New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> THE 2005 CONNECTICUT METALFEST THIS SATURDAY, 9/24 by ShadowSD on Sep 19,2005 12:52pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by ShadowSD at Sep 19,2005 12:52pm
THE 2005 CONNECTICUT METALFEST

This Saturday, September 24 at The Outdoor Pavilion in Windham, CT

SUICIDE DREAM

Female-Fronted Dark Melodic Metal from CT/MA

www.suicide-dream.com

INVICTUS

Melodic Thrash Metal from Springfield, MA

http://www.silver-iris.org/invictus/

SHROUD OF BEREAVEMENT

Melodic Doom/Death Metal from NH/MA

www.myspace.com/shroudofbereavement

INFLICTED

Melodic Thrash/Black Metal from Plymouth, MA

www.inflictedmetal.com

VICIOUS DISORDER

Melodic Metal from Springfield, MA

www.viciousdisorder.com

GATHERING SHADOWS

Melodic Black Metal from RI

www.gatheringshadows.net

DREADED SILENCE

Melodic Metal from Boston, MA

www.dreadedsilence.com

SOUL SHROUD

Death Metal from CT

www.soulshroud.net

HUMAN BONE BICYCLE SCIENCE INDUSTRIES

Female-Fronted Prog/Grind/Hybrid Metal from CT

www.geocities.com/hbbsi

EYES OF THE DEAD

Death Metal/Thrash from CT

www.eyesofthedead.com

DEATHAMPHETAMINE

Thrash Metal from Amherst, MA

www.deathamphetamine.com

ASUNDER

Thrash Metal from CT

www.myspace.com/asunderct

All Ages, 3 pm, $10 in advance, $15 at the door

The Outdoor Pavilion is located at 116 Club Road in Windham. Directions can be found on the shows page of our website: www.suicide-dream.com

E-mail me at shadow@neca.com for tickets.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE: www.ctmetalfest.tk

toggletoggle post by cav nli at Sep 19,2005 12:57pm
thrashy show

toggletoggle post by Sinislazy at Sep 19,2005 1:02pm
The Accursed dropped off?

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD at Sep 19,2005 4:41pm
Unfortunately.

(One of the guitarists wanted to go to a wedding)

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 19,2005 8:15pm
weddings aren't metal

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 19,2005 8:15pm
too bad about the accursed dropping off. they put on a good show.

toggletoggle post by |an at Sep 19,2005 10:39pm
are there any cheap hotels in the immediate area and are any other bands getting rooms to party in afterward besides us???

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 19,2005 10:59pm
i was hoping to get a hotel room or party somewhere with people. none of my friends have said whether or not they want to throw down on a hotel room. i'd definitely be up for some partying after the show.

toggletoggle post by |an at Sep 19,2005 11:08pm
hotel, motel, holiday inn.....

I'm going to check around, I'll let ya know if I find any good ones

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 19,2005 11:24pm
cool man, thanks

toggletoggle post by |an at Sep 19,2005 11:29pm
well I can't find shit except fancy sounding places, last time we were in windham we had to drive to norwich where the hotel was...... not a great idea being completely drunk as it was like a 25 minute ride

toggletoggle post by Sinistas   at Sep 20,2005 7:29am
bump

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Sep 20,2005 9:46am
The term black metal is used loosely here apparently

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD at Sep 20,2005 10:40am
Depending on how you look at it... Inflicted's music is straight thrash, but I always thought Ian's vocals were more in the black metal sounding vein, so that's why I also used that term for them.

Gathering Shadows does not have black metal themes at all in the lyrical sense, I agree, but otherwise their music/vocals sound a lot like black metal to me, minus keyboards. (I haven't listened to any of their online sound clips, I'm just going on having seen them live)

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Sep 20,2005 10:44am
huh? keyboards are not always an element of black metal. I also wouldn't call inflicted straight thrash

toggletoggle post by Messerschmitt at Sep 20,2005 10:52am
i've seen them before. i'd say there sound is a little poppy. not straight thrash and very far from black. that just my take though.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD at Sep 20,2005 11:08am
Sub-genres are a tricky, imperfect thing...

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Sep 20,2005 11:09am
gayballs

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Sep 20,2005 11:15am
Inflicted is not black metal. I think melodic death is the best term for them.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD at Sep 20,2005 11:16am
paganmegan said:
huh? keyboards are not always an element of black metal.

OK, that's what I thought, too... I just assumed when you said I was using the term black metal loosely, maybe you meant the lack of keyboards? (It had to be that or the image/lyrics, I couldn't see what other musical component made them fall short of black metal...)

paganmegan said:
I also wouldn't call inflicted straight thrash

Again I thought you were criticizing my use of the term black metal as a descriptor for them, and I was trying to point out that I only meant vocally, and that their music is definitely more thrash than black metal.

I guess I just misunderstood your post...

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Sep 20,2005 11:32am
Aegathis said:
Inflicted is not black metal. I think melodic death is the best term for them.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Sep 20,2005 11:32am
Christraper said:
gayballs

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Sep 20,2005 11:34am
sorry. flagrant abuse of the quote function

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 20,2005 11:35am
what's the big deal? it's a metal show. be glad there are no nu-metal or metalcore bands involved. as far as tr00 kvlt black metal goes, there is none on the show. oh well.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Sep 20,2005 12:28pm
Its not a question of being "troo". It a well-known fact that train conductor hats and X's on your hands aren't black metal. Silly mortal...

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Sep 20,2005 12:32pm
hahahahaha

toggletoggle post by Mess at Sep 20,2005 12:34pm
chooo chooo!

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Sep 20,2005 12:38pm
The reason I dubbed that statement amusing is the mental picture it evoked. Which I doubt even has anything to do with this thread

Yes, I am bored. Very bored

toggletoggle post by Sinislazy at Sep 20,2005 1:10pm
Regardless of black metal bands (god, I wish Cyhreath was still around), this show's going to rock.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 20,2005 2:30pm edited Sep 20,2005 2:32pm
Christraper said:
Its not a question of being "troo". It a well-known fact that train conductor hats and X's on your hands aren't black metal. Silly mortal...

are there any bands with those gay hats and other hardcore fashion on the show? as far as i know, there aren't and i really hope there aren't. i'm fully aware that there is nothing black metal about that shit and i never claimed there was. i'm just wondering why all the classification of the bands really matters. as long as they aren't metalcore, nu metal, hardcore, or any other trendy crap, why does it matter? i don't get how my reaction is that of a silly mortal. i'm sick of seeing fests ruined by fagcore bands, so it sucks to see this fest overanalyzed even without those types of bands.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Sep 20,2005 2:37pm
balls of gay

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Sep 20,2005 2:38pm
I jest. Silly mortal. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 20,2005 3:24pm
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA indeed

toggletoggle post by bleddry at Sep 21,2005 9:32am
dreadkill said:
it's a metal show. be glad there are no nu-metal or metalcore bands involved.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD at Sep 21,2005 11:11am
BTW, to everyone who hasn't been to this place before, the sound there is outstanding. It's one of the best sounding, if not the best sounding venue we've ever played.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 21,2005 1:09pm
that's good to hear

toggletoggle post by bleddry at Sep 21,2005 1:10pm
something about the rafters and how they conduct sound, i think... it is definitely a great sounding place.

toggletoggle post by metaldave at Sep 22,2005 1:45pm
this is going to be an awesome time

toggletoggle post by |an at Sep 22,2005 2:26pm
still noone knows any hotels in the area for cheap?

toggletoggle post by bleddry at Sep 23,2005 10:13am
isn't there a best western or something like that on 195 in mansfield five minutes from windham? not that cheap, i'd guess, but then again it all depends on how many people chip in on the room. there have to be some cheaper places in willimantic which is also five minutes away, it's a very poor town/city.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD at Sep 23,2005 11:34am
Pleasant View Lodge Motel is only about five minutes away from the gig. All you have to do is go back towards Route 6, staying on Route 6 EAST, and you'll be there in less than three miles.

I called them and they charge $55 a night, don't know if that's more or less than the place you guys stayed at in Norwich...

(You guys know of course that if you need a place to sleep and don't want to bother with a motel, I have plenty of room).

toggletoggle post by Sinislazy at Sep 23,2005 11:58am
that is cheap!

toggletoggle post by |an at Sep 23,2005 12:22pm
yeah that is damn cheap, we paid that much at the comfort inn only because at the time our drummer's sister was a regional manager and got us a good deal! is the pleasant view lodge sleazy?? I.E. we can get there after the gig shitfaced and proceed to party all night with no interruption!? I'll spare you the pain of having us stay at your place man, it's really better if we don't have to worry about where we are and the destruction can continue unabated...

toggletoggle post by Sinislazy at Sep 23,2005 12:42pm
lol

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD at Sep 23,2005 1:57pm
Good point.

I'm not sure if the Pleasant View Lodge is sleazy since I've never been there, but it's in suburbia as opposed to a city, so that probably bodes well. (One thing though, the $55 rate was for a single bed, double bed was $75. I figured everyone would be passing out on the floor anyway though so it didn't matter.) Their number is (860) 455-9588.

toggletoggle post by |an at Sep 23,2005 3:45pm
Double beds are better, someone always pusses out first to get a guarenteed bed, then they are the target for getting fucked with all night. And, at the end of the night, you can fight your fellow band members for the last bed! Somehow last time I got the shit kicked out of me but I scored the bed. But for 25 bucks, the entertainment value alone makes it worth it

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 23,2005 3:56pm
i want to bring some beers down and party after the show at one of these sleazy motels, but i'm not sure if it will happen. i don't know how many people in my travelling group will want to stay down there so i may be forced to leave, but i'm hoping to do some partying.

talk to me at the show if you're partying. i'll be the goofy guy with the green katatonia shirt and black biker jacket.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD at Sep 23,2005 5:28pm
So far over 300 tickets have been sold in advance.

toggletoggle post by |an at Sep 23,2005 8:12pm
I don't think an additional 295 people can top the last show we did there, what with all the chair and ceiling tile hurling and whatnot.

toggletoggle post by ShadowSD at Sep 24,2005 12:14pm
TONIGHT!!!

toggletoggle post by bleddry at Sep 24,2005 12:44pm
ShadowSD said:
So far over 300 tickets have been sold in advance.

those are great numbers for an underground metal show, especially for one that's in the boonies of northeastern ct.

toggletoggle post by Craig nli at Sep 24,2005 4:22pm
im leaving for this now. hope to catch at least most of it

toggletoggle post by ARRIK_ at Sep 24,2005 6:16pm
Hey Shadow,, I hope you had a good gig...Mabye we will meet up on Oct 9th ..

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Sep 25,2005 3:45am
welp, no way near 300 people there, but all in all it was a cool show!

thanks to shadow and jeremy from oak knoll(and thanks for the excelent cd's)

all the bands played well! \m/

i'll write more in the morn i am way too tired from that drive and ohh yeah it's 3:45 am.

sleep

toggletoggle post by Craig nli at Sep 25,2005 10:16am
so yeah shroud kicked ass.... missed HBBSI. very upsetting. um, besides i got drunk and spent too much money on Oak Knoll merch, i have nothing else to say. DAN ROBINSON IS GOD ROBINSON!

toggletoggle post by hunterhunter   at Sep 25,2005 10:19am
im not gonna lie, I was not very impressed by this event. The bands I saw were sick, but come on...150 bucks to guarentee each band?? to rent a fucking barn in the middle of nowhere? where is all this money going? I saw like 25 people there at most for each band
discuss

toggletoggle post by Craig nli at Sep 25,2005 10:25am
yeah i basically went down to this to see/hang out with Shroud, which is always a good time. long ass drive

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 25,2005 10:38am
there were less people than reported, but overall, it was a fun day and all the bands i saw played great sets. i apologize for leaving midway through shroud's set. i wanted to stay for the whole show, but both cars i could ride home in were leaving, so i had to go. shroud sounded awesome and i wish i could have seen the bands that followed. thanks to shadow and all the bands and fans who made the day really fun.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Sep 25,2005 1:52pm
yeah the turnout was a bit discouraging, but hey i had fun. burgers were cool. i am glad the atnfac guys showed up, they always make the party!!!!! and we need to play together again soon craig! i'll look into the dee dee's thing asap.

toggletoggle post by NullFound  at Sep 25,2005 3:59pm
I had lots of fun there and all the bands were awsome, but I had to leave at 11 since my last ride was leaving. I was looking forward to see Suicide Dream but unfortunatly, I couldn't. Oh well, it was fun as fucking hell.

Peace, I'll see you guys and the next gig.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 25,2005 8:02pm
If anyone has pics from this show id really like to see them. mail me at soldierofdeth@yahoo.com

toggletoggle post by Craig nli at Sep 25,2005 11:19pm
dyingmuse said:
yeah the turnout was a bit discouraging, but hey i had fun. burgers were cool. i am glad the atnfac guys showed up, they always make the party!!!!! and we need to play together again soon craig! i'll look into the dee dee's thing asap.

definitely man. its been too long. we must confuse yet another group of people with fast blasts and slow doom! haha

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 26,2005 12:50am
anonymous said:
If anyone has pics from this show id really like to see them. mail me at soldierofdeth@yahoo.com

i know scott's friend took some pics during our set, and i think other people we knew might have some pics too. chris already has one of him from yesterday up on his gayspace account, so there are pics out there somewhere.

toggletoggle post by kellthevalkyrie  at Sep 26,2005 9:38am
The turnout was not that great, but the audience was small but full of gusto. My favorite part of the day was when I heard that Craig threw the empty keg into the woods so Mr. T couldn't throw it around anymore. HA!

I really liked this venue, too. If the turnout had been better it would have had a festival feel to it. The sound was great. BYOB is always good, too. It was damn cold.

toggletoggle post by Sinislazy at Sep 26,2005 11:40am
I played the most awesome guitar of all time.

toggletoggle post by MonikaHBBSI at Sep 26,2005 12:35pm
Some of the funniest things EVER happened at this thing.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Sep 26,2005 12:38pm
Sinislazy said:
I played the most awesome guitar of all time.

he's not lying. that guitar was the highlight of the whole show for me.

toggletoggle post by cav at Sep 26,2005 1:09pm
why do you judge bands because of what they look like, or dress like?? i thought it was all about the music on rttp! and for the record....FUCK SUBGENRES!!!

toggletoggle post by cav at Sep 26,2005 1:10pm
hey how do i include the persons post to who i am responding in my post. i thought i did that but i didnt. now my message seems so irrelevent since what i was talking about was at the top of the page. god damnit.

toggletoggle post by cav at Sep 26,2005 1:12pm
dreadkill said:
Christraper said:

are there any bands with those gay hats and other hardcore fashion on the show? as far as i know, there aren't and i really hope there aren't. i'm fully aware that there is nothing black metal about that shit and i never claimed there was. i'm just wondering why all the classification of the bands really matters. as long as they aren't metalcore, nu metal, hardcore, or any other trendy crap, why does it matter? i don't get how my reaction is that of a silly mortal. i'm sick of seeing fests ruined by fagcore bands, so it sucks to see this fest overanalyzed even without those types of bands.

ok i figured it out...this is what im talking about

toggletoggle post by cav at Sep 26,2005 1:13pm
and to make it a clean 4 in a row. i love my hat that makes me look like a train conductor ive gotten more compliments on that hat than any hat ive had in history. and i have some sweet fuckin hats.

toggletoggle post by thedeparted   at Sep 26,2005 1:20pm
you tell em cav

toggletoggle post by cav at Sep 26,2005 1:21pm
i will, i like my fuckin hat, sons of bitches!! haha.

toggletoggle post by Sinislazy at Sep 26,2005 1:45pm
Fuck the music. It's all about the fashion. That's why I hate myself.

toggletoggle post by kellthevalkyrie  at Sep 26,2005 3:17pm
MonikaHBBSI said:

HA! I agree.

toggletoggle post by |an at Sep 26,2005 5:03pm
MonikaHBBSI said:

dude flopping like a fish and professing love for dog
where are the kids that have that video tape?

toggletoggle post by MonikaHBBSI at Oct 6,2005 1:32pm
|an said:
MonikaHBBSI said:

dude flopping like a fish and professing love for dog
where are the kids that have that video tape?

Yeah! I want to see him headbang on the table again! I still can't stop laughing! He was awesome!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][11:36:28am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.02462 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]