anyone?

man i feel so dehydrated.

i think that's what i have

ugh

horrible

anyone else ever get it?
if so, what were yer symptoms?

i'm running late for work and feel horrible
weird thing is that aaron and i ate mostly the same things yesterday...and he's fine

toggletoggle post by Scoracrasia   at Jun 6,2005 9:03am
I bet you ate a munched up cockroach. Poop I tell ya, poop as much as you can!!!

From Webmd.com:
If you develop food poisoning after eating contaminated food, the first symptoms will usually include nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. The time it takes for symptoms to appear, the severity of the symptoms, and the duration of the illness depend upon the infecting organism and your overall health.

Most of the time food poisoning is mild and passes in a few days. However, some types of food poisoning may be more severe. Salmonella food poisoning may last more than a week and require hospitalization. Botulism paralyzes nerves and can result in death. E. coli infection can cause serious complications, such as severe blood and kidney problems in small children and older adults. Toxoplasma food poisoning is dangerous to pregnant women and their fetus. For more information, see the topics E. coli Infection and Toxoplasmosis During Pregnancy.

toggletoggle post by Boots at Jun 6,2005 9:09am
i had it once. i ate sourcream that was a year old. i boght it from the supermarket and used it right when i got it. i mixed it with salsa and shredded cheese, so i couldn't really taste the sour cream with all that shit in there. i called into work for 3 days. i thought i was dying. didn't know what was wrong until someone asked me what i had eaten and i looked in the trash for the sour cream container and the expiration date was a year old. i opend the container and it smelled like someone burped, farted, and puked and captured all of the gasses and sealed it in that container.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jun 6,2005 9:38am
:(

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 6,2005 10:31am
whoah.. you could probably sue for that sourcream story.

toggletoggle post by Boots at Jun 6,2005 10:40am
the_reverend said:
whoah.. you could probably sue for that sourcream story.

i know. i'm pretty dumb. i thought about that after i threw the container away. i wonder if i could've gotten anywhere with it though?

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Jun 6,2005 10:47am
you definately would have won a lawsuit against the supermarket, anyone else you probably would have lost against

toggletoggle post by Boots at Jun 6,2005 10:53am
i should buy some sourcream today and wait a year and plant it in the supermarket so i can make up for it. i'm a blasphemous hungry bishop

toggletoggle post by joe/notcommon   at Jun 6,2005 10:54am
haha

toggletoggle post by ~Carina~ at Jun 6,2005 11:25am
so i left after 9 and then stopped at store 24 bought a larger cranberry juice (1 litre) and a blackcherry powerade also 1 litre...

drank half the cranberry juice and just puked it up a little while ago
i HATE puking
of course i'm in the bathroom and it's coming up and someone walks in and hears me

oh well

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jun 6,2005 11:37am
feel bettur
:o(

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Jun 6,2005 11:40am
I had food poisoning about a week ago but it didnt last more than 2 days. Basically I just puked alot and felt like ass. It was fun.

toggletoggle post by Hooker nli at Jun 6,2005 11:43am
piss out of ass

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 6,2005 11:51am
translation, no buttsex for a couple days.
color me blue

toggletoggle post by Hooker nli at Jun 6,2005 11:57am
pfff. turn around and it can continue. don't be a quitter.

toggletoggle post by mOe_rk at Jun 6,2005 3:08pm
HHAAAAAAHHAAHAHAAAAA!!!
I just had food poisoning the other day..well, yesterday. I ate some leftover chinese food (General Tso's tofu) late Saturday night. And then next day...BLAH...sucked. My HEad Hurt so bad and i puked Hahhdcore. I'm perfectly fine though. But, my immune system if extremely strong, as anyone who knows me can tell you.

toggletoggle post by Bradness nli at Jun 6,2005 3:27pm
mOe_rk said:
HHAAAAAAHHAAHAHAAAAA!!!
I just had food poisoning the other day..well, yesterday. I ate some leftover chinese food (General Tso's tofu) late Saturday night. And then next day...BLAH...sucked. My HEad Hurt so bad and i puked Hahhdcore. I'm perfectly fine though. But, my immune system if extremely strong, as anyone who knows me can tell you.

why, do you have a gauge that gives a read out?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 6,2005 3:28pm
you have to to hang out with blue and not catch a gay virus.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 6,2005 3:44pm
my brother just called.
he's got the same thing and someone at my cousin's house (where they bother were) had the same thing when they were over.

like I told her earlier today... it's a stomach bug, not food poisoning.

toggletoggle post by pisscup at Jun 6,2005 5:03pm
I just got over the pissing out of the ass thing today, definately not food poisoning.

toggletoggle post by kellthevalkyrie  at Jun 6,2005 5:18pm
yeah, i've had food poisoning a few times. basically i just vomited everything up that i consumed for about a week.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 6,2005 5:51pm
Hooker nli said:
pfff. turn around and it can continue. don't be a quitter.

no, he thinks i have a bug and doesn't want to catch it...he had his mouth on all my body parts yesterday afternoon so i figure if he's still ok now...he's fine

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 6,2005 5:56pm
i still think it's food poisoning too
i've never had it
so i dunno
i left work at lunch time and slept
aaron made me soup and i just had some
i only had a bit and it's all i've had all day but i still feel it in my tummy even though it felt good having it
now: head hurts a bit, bowels normal, tummy weird weird
dont think i'll throw up again
drinking powerade (same bottle from this morning)

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 6,2005 6:25pm
it's not food poisoning. I've had food poisoning and you are constantly vomiting like you do when you get it.

facts:
you & my brother brother went to a house that you didn't eat anything at.
at that house, someone was suffering from this same illness.
then you and my brother come down with it.
seems pretty cut and dry that it's a stomach bug.

if you went to someone's house that had a head cold and then you started showing symtoms, would you say it's allergies? no.

anyhow. I'm awaiting this alement now.. and getting ready by eating spicey indian food. if I get it, this food is going to burn like lava out both holes.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 6,2005 6:30pm
: post by the_reverend at Jun 6,2005 6:25pm

it's not food poisoning. I've had food poisoning and you are constantly vomiting like you do when you get it.
you mean i'm not constantly vomiting?
that because i hard a hard time throwing up

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 9,2005 4:08pm
ok, I'm pretty sure that I got it now.
stomach clenching... pissing out asshole.

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jun 9,2005 4:10pm
the_reverend said:
pissing out asshole.

post pics

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 9,2005 4:13pm
do you really want me t go into the bathroom?
he hates when i walk in on him pooping..

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 9,2005 4:14pm
ok...
the path to my bathroom:

my toilet:

[IMG][/IMG]

carina came in to help me:

toggletoggle post by an80smetalchick at Jun 9,2005 4:24pm
There is a stomach virus going around. knots in the pit of the stomach, pissing out the ass, vomiting, dizzyness, dehydration, gas, dry heaves, etc. Think of it this way, once you get the virus, you can't get it ever again - or at least that strain of it. Hope you guys get better soon. Stick to clear fluids and try to avoid caffiene and sugar based fluids, caffiene and sugar build acid and can irritate an already bad tummy.
xoxo,
Chickie

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 9,2005 4:55pm
wow... now, I know what people with cholera feel like.

toggletoggle post by Defnasty   at Jun 9,2005 5:56pm
your all gay

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jun 9,2005 5:57pm
Defnasty said:
your all gay

and they have diahrea too

toggletoggle post by Hooker nli at Jun 9,2005 6:13pm
you + are = ah fuck it. nevermind.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 9,2005 6:21pm
my brother just called and his gf ran in the house after work and booted.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 9,2005 6:37pm
yeah! the vomitting started oh, boy!

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 9,2005 7:11pm
Hooker nli said:
you + are = ah fuck it. nevermind.

i was thinking the same thing
heh

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 9,2005 7:17pm
I don't get it.

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jun 9,2005 7:21pm
the_reverend said:
I don't get it.

me neither.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 9,2005 7:23pm
*sigh*

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jun 9,2005 7:29pm
oh

i just got it.

you're

as in, you're all gay

I see that so often I've given up on trying to correct people on it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 9,2005 7:53pm
do you feel like lisa when she sat up all night trying to figure out that puzzle that everyone else found easy?
1,2,3,4, the next would be 5

ps: shitting and vomitting at the same time is neither comfortable nor liberating.
pps: At least I'm puking bile

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 9,2005 7:58pm
I've already puked/shitted out 4 1/2 lbs.
how is that possible.

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jun 9,2005 7:58pm
I feel like I didn't know what hooker was referring to with that post.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Jun 9,2005 8:46pm
awww man..he's puking tons! =(
poor aaron<3

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 9,2005 8:53pm
5lbs down.
it seems I lose 1/2lb when I shit and puke at the same time.

toggletoggle post by Hooker nli at Jun 9,2005 8:58pm
eat sand. that will soothe your stomach.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead nli at Jun 9,2005 9:02pm
Drink lots of water, will help you from ripping your stomache to shreds from puking up bile.

Succubus - food poisoning is VIOLENT reaction. It's not something you control, you puke every couple of minutes, depending on which virus you've gotten. Ironically, most food borne illnesses don't cause vomiting, the most typical symptoms are diahrhea and jaundice.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 9,2005 11:09pm
hint: if you think you have to fart, run to the bathroom.

toggletoggle post by davefromthegrave  at Jun 9,2005 11:52pm
did you shit yourself?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 10,2005 1:10am
thankfully, I did one for those "I'll let it out very slowly just to make sure"
when i felt water on my inner sphinxter, I ran for the bathroom.

toggletoggle post by an80smetalchick at Jun 10,2005 8:24am
what a mess!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 10,2005 8:28am
damn, ever inch of my skin hurts when something touches it. I was suppose to go to court and contest a ticket... but carrying a cup down stairs was hard enough. Carina called and convinced them to reschedule my ticket date *crowsses fingers that it's not july 5th to 11th.

I'm so dehydrated that my kidneys kill! I've also been mildly hilucinating. I tell you want, there's a reason that dogs/cats/cows aren't in Bush's whitehouse cabinet.

toggletoggle post by ~Carina~ at Jun 10,2005 8:33am
my poor honey!
We still need to set up a hotel for 1 night in San Fran...so I was up late researching places...then i finally fell asleep and aaron woke me up shortly after and i think i got 3 hours of sleep...
btwn rubbing his back and holding his gingerale cup and listening to his stories about animals in the white house and him asking me to jump up and down without my top on, it's been an interesting day

lol

toggletoggle post by an80smetalchick at Jun 10,2005 9:01am
From the sounds of it, skin pain, back pain, kidney pain, etc... its all dehydration. If the vomiting and diarrhoea continue for more than 24 hours you should seek medical attention.

During diarrhoea there is an increased loss of water and electrolytes (sodium, chloride, potassium, and bicarbonate) in the liquid stool. Water and electrolytes are also lost through vomit, sweat, urine and breathing. Dehydration occurs when these losses are not replaced adequately and a deficit of water and electrolytes develops.

The volume of fluid lost through the stools in 24 hours can vary from 5 ml/kg (near normal) to 200 ml/kg, or more. The concentrations and amounts of electrolytes lost also vary. The total body sodium deficit in young children with severe dehydration due to diarrhoea is usually about 70110 millimoles per litre of water deficit. Potassium and chloride losses are in a similar range. Deficits of this magnitude can occur with acute diarrhoea of any etiology. The most common causes of dehydration are rotavirus, enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli (ETEC) and, during epidemics, Vibrio cholerae O1 or O139.

Dehydration is the loss of water and salts from the body.

The human body needs water to maintain enough blood and other fluids to function properly. Along with the fluids, the body also needs electrolytes, which are salts normally found in blood, other fluids, and cells.

The body may lose fluids in a variety of ways:

when urinating
when you vomit or have diarrhoea
when sweating
from the lungs during normal breathing.
If the body loses a substantial amount of fluids and salts and they are not quickly replaced; for example: by drinking, the body starts to "dry up" or get dehydrated.

Severe dehydration can cause death.

The usual causes of dehydration are a lot of diarrhoea and vomiting. Dehydration can also occur if you do not eat or drink much during an illness or if you do not drink enough during or after strenuous exercise. Medications that cause fluid loss to control excess body fluid (diuretics) are a common long-term cause.

Although anyone can become dehydrated, those who become dehydrated the most easily are:

babies under 1 year old
the elderly
anyone who has a fever
people in hot climates.
Dehydration caused by diarrhoea is one of the biggest single killers of children in the modern world and diarrhoea itself is one of the major causes of nutritional loss and poor growth.

This year, about 2.2 million children will die of dehydration caused by diarrhoea - 80% of them in the first two years of their life.

What are the symptoms of dehydration?

The degree of dehydration is graded according to signs and symptoms that reflect the amount of fluid lost:

In the early stages of dehydration, there are no signs or symptoms. Early features are difficult to detect but include dryness of mouth and thirst

As dehydration increases, signs and symptoms develop. These include: thirst, restless or irritable behaviour, decreased skin turgor, dry mucous membranes, sunken eyes, sunken fontanelle (in infants), and absence of tears when crying vigorously.

Symptoms of early or mild dehydration include:

flushed face
extreme thirst, more than normal or unable to drink
dry, warm skin
cannot pass urine or reduced amounts, dark, yellow
dizziness made worse when you are standing
weakness
cramping in the arms and legs
crying with few or no tears
sleepy or irritable
unwell
headaches
dry mouth, dry tongue; with thick saliva.
Symptoms of moderate to severe dehydration include:

low blood pressure
fainting
severe muscle contractions in the arms, legs, stomach, and back
convulsions
a bloated stomach
heart failure
sunken fontanelle - soft spot on a infants head
sunken dry eyes, with few or no tears
skin loses its firmness and looks wrinkled
lack of elasticity of the skin (when a bit of skin lifted up stays folded and takes a long time to go back to its normal position)
rapid and deep breathing - faster than normal
fast, weak pulse
In severe dehydration, these effects become more pronounced and the patient may develop evidence of hypovolaemic shock, including: diminished consciousness, lack of urine output, cool moist extremities, a rapid and feeble pulse (the radial pulse may be undetectable), low or undetectable blood pressure, and peripheral cyanosis. Death follows soon if rehydration is not started quickly.

Dehydration
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Dehydration is the removal of water (Greek hydros) from an object. There are many methods of dehydration, with the most common being the application of dry heated air. This causes evaporation of the surface water, which is replaced by water internally.
Drying is often used as a method of preserving food and to obtain absolute alcohol.

In humans dehydration can be caused by a wide range of diseases and states that impair water homeostasis in the body.

Examples are :

infectious diseases
yellow fever
cholera
Shigellosis
common gastrointestinal viral and bacterial infections resulting in vomiting and diarrhea, also known as gastroenteritis.
external or stress related causes
Hyperthermia
shock
blood loss or hypotension due to trauma
prolonged physical activity without consuming adequate water, especially in a hot environment
dietary imbalances due to
nausea
restricted salt diets
excessive consumption of alcohol
other causes of obligate water loss or electrolyte abnormalities
severe hyperglycemia in diabetes. Excretion of glucose with urine (glucosuria) is accompanied with water loss. Water is the required solvent.
Symptoms may include headaches similar to what is experienced as a hangover, and lower blood pressure and a dizzy feeling when standing up which is called orthostatic hypotension. Extreme cases of dehydration can result in unconsciousness and death.

Correction of a dehydrated state is performed by rehydration, and the addition of necessary electrolytes.

http://www.rehydrate.org/dehydration/

toggletoggle post by ~Carina~ at Jun 10,2005 9:04am
whoah, now i'm worried and want to go back home! =(
we have gatorade at home and i bought him gingerale...
I'll be home early thank goodness and will call him in a little bit if i don't hear from him.
I just want him to rest so i also don't wanna wake him up

toggletoggle post by an80smetalchick at Jun 10,2005 9:10am
I'm sorry, didn't mean to worry you. If it goes on "more than 24 hours" that he's still losing fluids you should get him some medical attention.

Gatorade is very hard on the stomach because of the amount of sugar in it. When you're sick its best to use a product similiar to Pedialyte. It's very easy on the stomach.

Pedialyte® Oral Electrolyte Maintenance Solution — the #1 pediatrician recommended solution to prevent dehydration due to diarrhea or vomiting. Pedialyte is specially formulated for infants and children to quickly replace lost fluid

http://www.pedialyte.com/

toggletoggle post by ~Carina~ at Jun 10,2005 9:18am
ohhh thanks!
i remember pedialyte and that's a great idea..not cheap but excellent stuff!

toggletoggle post by an80smetalchick at Jun 10,2005 9:27am
They do make a cheaper equal generic one. I know they have it at walmart, supermarkets, drug stores, etc.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 10,2005 9:47am
I'm slowly rehydrating.
in a few minutes I'm switching to water (from gingerale).

I stopped being an ass-fountian around 3am. and I've haven't really vomited that much since 11pm.

toggletoggle post by ~Carina~ at Jun 10,2005 9:52am
i can buy some pedialyte and come bring it home if you want

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jun 10,2005 9:52am
wow that blows, I'm starting to feel like I'm getting bronchitis again. So I'm going to fill my perscription of meds during lunch just in case.

toggletoggle post by an80smetalchick at Jun 10,2005 9:53am
glad to hear you're recovering.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 10,2005 10:42am
I'm eating miso soup now...
lot's of electrolytes in it.
only thing is it has MSG in it.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jun 10,2005 10:43am
this is the first thing I've eaten since wednesday night.

toggletoggle post by intestineshredder at Jun 10,2005 11:30am
i got some food poisoning from raw oysters about 2 months ago, man i was throwing up grey- gooey nuggets for almost 5 hours, fucking disgusting!

toggletoggle post by an80smetalchick at Jun 10,2005 11:32am
nothing is worse than vomiting meat

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole   at Jun 10,2005 1:02pm
I got food poisoning from a chinese place in Franklin. I peed out my ass every 5 minutes for a week. Absolutly horrable. My ass looked like the beginning of terminator 2.

toggletoggle post by ~Carina~ at Jun 10,2005 1:20pm
Franklin, MA?
whoah..i used to live there
which restaurant was it?

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Sep 1,2005 11:47pm
I forgot how hilarious this was

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 1,2005 11:49pm
I got food poisoning once...I vomitted up a mexican burrito...couldn't eat or drink anything but water for 3 days

toggletoggle post by Todd NLI at Sep 2,2005 7:08am
You all were doing this I bet

Yes, you can definitely get sick from eating poop, even in minute quantities! Although urine emerges sterile from the body (unless the person has an infection), poop emerges loaded with bacteria and sometimes other life forms. Many diseases, including food poisoning

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Slaughtered Fatal Vampire
[default homepage] [print][3:42:39pm Apr 23,2024
load time 0.02831 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]