New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> ATTN: Cryptic Warning by RichHorror on Aug 27,2005 2:41am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 27,2005 2:41am
Didn't know if you knew about this review. If not, enjoy.

Cryptic Warning
“Sanity’s Aberration”
This three-piece thrash/death out fit from MA is really awesome. First of all, anyone ever hear of this band called the Tori? Probably not, but they were a band from Richmond VA that sounded like Slayer is they’d been from New Orleans and didn’t have any vocals. Cryptic Warning sounds like these guys, but way heavier and metal oriented, and they do indeed have some death metal singing. “Sanity’s Aberration” is a killer dose of down tuned thrash with some “Master of Puppet’s” sounding riffs here and there, and a great groove that almost seems to have a sense of humor. The vocals are a mix of Cannibal Corpse and Hatebreed, and are only used about half the time given that these guys seem to have such a passion for just rocking out. This album was self produced with out a label and still sounds very professional. The base is a bit over down and is distorted every now and then, but given that this is such a cool CD in general, it doesn’t matter. In my opinion, Cryptic Warning have what it takes to be pretty big in the metal underground. They are talented and definitely have their shit together. Not to mention, the cover art on “Sanity’s Aberration” is one of the coolest covers I’ve seen in a long time. Picture Bowser (the dragon from the original Super Mario Brothers) in a Buddhist meditation stance with some other cool shit. It’s badass.
www.crypticwarning.com

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 27,2005 8:32pm

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 27,2005 8:40pm
it's funny cause I'm at a show that they are in attendance.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Aug 27,2005 9:37pm
That was in Bogus Rendition #5.

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Aug 28,2005 1:08am
Yep. I guess we have a review in the issue that's coming out.

toggletoggle post by Al Ravage at Aug 28,2005 1:42am
why is the cryptic warning website down?

toggletoggle post by rupturedzine   at Aug 28,2005 3:10am
Bogus Rendition is a badass little zine, I have a couple issues.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 28,2005 3:30am
bogus justin is awesome.
and he got arrested coming back in to the US on a train right before grindfest.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Sep 2,2005 1:44pm
hey, just saw this, thanks for posting it Rich. And Al, our website has been down because of problems with the hosting company. It should be up by now though, I dont know what's going on with the hosting company

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Sep 2,2005 1:46pm
TOO MUCH BASS??? ARE YOU NUTS??? YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH BASS, NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by metal_church101  at Sep 2,2005 2:58pm
Looking forward to seeing Cryptic Warning and sharing the stage with them at Reflections Lounge in Chelmsford, MA on Fri Sept 9.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Sep 2,2005 5:55pm
BornSoVile said:
TOO MUCH BASS??? ARE YOU NUTS??? YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH BASS, NEVER!!!!!!!!!!

is that what he means? I can't figure it out : "the base is a bit over down" is the direct quote. I thought that might mean it's too low in the mix.

toggletoggle post by ben nli at Sep 2,2005 6:07pm
he might meen "over done"

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Sep 2,2005 6:09pm
i was thinking that too, but trying to stay optimistic

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:watch out for plagues of locusts
[default homepage] [print][8:47:13am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01050 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]