New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Impeachment Now by infoterror on Jun 29,2005 2:12pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by infoterror  at Jun 29,2005 2:12pm
Impeachment Now

Most people cannot tell the difference between cause and effect. They see the effect and, passively, figure that if they slash at that, they'll end the problem. Then when it returns again, they're baffled, and figure some evil conspiracy has made a fool of them. They're partially right - the "evil conspiracy" is the limits of their own intelligence, and this is why our ancestors created caste systems: most people lack the capacity to participate meaningfully in politics.

Back in the 1980s, when our actor-cum-president decided that a war on drugs was necessary to save the American people, we had a festival of confusion of cause and effect. Drugs were the cause: not prevailing misery at empty lives, an excess of wealth and a dearth of worthy causes, or an overall sense of decay like the scent of dead rat under a distant eve. So we fought drugs and let the causes slumber, to the effect that this day drugs are as popular as ever, but instead we have a paramilitary police hiring millions to fight them. Because we did not see the cause, we adopted it as a parasite.

Another situation of note is the war on terrorism: by the very nature of this name, we assume terrorism is the problem, and not our fundamentally broken foreign policy that will leave us boxed into a corner. Our allies are obligated to be friendly; when our back breaks in the next Viet Nam, they will begin edging away, knowing that when every bully gets weak, out come the detractors who swarm around him and devour him, such that only bones are left. We assume terrorists have no cause, and are both cause and effect in themselves, while idly supporting their enemies and bombing their countries in the name of two religions that history has taught them are hostile.

Right now, many people want to put their heads back under the blanket and go to sleep after having swatted off the alarm clock, and that alarm clock is G.W. Bush, our President. He is not a cause, but an effect; the cause is a fragmentation of America and a lack of real solutions, so people tend toward the guy with the most realistic and simplistic answer to our problems. It is a fond but delusional hope that got him elected, and an equal and opposite deluded response that impeaching him will solve anything. He is not the cause, but its result; impeaching him will give us several more years of palliative democracy, and make our problems even worse because, like cancer, the gravest problems cannot be immediately seen.

If we wish to extend the metaphor, even politics itself only addresses effect. We have become so detached from the cause - the decline of our values, the loss of a culture in common, the loss of belief in ourselves, and the adulteration of our population with morons - that we believe an election, a handful of laws, or maybe a good war can solve our situation. No; we have taken it beyond salvage, as far as those means are concerned. Politics in this age deals only with effects, because to address the cause is to unmake our current form of politics.

Impeachment will strengthen our disease by hiding its symptoms. It will make us feel good for some time, while our failings within gain strength and, not being appeased, will return with a vengeance. It will make us popular with people who do not ultimately care about our welfare, as they realize that under both Democratic and Republican presidencies they have been bombed, invaded, or taunted with financial aid that comes with many strings attached. They do not confuse cause and effect: we are the cause, their misfortune is the effect. Therefore, they wish to see us go -- and quickly.

We might feel better, as if watching a cartoon, when we slay the dragon and go home in a golden wreath of symbolic glory, but this is also a case of confusing cause and effect. The dragons and parasites and enemies are here because we invited them, as our system rotted and we fought increasingly among ourselves, and we continue to invite them, because we have no values system to replace our original one, and therefore settle upon "if it's profitable, it must be good." That is like sending a battle-cry to the hounds of hell to come here, dress in suits, and begin tearing up the prize to divide and scurry away with. Impeachment does not address these circumstances.

I do not write this article in support of Mr. Bush, but rather out of lack of support for any of the candidates, and recognition that deposing one figurative head of government for another who will not solve the problem is like taking a massive bong hit and pretending the real problem does not exist. You do not fix problems by addressing effects, but by tackling their causes, and if your current political system makes it "offensive" or "unpopular" to attack those causes, then your current political system is part of the cause. It is it - that political system that prevents you from taking action - that you must impeach.

June 29, 2005

http://www.anus.com/zine/articles/impeachment/

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 29,2005 2:18pm
I swore he was elected cause people really really hate guys kissing.

toggletoggle post by exhumed4death  at Jun 29,2005 2:21pm
fucking beautiful

toggletoggle post by yodaslab at Jun 29,2005 2:44pm
FUCK BUSH, he should be tried on war crimes and sentenced to death. fucking disgrace to America,

toggletoggle post by dan_bloodblister at Jun 29,2005 2:45pm
yeah, that will probably happen.

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jun 29,2005 3:09pm
i loved uncle teddy's comment to rumsfeld the other day "mr. seceratary, in baseball it's 3 strikes and your out, how many does that apply for the secaratary of defense?" .....long pause.... "well mr. speaker that's quite a statement."

toggletoggle post by Jesus_Slaves  at Jun 29,2005 3:31pm
wow who the fuck wrote that? that was amazingly well written. i still think that the war on drugs is a far more dangerous war than the war in iraq. the war in iraq is of course bad, but the war on drugs is an unjustified war on home soil. over there we are attacking "terrorists" in an attempt to vanquish "terrorism". here those being attacked are stoners who havent really done anything wrong. they smoked a dried plant and are shunned like a disease. there is a bigger war on weed than there is on heroin or crack. i mean there are exceptions to every rule of course, i am only speaking generally. i think ending this pointless war on drugs should be the number one priority. stop prosecuting "innocent" people. i use quotations because no one is really innocent, but for the sake of argument in the situation of being arrested and jailed or fined for carrying or distributing plantlife, it really does denote innocence. i am a law abiding citizen, i dont bother people, i dont steal or do anything like that, yet because i enjoy partaking in marijuana on a daily basis, i am dubbed a plague on this society so that some bureaucratic bookworm can justify his argument that "drugs are bad....mmmmkay"

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jun 29,2005 3:46pm
of course it was well written, srp is a genius. i always get a kick out of people who can't grasp the reviews, cause they are so well developed, the true essence of wisdom.

toggletoggle post by cdan   at Jun 29,2005 3:56pm

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at Jun 29,2005 4:03pm
get some Manowar going here,
POWERRRR POWER POWERPOWER

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jun 29,2005 4:07pm edited Jun 29,2005 4:07pm
I love it when people try to act like smoking weed or drugs in general is 'NO BIG DEAL'.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 29,2005 4:21pm
I love it when people try to act like smoking weed or drugs in general is a 'BIG DEAL'.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Jun 29,2005 4:34pm
I love it when Rusted Angel reminds us all what a homo he is.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jun 29,2005 4:42pm
I love that you're a burnout and think everyone else is a homo.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Jun 29,2005 4:49pm
I love it when we all fight.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 29,2005 4:52pm
...mmm.... ass sex...

toggletoggle post by infoterror  at Jun 29,2005 9:03pm
HOT ANAL <3

toggletoggle post by ryan from HBBSI never logs in at Jun 29,2005 11:23pm
RustedAngel said:
I love it when people try to act like smoking weed or drugs in general is 'NO BIG DEAL'.

it really isnt. cops arent rocket scientists and if you walk around like you own the place they tend to leave ya alone

toggletoggle post by exhumed4death  at Jun 29,2005 11:35pm
thats some good advice, thats what i do, and i have no record (/angel smiley thingy)

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:twy again, dis time wid feewing
[default homepage] [print][1:37:22am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.03456 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]