2005 8:54pm
DreamingInExile said:
I'm a PC fan, but I can't wait for the Nintendo Revolution to come out. I own a PS2, but I hardly play console games, it's more of an occasion hour or two here and there way to spend time with the fiancee

your also a douchebag!

toggletoggle post by Slayer272   at Sep 22,2005 10:29am
XBOX you can't even play dvds on without extra shit.
I've always been a ps fan

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Sep 22,2005 11:33am
Or, buy all of them, and enjoy the variety of titles and franchises which are system exclusive

toggletoggle post by babyshaker at Sep 22,2005 11:34am
DrinkHardThrashHard said:
Or, buy all of them, and enjoy the variety of titles and franchises which are system exclusive

agreed

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Marked Neurotic Nemesis
[default homepage] [print][8:35:48am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01615 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]