New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> shroud of bereavement needs a drummer by dyingmuse on Jun 17,2005 6:22pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 17,2005 6:22pm
our drummer is going to college and moving back to the west coast. we found out last night. there was no hard feelings. so he said start trying drummers .... so

if you dig our music, have a drum set and are willing to dedicate yourself, pay band rent ( we have a large room) in haverhill mass. We have three albums in the works(one will be done next week) tons of show...blaaa blaaa blaaa please reply here or call 1978 476 9161 i'm sure by now peeps know what we sound like so i don't think we need a description. but if you haven't heard us go to www.myspace.com/shroudofbereavement there are a few songs up there. and also on www.soundclick.com

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 17,2005 6:22pm
i think this is the new trend....being drummer less!

GAYNESS!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 17,2005 6:23pm
OHH AND YOU NEED A CAR, TRUCK, TANK OR PLANE....CAUSE WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE PICKING PEEPS UP TO PLAY!

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jun 17,2005 6:54pm
You also need a new guitarist,vocalist ,keyboardist and bassist.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 17,2005 7:18pm
wow shitty news!!!!
Good luck guys....when is this going down?

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jun 17,2005 7:59pm
that sucks man. dan clarke is an awesome dude. when is he leaving? good luck with the drummer search. sucks to see so many good local metal bands losing their drummers. if dan is playing any final shows with you guys, i'll have to get to one of them and say goodbye to him.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 17,2005 8:10pm
he isn't leaving for seattle for 5 years i guess, but he starts college in dec....if he gets excepted...wich i'm sure he will. he's a smart dude. he just let us know now so we can start the search...you all know these things take forever.

and hey anonymous....seeing as i am the singer and the guitarist i aint too worried about that. mark aint going anywhere cause i'll rip his balls off. julie is very dedicated and the bassist is my roommate, and i think i'd hear about it. but if you mean a 3rd guitarist....sure bring it on!

ohh and anonymous posting is gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by reuben  at Jun 17,2005 9:08pm
Thats a real drag,dude, good luck.

toggletoggle post by DEATH2ALL  at Jun 18,2005 1:53am
drummers are hard to find these days. everyone should start playing drums.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 18,2005 7:39am
very true, they should

toggletoggle post by Sinistas   at Jun 18,2005 8:50am
I wish I could play drums, since fat drummers rule

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jun 18,2005 9:51am
dyingmuse said:
mark aint going anywhere cause i'll rip his balls off.

Dan, at times I think I'm more dedicated then you... You know I'm in for the long haul.

Just for the record, Dan Clarke is an awsome guy and this will have no bearing on our friendships with him. He is making the decision that's right for him, and in my opinion, if I were in his position, I would have made the same choice. He's got a family, and that alone is a full time job, plus if he gets accepted to school, then that's just like a 2nd full time job, on top of his 9-5 job, he wont' have time to give full dedication to Shroud.

I'm sure things will work out for us, but feel free to give Dan R. a call and try out!

toggletoggle post by Robdeadskin  at Jun 18,2005 11:57am
damn..we all are falling apart....im gonna start playing drums

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 18,2005 4:19pm
damn too many drummers out there

toggletoggle post by darkwingsunfurl nli at Jun 19,2005 12:04am
hey dan, its dan from frozen forest we play in c-18 now and i have free time i wouldnt mind trying out you know to help you huys out so your not stuck in a ditvh so to speak neways get back too me and let me know what you think.

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Jun 19,2005 12:12am
drummers are pussies

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 19,2005 9:29am
darkwingsunfurl nli said:
hey dan, its dan from frozen forest we play in c-18 now and i have free time i wouldnt mind trying out you know to help you huys out so your not stuck in a ditvh so to speak neways get back too me and let me know what you think.

right on man. that's cool. my number is 1978 476 9161 call me when you get the time! and we can arrange a rehersal.

toggletoggle post by DomesticTerror at Jun 19,2005 9:34am
if i could learn to play the drums, auto mechanics, and dentistry...
life would be perfect.

oh yeah, and if i could blow myself!

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 19,2005 11:36am
lol me too man. i wouldn't leave the house.

toggletoggle post by grundlegremlin at Jun 19,2005 12:07pm
Dan,I know someone who can try out. Howsabout Shawn?

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 19,2005 1:00pm
shawn who? send him our way

toggletoggle post by tsectpathogen at Jun 19,2005 3:13pm
Im interested, drummer from pathogenic

email me at tsectpathogen@gmail.com or IM Tsectpathogen

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 19,2005 3:43pm
we will audition any and all interested peeps. please do call me and we can set up a meeting, where i can give you a cd of the material, and go from there.

toggletoggle post by babyshaker at Jun 19,2005 5:05pm
u need to find a drummer i cant deal without the doom

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 19,2005 6:03pm
we need the doom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by ravenousdestruction   at Jun 20,2005 4:08am edited Jun 20,2005 4:09am

DreamingInExile said:
Dan, at times I think I'm more dedicated then you...

I doubt that.

No one is more dedicated then Dan. He writes all the music and then has to teach it to the band. He never misses practice and always pays band rent. He pays to make the demos and promo shit out of his own pocket. He books most of the show and does most of the promotions.

He spend 85% of his free time writing music and promoting the band.

Granted there are a few members of the band [ including you ] who do help out with promotion, money and whatnot, but so much more could be acomplished if everyone worked as hard as Dan.

Shroud of Bereavement was around for years before there was even a live band.

Dan is the mastermind behind the music and with out him there would be no Shroud of Bereavement.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jun 20,2005 7:22am
ravenousdestruction said:

DreamingInExile said:
Dan, at times I think I'm more dedicated then you...

I doubt that...

woah Layla... relax, I'm not undermining Dan's hard work, I'm busting his balls... never once have I ever said something like that and been serious about it. Dan works harder then all of us, so please don't get bent out of shape and realize that I bust Dan's balls all the time (did you see the pic of the flower guitar? c'mon I love bustin his balls)

toggletoggle post by dreaminginexil-nli at Jun 20,2005 12:32pm
bump

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 20,2005 4:23pm
ohh jesus....world war 3 between my guitarist and my woman....what do i do?

i guess i'll say yeah layla is right and that's why i love her so much....she stands by me no matter what.

mark i know you are kidding it's all good

now guys relax. we all know that dave does all the promotion and all the music was mysteriously written for me.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 20,2005 4:34pm
I hear ya Dan-o.
It gets frustrating when not everyone in the band is as dedicated and selfless, as you, or you might expect them to be.
But, I think ppl just go thru stages, eventually, you will be given a repreive of 100% of all band duties, and fuck knows we all need that from time to time.
A few months back, I was about 2 conversations away from saying, hey....guess what band, fuck off. But that passed and were stronger than ever. Well, that and my rig would never fit in my apt!!!

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Jun 20,2005 5:13pm
anonymous said:
You also need a new guitarist,vocalist ,keyboardist and bassist.

Fuck that, the music is already way to bad-ass for its own good, dont need to change a damn thing.

toggletoggle post by DreamingInExile   at Jun 20,2005 5:17pm
powerkok said:
Well, that and my rig would never fit in my apt!!!

I hear that man...

so, any more drummers want to try out??? PLEASE!!!!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jun 20,2005 5:43pm
anonymous sure changes his mind alot. first he wants a complete lineup overhaul, now he doesn't want them to change a thing. i agree with his latter statement. best of luck with the drummer search. hope it's going well.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 20,2005 5:43pm
i have one going to sit in tonight. but i want to try a bunch and get the right guy

i hear ya kok....fully

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 20,2005 5:43pm
thanks dread \m/

toggletoggle post by Distrust-Kevin at Jun 20,2005 10:33pm
bump

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 20,2005 11:02pm
yo kev!

toggletoggle post by tsectpathogen at Jun 21,2005 2:17pm
dreadkill said:
anonymous sure changes his mind alot. first he wants a complete lineup overhaul, now he doesn't want them to change a thing. i agree with his latter statement. best of luck with the drummer search. hope it's going well.

Oh shit, 2nd anonymous comment was me, 1st one was some other fucktard that probably has no idea what hes talking about.

And I'd love to try out.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jun 21,2005 5:38pm
i was just making a joke. i assumed the first and second anonymous posts were from 2 different people, one who was an asshole, and one who wasn't, you.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jun 21,2005 5:39pm
not a very funny joke, i might add, but a joke nonetheless. you should definitely try out for shroud. they're good people.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jul 3,2005 1:44pm
tsectpathogen said:
dreadkill said:
anonymous sure changes his mind alot. first he wants a complete lineup overhaul, now he doesn't want them to change a thing. i agree with his latter statement. best owe still need a drummerf luck with the drummer search. hope it's going well.

Oh shit, 2nd anonymous comment was me, 1st one was some other fucktard that probably has no idea what hes talking about.

And I'd love to try out.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jul 3,2005 1:45pm
we still need a drummer!!!!!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][4:05:42pm Apr 16,2024
load time 0.01753 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]