New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> we need bands to play this friday 7/11 by dyingmuse on Jul 9,2003 10:40pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by dyingmuse at Jul 9,2003 10:40pm
at The Raven in Wareham, MA.
Must be there at 8:00
First band starts at 9:30.
please call Dan at 978.476.9161
or email shroud_of_bereavement@yahoo.com
Thanks!

toggletoggle post by tyagxgrind   at Jul 10,2003 10:35am edited Jul 10,2003 10:36am
*Ask more than 3 days ahead of time next time.

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Jul 10,2003 10:38am
where the heck is wareham?

toggletoggle post by tyagxgrind   at Jul 10,2003 11:01am
a better question is how do you book there and how much does it cost? I want to start booking kinda local shows bring back that type shit to the South Shore.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 10,2003 11:18am
seriously, whats the deal with this place. how big is it? since when do they do shows there? how much does it cost to book it? who do i get in touch with? lemme know, my email is lettersfromthedead@hotmail.com

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Jul 10,2003 11:19am
i think telling people where wareham is a better question
i never even heard of the town before

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jul 10,2003 12:38pm
Wareham is off 195...not too far from New Bedford

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jul 10,2003 12:42pm
Merge on I-495 SOUTH
Take the I-195 WEST exit towards NEW BEDFORD/WAREHAM, exit #1
Merge on I-195 WEST
Take the RT-28 exit towards MARION/WAREHAM, exit #21
Turn Left on RT-28

toggletoggle post by bullets_for_jake  at Jul 10,2003 12:52pm edited Jul 10,2003 12:53pm
ugh The Raven...the one time that i was there, i vowed never to return. its actually a Hells Angels bar, and its tiny. the stage they have you play on is like maybe 8 ft front to back, 10 feet side to side if i remember correctly...and the 'crowd space' is about the same size with i think 3 poles placed strategically to get in the way of everyone. veeeerrrrryyy shady place. some ass kept riding his motorcycle through the whole bar, but noone was gonna tell him to stop due to his size and affiliation with the hells angels, heh. and theres a bunch of bras hanging over the bar. not like that matters tho...anywho, its your call. id say the maximum capacity of the playing space is like...30 or so?

if you need anymore info on the place talk to the guys from in my sorrow (inmysorrow.cjb.net) or every dying breath (everydyingbreath.cjb.net) or that nightshift#### band.

toggletoggle post by tyagxgrind   at Jul 10,2003 1:59pm
haha. at least it'll be better than traveling 45 mins to play at a huge place yet no one shows up. i mean. nothing.

toggletoggle post by xmikex at Jul 10,2003 2:02pm
sounds like the tank. only instead of drug dealers theres bikers

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Jul 10,2003 2:30pm
bikers are awesome
holbrook has swarms of them
we also have shitloads of retired gangsters

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse at Jul 10,2003 2:38pm
ok you have totally scared me...but i went to the webpage and it actually sounds cool it says 150 people anyway heres the link to the raven check it for youre self http://www.rocknrolldin4skin.com/www/Raven.html
if its really that bad someone tell me. i did email the sorrow band to see what they say but ha hasnt called back yet.i got some bands to play with us they are the doppler effect melodic metal
ultraplush weird trippy shit (its my artists band) i havent heard them yet
and manifest progressive metal meshugga meets tool meets primus sounds real weird but cool

toggletoggle post by bullets_for_jake  at Jul 10,2003 3:46pm
dying muse - yeah im sure it says 150 total, but mind you, that place is also is a bar / pool room / other stuff, but the place they confine you too is prob big enough to fit 30. as for contacting IMS...

derryl's (singer) sn = Xbleakseason
dave's (bassist) sn = Xswtmercifulcrap

they do most of the talking when it comes to dealing with band nonsense. good kids too.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jul 10,2003 3:48pm edited Jul 10,2003 3:50pm
oh god..

The interior is a true road house type of atmosphere where you can carve your name in the bar, or leave your bra to be hung up on the ceiling.( rule is- you got to take it off at the bar, no cheating)

how gay...i was dragged into one of these place in NYC....I wanted to gag...what was it called...?

toggletoggle post by o.g.chica at Jul 10,2003 3:54pm

bleh

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jul 10,2003 3:55pm
hahaha that's it!!!

same girl who wants to go see Danny Wood in concert

toggletoggle post by o.g.chica at Jul 10,2003 3:56pm
what choo got against the new kids??
we need to take this outside...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 10,2003 4:01pm edited Jul 10,2003 4:04pm
there are a couple forms of gay that you don't want to be, elton john gay, prince gay, sly and the family stone gay,
but above almost all the gay you don't want to be is NKOTB gay.
that is uber gay.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jul 10,2003 4:04pm edited Jul 10,2003 4:05pm
hey..i know someone who has play their tape recently...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 11,2003 5:16pm

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jul 11,2003 6:22pm
don't forget to get your FREE slurpee at your local 7/11.

toggletoggle post by Disgruntled Band at Jul 12,2003 4:49am
Well, we just got out of the raven opening for Sroud O.B. I have to say that place SUCKS!!!!!

the stage was the only thing that was good. The sound guy wouldn't let us use our own equipment, lights or even our fogger. He told us there wasn't enough power on the stage for any of it. He also miced our drummer and NO ONE ELSE!! We sounded like SHIT. never again will we allow us to be bullied by a fucking sound guy (who was a dickhead by the way)

And for a system that was "8000 watts"(bullshit) no one heard us. We would have been louder with my stalk car sterio.

On top of that we were kicked off after 15 minutes for being to heavy.

I'll let everyone know, FUCK THE RAVEN!!

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse at Jul 12,2003 4:51am
i second that motion.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse at Jul 12,2003 8:37am
i must say despite all the gayness of the raven and dobbler and 13 winters getting fucked ...i still had a blast...i think everyone sounded the balls(except 13 winters' soud. they usually sound much better)i guess they usually do their own sound. they actually hung out at my place till 7 am,they showed us some other shows they had on video at their site...they souded the nuggets every other show... and im glad everyone showed up. i think it was a decent show-dan

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][3:59:35pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01270 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]