New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Ichabod/Palace In Thunderland/Uccultum & Debris, Inc. Sunday 8/7 at DeeDee's in Quincy... by Ichabod on Jul 27,2005 10:57pm
Add To All Your Pages!
Aug 7, 2005 Dee Dee's Lounge (Quincy, Ma)
debris_inc - 2005-08-07
Debris Inc(94)
flash animated slider show
ichabod - 2005-08-07
Ichabod(53)
palace_in_thunderland - 2005-08-07
Palace In Thunderland(42)
uccultum - 2005-08-07
Uccultum(29)
toggletoggle post by Ichabod  at Jul 27,2005 10:57pm
Debris Inc. (featuring ex-St. Vitus and Trouble!) next Sunday with NH doomlords Uccultum, spacerockmetal Palace In Thunderland and us. Come on down and show some love for the doom.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 27,2005 11:12pm
I don't remember if I liked uccultum or not...
but ichabod rules.

toggletoggle post by Ichabod  at Jul 27,2005 11:16pm
Thanks alot Rev! Uccultum are great doom with a rock chaser from southern NH...Bruce from the Hidden Hand recorded their CD and it's great if you like old school doom. Palace are really strange, but cool as heck. They're like a mix of art rock (early Roxy Music, Television, etc.) mixed with Sabbathy/Monster Magnet riff rock. Like 'em or not, they're original as all get out and you'll respect that in 'em.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Jul 28,2005 12:02am
mmm Debris Inc !

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 28,2005 12:04am

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 28,2005 12:05am
here's what I said about uccultum like 2 years ago

uccultum: the owner booked them so they were the odd band out. reminded me of 70's college rock.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Jul 28,2005 12:06am
wow those shows kick ass, i will be attending both !

toggletoggle post by Mary  at Jul 28,2005 4:57am
Hey Ichabod dude.. you don't happen to live in Salem, do you?

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 28,2005 6:47am
Uccultum. do they have a site?

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 28,2005 6:48am
just found it!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 28,2005 8:04am
what is it

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 28,2005 8:09am
http://home.att.net/~l.guimond/

they actually live in the same town as me.

toggletoggle post by Ichabod  at Jul 28,2005 8:46am
Mary said:
Hey Ichabod dude.. you don't happen to live in Salem, do you?

Um, I used to live in Salem, for a long time. Moved to Lowell about 2 years ago now....Why, who's this?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jul 28,2005 8:53am
lowell, haha.

toggletoggle post by Ichabod  at Jul 28,2005 8:57am
Lowell's not nearly as much of a hole as it was along time ago when I grew up there...the year I graduated Lowell High was the 1st year they decided to install metal detectors. It's not too bad these days though. By the way, thanks for helping my html-challenged attempt at posting that flier! And Ichabod would be honored to play RTTP sometime if you ever need to fill a slot....

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Jul 28,2005 11:20am
I got the Ichabod CD last time we played Evos. It is fucking stellar. Go to these shows.

toggletoggle post by KillerKadoogan   at Jul 28,2005 11:33am
i got an Ichabod cd from RRR like 4 years ago. i dont know what happened to it though.

also, i wish i could get into this show.

toggletoggle post by Ichabod  at Jul 28,2005 11:37am
Cool Rich, thanks man. I really dug your disc as well...it really brought me back in time! Great stuff...it was cool meeting you that night although I missed your set. Didn't miss the almighty Abhorred however...I'm still reeling from their set.

toggletoggle post by KillerKadoogan   at Jul 28,2005 11:48am
thanks a lot duder.

we do indeed need to play some shows together;
Ichabod, Abhorred, Conifer, and Continued without a Finding

or something to that effect...

DO IT!

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jul 28,2005 12:07pm
THE BATTLE FOR THE CROWN OF LOWELL
HELL WITHIN, BLISTERED EARTH, ICHABOD, ABHORRED ~ Please!!!!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 7,2005 6:39pm
I'm leaving for this show in a few minutes

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 7,2005 6:41pm
http://www.debrisinc.com/
pretty good stuff

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Aug 7,2005 6:44pm
my retarded boss forgot to send out payroll this week, i seriously have no money, fuck!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 7,2005 7:32pm
I'm on my way down now.
shibity
barring bad traffic, I should be there in 70minutes

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 7,2005 7:39pm
ok, traffic for the tolls before ezpass wasn't this bad all fucking summer

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 8,2005 12:33am
uccultum: they were much better suited in this environment than the last time I saw them. Some of it was 70s rock, but it sounded pretty decent. I think the guitar was lacking a bit and got lost in with the bass for most of their set.

ichabod: this was my 3rd time seeing them. The screams peaked out the house PA so it kept crackling. The echoy vocals and talking worked perfectly. I'm thinking it would have been better if the singer used 2 mic for the two different styles. they said they did a pink floyd cover, but I didn't know it.
it was also funny that dave was saying how good abhorred was and then the boys showed up.

debris inc: damn, that was really good. 1/2 their set was thrash-punk, like suicidal tendencies. The other was screaming guitar doom metal. I have no idea how he got his guitar to make those noises. Some of the thrash-punk songs had campy lyrics. I had listened to them online... Well, today I heard them... And they sounded the same live as they did on mp3s. And it was mixed styles, just like they do on their site. did anyone see the drummer kicking the hihat? I missed snapping a shot of it. They covered a fear track, "living in the city" as an encore too.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 8,2005 12:54am
palace in thunderland: ok, I seriously thought they were going to suck. the abhorred Jons and I had their drunken girlfirend telling us they were good in between yelling at old asian ladies about chronic chaffing (sp?). With that said, some of the slowed down melodic riffs they busted out ruled. I wasn't too keen on some of the vocals, but their to guitars harmonized together amazingly. Think RAOV's "running"harmonic riffs slowed down and mixed with one of those 70s hard rocking bands.

actually, as I am typing this review, the singers gf drunkenly removed her top and had her hi-beams in constant flash for the saint vitus guitar player. funny that I was just takwith someone about being worried about catching that sort of thing in a shot without knowing it. she yelled that she would flash for any band.... I'm sure all the pervs got their rocks off... but it was very odd for a stoner rock show unless manowar or alice cooper was coming on next... I mean this wasn't the rave tent at THE Wbcn River rave.

toggletoggle post by too bad at Aug 8,2005 1:17am
Too bad she was a fatty!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Aug 8,2005 1:54am
pictures are uploading.

toggletoggle post by Ichabod_ken at Aug 8,2005 9:58am
Great pics as always Rev! Top notch! This was a fun show...too bad more were not in attendance. yeah that PA crackling sucked ass! Dont usually have that problem on a big house system. I think the guy who was on the soundboard was also the same guy who was doing the door so he wasnt really monitoring the sound. Oh well it was kinda expected at a place like that. We play with Today Is the Day in a few weeks at MidEast upstairs......shit should sound better there!

toggletoggle post by dinger at Aug 11,2005 4:46pm
I wasn't too happy about the vocals either. At first I thought I was singing too softly, so I started throwing in some more screams, but that sounded even worse. Little did I know that the PA behind me was severely fucked, and was cracking and distorting, and also not at full volume, but the other one was cranking out some god awful vocals. It took me a good half of our shortened set to adjust to the problem, but fuck it. Uccultum were great, I do agree that the guitar got a bit lost, but the dude had just bought that kickass Matamp, it was his first show with it, so I'm sure he'll get shit down.

Ichabod were badass. I liked that they played some of a new song, heard that it's gonna be some kind of epic, that's cool. We'll be playing with them again tonight in Western MA.

Debris kicked my ass, what can I say? As a big fan of both Trouble and Vitus, it was an honor to share a stage with them, we were a bit surprised that they had asked us if we would play last, but hey, they're the ones touring, so fuck it. Apparently they were playing the next night with Bitchwax in NYC, and they were going on second to last, so they wanted to get used to that kind of idea/setup/breakdown type thing. Cool guys all around, hope to punish some shithole with them again some day. I'm sure we'll punish some other shithole sometime in the near future with Ichabod and the Uccultum dudes.

Thanks to everyone for coming out and making this one a success, even in Quincy on a Sunday night. We'll try to get more boobies at our shows to come, but our bubby Papa Green's hoes ain't cheap.

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Aug 11,2005 5:17pm
the_reverend said:
here's what I said about uccultum like 2 years ago

uccultum: the owner booked them so they were the odd band out. reminded me of 70's college rock.

haha I remember that show rev,yea they were odd band out ,on that night

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:today will turn for the worse
[default homepage] [print][4:36:47am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.02307 secs/22 queries]
[search][refresh page]