New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Rhode Island loses another club. by Patnomalous on Sep 12,2005 5:34pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Patnomalous at Sep 12,2005 5:34pm
Well I just got off the phone with the Safari Lounge in Providence. They are closing their doors due to problems with the landlord. He will not give them a lease because he is selling the bulding. The safari has decided it will be better to leave they pay all the rent and get thrown out any ways when the landlord sells the building. I booked a show there this Saturday, September 17. The safari has told me it is still gonna happen. But this may be the last show there. I dunno. On the bill is Anamalech, Hircine, Anomalous .

toggletoggle post by kellthevalkyrie  at Sep 12,2005 5:42pm
Well, that sucks. They had no cover, and that was good. I went to some good shows there back in the day.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Sep 12,2005 5:47pm
this seems to be a developing trend

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Sep 12,2005 6:01pm
damn, the safari is my favorite club too

toggletoggle post by Have you seen my scene? at Sep 12,2005 6:44pm
So if I'm counting correctly, This year alone RI lost. The Green Room, The Call(on rare occasions they would have a hard rock/metal show), and now the Safari. I guess I'll have to go to Club Hell and listen to music on a loud speaker because there will be no live music clubs in Prov. The 70's are back. It's Dance Clubs or nothing. How gay!!!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 12,2005 6:47pm
what about a year ago...
the metcafe&lupos plus onleyville.

toggletoggle post by Patnomalous at Sep 12,2005 6:50pm
Yes sir, the club scene decline.

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Sep 12,2005 6:55pm
i'm glad they're doing the show...supposedly last night was the last show...there was no room to move inside and at least a hundred people outside. they ran out of vodka!!! i will be there mr. scrabomalous.

toggletoggle post by CarrotsandSticks  at Sep 12,2005 7:01pm
I went to school with "Success" (James) in Anamalech. He was really nice. It's cool to hear they're doing shows.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 12,2005 7:29pm
Well, hopefully some of you will travel to Newport, we have a cool club called Area Venue and some good stuff is coming through. Look for their ads in the Providence Phoenix.

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Sep 12,2005 7:29pm
At least it was not to a fire

toggletoggle post by CarrotsandSticks  at Sep 12,2005 8:31pm
I like the name 'Area Venue'

toggletoggle post by greggdeadface at Sep 13,2005 12:21pm
hey there are plenty of clubs warehouses out here for shows.goodluck with ya show patnomalous kisses and hugs from ya FRIEND not just when it is convenit for me

toggletoggle post by general zog at Sep 13,2005 5:00pm
good that place sucks, that's one crazy ass nigger that runs that place sharping his knife in front of people and shit what a nut

toggletoggle post by Jesus_Slaves  at Sep 14,2005 3:24pm
people should go to local shows. it would help deter events like this.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Sep 14,2005 5:03pm
jeter?

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 15,2005 6:49am
How about the hall on smith street? Lost that too.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 15,2005 9:38am
I wish club therapy would have more death metal shows. I don't know much about the backend of things for the vital remains show last year, but the show itself ruled.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 15,2005 9:46am
anonymous said:

well, it's an american legion...they're pretty accepting folks by nature...the guy who worked the bar was a pretty astonishing douchebag but I don't think we burned any bridges there for anyone.

I just don't think people have looked into it....they had 2-pronged outlets everywhere, which is just ridiculous.

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Sep 15,2005 9:47am
it could be a great place, but it's not set up for it. as you could tell the vital show was sort of pieced together, but i agree it would be awesome if they would do it. the truth is though, they make way more money doing raves. :/ lame.

toggletoggle post by thedeparted nli at Sep 15,2005 9:47am
yeah i remember that guy wanting to fight everyone because apprently he could not tell time.
he did how ever have a "huntin' for tail" shirt on

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 15,2005 9:52am
diamond_dave said:
it could be a great place, but it's not set up for it. as you could tell the vital show was sort of pieced together, but i agree it would be awesome if they would do it. the truth is though, they make way more money doing raves. :/ lame.

proof that bands should hand out glowsticks and drugs at shows?

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Sep 15,2005 9:56am
i ain't handin' my drugs to nobody bitch!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Sep 15,2005 9:58am
diamond_dave said:

doh :(

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Sep 15,2005 11:10am
brian_dc said:
anonymous said:

well, it's an american legion...they're pretty accepting folks by nature...the guy who worked the bar was a pretty astonishing douchebag but I don't think we burned any bridges there for anyone.

I just don't think people have looked into it....they had 2-pronged outlets everywhere, which is just ridiculous.

what he was saying is that they can't do shows there anymore. they got shut down by the man for not having an entertainment license. i always thought the people there were super nice, it was becoming one of my favorite places.

toggletoggle post by MadMac at Sep 15,2005 11:18am
Area Venue, sounds interesting, do they have a lot of metal shows???

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 15,2005 11:35am
dave, they were definitely nice as hell, we overall had a great time...the bartender just got really drunk and wasn't going to let Raising Kubrick play at all when there it was just after 12 and we were told we had until 1.

but otherwise, it was a great time.

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Sep 15,2005 12:48pm
oh i see. yeah he does that.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 15,2005 3:55pm
MadMac said:
Area Venue, sounds interesting, do they have a lot of metal shows???

They will with my guidance.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Sep 15,2005 3:57pm
What kind of club is it? Is there a sound guy?

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Sep 15,2005 3:59pm
i got a trick up my sleeve in providence... thats all i can say at this point...

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Sep 15,2005 5:38pm
Raper,

Yes it is a full-on professional club, think a nicer Met Cafe. Kinslayer has been there.

toggletoggle post by Have you seen my scene. at Sep 15,2005 7:00pm
Lead the way. If you can build it, they will come. How about the death fests you use to throw in newport back in the day. Dwyer has done it before. so it is possible.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Sep 15,2005 8:11pm
damn, newport is like 2 hours from me.

toggletoggle post by MadMac at Sep 16,2005 2:09pm
I honestly never thought there was a single metalhead in Newport. This is all news to me! I'm about 1.5hrs away but i'll trek it if you get some sick bands!!

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Sep 16,2005 3:51pm
im commin to this show, just to go to the safari

toggletoggle post by Patnomalous at Sep 16,2005 4:49pm
This is the last show. The place closes it doors this monday for good. It's in the Providence Phoniex. An article but, no ad.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 17,2005 1:55pm
bump

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Sep 17,2005 7:57pm
what time is this show at?

toggletoggle post by diamond_dave  at Sep 17,2005 8:58pm
music usually starts around 10 at Safari.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][4:55:20am Apr 24,2024
load time 0.01644 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]