New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> David Ortiz ='s MV FUCKING P by JayTUS nli on Sep 20,2005 9:40pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by JayTUS nli at Sep 20,2005 9:40pm
End of story!!! This guy is on a fucking tear!!

And Craig Hansen needs to be our closer. Now.

That's all I got. Carry on.

toggletoggle post by Al at Sep 21,2005 1:27am
Ortiz has a shot at 50

I remember a few weeks ago when Manny Delcarmen struck out the side in his debut and everyone said he should be the closer, then 2 days later he gave up 4 runs in an inning and was demoted...and forgotten...Boston fans are the best

toggletoggle post by anonyman at Sep 21,2005 1:29am
whats the matter al ,afraid if yopu log in and use your "real"name the metal kids wont like you for talkin about sports? i dont blame you!

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 21,2005 1:32am
For anyone who thinks David Ortiz, a DH shouldn't be MVP I've got two words for you: Barry Bonds

Bonds wins MVPs by doing nothing but hitting home runs (on steroids), and is more often than not considered a liability in the field.

Ortiz, MVP, absolutely.

toggletoggle post by moran   at Sep 21,2005 2:12am
Ortiz definately deserves it. Not only does he have the numbers, but unlike the other runners, he is winning games.

toggletoggle post by JayTUS nli at Sep 21,2005 8:13am
No one thought Delcarmen should be a closer. Besides, there is a huge difference between Delcarmen and Hansen.

As far as ARod goes, sure, the guy is valuable, no doubt, but take him and Ortiz out of their lineups and the Yankees are in first place and the Red Sox aren't even in the playoff race. The Yankees have three guys with over 100 RBI's, and Derek Jeter isn't one of them, and if you take ARod out of the lineup, Jeter probably DOES have 100 RBI's.

Then there's Ortiz. Sure, there's still Manny, but then who? Varitek is great, but can't carry the team, at least offensively. Damon is a leadoff hitter. Millar? WOW. Mueller? Great role player. Nixon? Always hurt.

So by that simple logic alone, you can see Ortiz's value.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Sep 21,2005 8:46am edited Sep 21,2005 8:46am
Millar couldn't carry Rafael Belliard, let alone a team.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Sep 21,2005 8:53am
With all the guys on the playoff teams splitting votes the AL MVP will probably go to some random scrub like Vernon Wells. For the absolutely retarded reason of "If the Jays didn't have him and his 30 homeruns they'd be 67 games out instead of 20!"

toggletoggle post by Al_Ravage   at Sep 21,2005 10:02am
No, actually I am just lazy.

Everyone knows that all of Ravage's songs are secret allegories about baseball.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:today will turn for the worse
[default homepage] [print][1:23:47pm Apr 18,2024
load time 0.01021 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]