New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Awesome Paul Di'anno interview by Josh_Martin on Sep 12,2005 3:35pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Sep 12,2005 3:35pm edited Sep 12,2005 3:37pm
RockSomething.com: What do you think about MAIDEN [performing] lots of your songs again with Bruce [Dickinson] singing on them? On the "Early Days" DVD you say that Bruce is the better singer.

Paul: "You must remember that interviews and filming usually end up highly edited, and I actually said (on various occasions) that Bruce is a better singer for MAIDEN as they became in their later years. I think Bruce's high operatic and theatrical type voice is better suited to MAIDEN's later material, but I honestly think he sounds like a fucking fairy when he is trying to fill my shoes on songs from the first two albums. My voice is aggressive and violent (kind of like me in a way) and it sounds like someone dragged me up from a low-class background and I was used to having a regular fucking good kicking (in the bollocks) every now and then. On the other hand, Bruce's voice is sang in The Queen's English — very politely and with all the letters pronounced properly, and you can imagine him practising his sword fencing whilst practising his vocal exercises. He sounds like a very nice public school boy (which he was) who used to sing in the local church choir after school and was an instant hit with all the old grannies. Meanwhile, I was getting my dick sucked by all the fanny in the park being the fucking animal that I have always been. Bruce is silver but I am gold, as simple as that really."

RockSomething.com: The first two albums are still often listed as people's favorite MAIDEN albums. Does this make you proud or do you wish at times that you could get away from your MAIDEN past?

Paul: "There are still a lot of people who seem forget that my voice was and still is a huge part of MAIDEN's past, and I am both happy and proud of that fact, as MAIDEN got there with my voice. However how comes some cunts make a big fucking noise about me singing 'Running Free' and the other classics, but when Bruce is out there singing the first two albums and trying to clone my voice, then that is perfectly acceptable?"

RockSomething.com: Did you ever listen to the Blaze-era MAIDEN?

Paul: "I try to not listen to shit."

toggletoggle post by dan_bloodblister at Sep 12,2005 3:38pm
hahahahhhaaaaaa

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Sep 12,2005 3:39pm
hahaha good answer to the blaze question!

toggletoggle post by Hooker nli at Sep 12,2005 4:07pm
He's PISSED eh?

toggletoggle post by shatteredliz on the LIRR at Sep 12,2005 9:51pm
I agree--I have a hard time listening to Bruce sing Dianno stuff

toggletoggle post by Hooker nli at Sep 12,2005 9:54pm
When they do Wrathchild it's terrible.

toggletoggle post by wade at Sep 12,2005 10:22pm edited Sep 12,2005 10:23pm
i agree about the first 2 records as they relate to bruce but you have to admit the band transitioned very well from Killers to the Number of The Beast. new, TOTALLY different vocalist and they made it work. I think the issue of Bruce singing the old songs is an obvious one and need not really be debated but Maiden could've EASILY died at the loss of Paul.

To me the fact that they didn't is a testament to the songwriting. TNOTB and Piece of Mind are both fucking awesome albums. I like a few of the other Dickinson records but I see those 2 as must've-been-challenges with which the band ran away beyond successfully.

toggletoggle post by ATNFAC_Vokillz   at Sep 12,2005 10:37pm
Iron Maiden is awesome. Bruce Dickinson (although he probably blows Halford on his offtime) has a great voice. Paul DiAnno is the only person who should ever sing a song from the first two Maiden albums. Blaze Bayley offered to lick my asshole for 20 bucks. Case. Point. Match.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Sep 13,2005 10:09am
Anyone who bitches about Di'anno singing running free ought to be shot

toggletoggle post by babyshaker at Sep 13,2005 10:14am
i enjoy killers alot and i dont really see bruce's voice fitting those albums i both enjoy di'anno vocals as well as bruce'sthere both two different styles

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Sep 13,2005 10:17am
I think Maiden are beginning to catch up with Venom in my favorite band ever race.

yeah both bands have wavered in quality here and there, but that was almost always due to personnel changes.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Sep 13,2005 11:11am
ATNFAC_Vokillz said:
Iron Maiden is awesome. Bruce Dickinson (although he probably blows Halford on his offtime) has a great voice. Paul DiAnno is the only person who should ever sing a song from the first two Maiden albums. Blaze Bayley offered to lick my asshole for 20 bucks. Case. Point. Match.

Didn't I see some Blaze Maiden in your cd collection the last time I was at your place? And some Journey? I think there was some Ace Of Base in there too.....

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 13,2005 11:48am
and Chumbawumba

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Sep 13,2005 12:16pm
oh shit! baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

toggletoggle post by Craig nli at Sep 13,2005 12:41pm
yes i do own the albums with blaze but i own all of them. and shut the fuck up Journey kicks ass. fag......

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Sep 13,2005 1:53pm
The blaze albums are your favorite arent they....
FALLING DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWN.......

toggletoggle post by babyshaker at Sep 13,2005 1:55pm
Christraper said:

your just jealous casue you didnt think about writing a song based on a michael douglas movie first

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Sep 13,2005 1:56pm

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Sep 13,2005 1:57pm
babyshaker said:
Christraper said:

your just jealous casue you didnt think about writing a song based on a michael douglas movie first

Youre right....

toggletoggle post by babyshaker at Sep 13,2005 1:58pm
hahah

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Sep 13,2005 2:00pm

CRAIG GETS KNOCKED DOWN!!! BUT HE GETS UP AGAIN....YOURE NEVER GONNA KEEP CRAIG DOWN.....

toggletoggle post by babyshaker at Sep 13,2005 2:03pm
i belive thats the second chumbuwumba reference of the day

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Sep 13,2005 2:03pm

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][1:16:31am Mar 29,2024
load time 0.01279 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]