New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Perpetual Winter by Lord Viall on Jul 8,2005 3:18pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Lord Viall at Jul 8,2005 3:18pm
So some people have been coming up to us after we are done playing live and say, "I thought you guys were a black metal band?"

We all love black metal and that is what we wanted to do in the beginning, but we realized our music is not your typical black metal music.

We are all fans of the great classic black metal bands from Scandinavia such as Emperor, Enslaved, Burzum, Mayhem, Gorgoroth, Arckanum, Aeternus, Dark Funeral, Einherjer, Bloodthrone, etc...At the same time we are fans of death metal- Deicide, Vital Remains, Cryptopsy, Dismember, old Entombed, Litergy, Deeds Of Flesh, Behemoth, etc...We love metal and some of us are even into hardcore bands such as Darkest Hour... and 100 Demons.

Yes I do know that Behemoth are sometimes labeled a black metal band because of their early stuff.

Anyways each member of Perpetual Winter is a fan of some form of heavy music, such as our bass player, his Dad side of the family are all from Sweden, he is into black metal and death metal but he is also a huge fan of stoner rock and doom metal bands such as Fu Man Chu, Orange Goblin, My Dying Bride, etc...

So in the begining of Perpetual Winter we wanted to be black metal but then the music just spoke for itself and now we just tell people we are just a straight up metal band. We'll let you the listener decide what to label us.

I'm sure there are people out there who are saying we are not a black metal band or we don't play true black metal. To a degree this is our fault because it says we are a black metal band on our website.

We just like to play heavy music, drink beers, have a good time, and we like to create music from all of our influences. We'll play any show, black metal, death metal, power metal, hardcore, whatever, we just love to play our music.

So why am I telling you all this? Just so when you see us live again, your not expecting a bunch of dudes to come out with corspe paint and black robes. Corspe paint is cool and all, but a fucking hassel and silly at times.

Tommorrow is a great black metal show at the Bombshelter and for fans of that music this is something not to miss. Cold Northern Vengeance, Abaroth, and Horn Of Valere are talented bands from New England that play straight up black metal and they are all great to see live. Maybe they will have mead there for you all to drink, haha.

Who wants to miss Grand Belials Key coming all the way from Flordia? Another great talented black metal band from the states.

Perpetual Winter is just a metal band, and the listener can decide for themselves what to label us. Black metal, death metal, heavy metal, power metal-haha, whatever, all in all Metal is metal.

toggletoggle post by arillius   at Jul 8,2005 3:44pm
\m/ long live perpetual winter

toggletoggle post by mathais   at Jul 8,2005 3:52pm
right on.

im seein u guys at the palladium soon....dont drop...

toggletoggle post by deathtron at Jul 11,2005 1:19pm
You guys kicked ass at Club Octane. I'll be looking forward to seeing you guys rip it up at the Palladium!

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jul 11,2005 3:31pm
Bloodthrone aren't Scandinavian and GBK aren't from Florida...

toggletoggle post by Lord Viall at Jul 11,2005 5:30pm
Bloodthrone aren't Scandinavian and GBK aren't from Florida...

Sorry then, thought they were!

toggletoggle post by Lord Viall at Jul 11,2005 5:34pm
When I mentioned Bloodthrone, I was acutally meaning Blood Red Throne with TCHORT, sorry that I mislead anyone. Where the fuck are Grand Belial Key from anyways, Texas!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...think...edit...
[default homepage] [print][5:09:33pm Apr 23,2024
load time 0.00968 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]