New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> HCN's last show here for a long time. by hoser on Jun 4,2005 9:41am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by hoser at Jun 4,2005 9:41am
Bombshelter

Manchvegas, NH

Tonight 8pm Doors

Come if you would like, it's our last show here for a very long time.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 4,2005 11:33am
prolly more like ever.
Unless they magically offer us some sweet national act.
Ya right.

toggletoggle post by Todd NLI at Jun 4,2005 7:53pm
I am off to this now,If it was not for you guys I would not even step foot in that place again....SO make it good!!!

toggletoggle post by the reverend nli at Jun 4,2005 8:19pm
Sorry, my chest still hurts from af there.
Have a good night

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Jun 4,2005 8:21pm
goodluck guys !

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 4,2005 8:57pm
shit guys! i just got home now from maine.....i was planning on going. we are trading work hours (masonry) for recording time so the only time i can do it is the weekends....1 and 1/2 hour ride to portland. shitty i made 2 yards of crete by hand. good luck, and whats with the not playing for a long time?????? what happened?

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Jun 4,2005 9:09pm
no no Dan last show at the Bombshelter for a long time.

that place is slowly eroding to bonersville.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 5,2005 11:24am
i see! bummer indeed...i love the bs!

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 5,2005 11:35am
Ahh no prob....you didnt miss much.
Serge did sound last night, and wow.....wow
thats all I can say
The onstage sound was SO bad, that we actually lost our place in a song, and had to fucking stop. Im talking NO vocals onstage. NONE.
No drums onstage (as usual, but it seemed even worse lastnight)
That was the first time thats ever happened to us, and the last.
At first they wouldnt let Todd in, then finally they did, so that was cool.
Other bands were cool, except for some band serge threw on the bill that was definitley out of their element, sounding like the deftones.
The singer was all 'this next song is for the ladies' and 'WHATS UP MANCHESTER!!' to 5 ppl on the floor.

Oh....and the whole video thing didnt even happen, because the guy DIDNT FUCKING SHOW UP

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
All in all...it was a perfect ending of a chapter in the book of HCN.

toggletoggle post by hoser at Jun 5,2005 11:35am
Well....the show last night really was great. Here's my review.

1st band: By far one of the coolest bands that I've seen. If these guys got a good vocalist, they really have something cool and different going on. Guitars, bass, drums....all super talented. Found out later that this was Otto from RTTP's band....Enjoyed the set. Get a fucking vocalist, and ya got it made.

2nd Band: Not bad. Didn't give me a warm boner, but not bad at all.

3rd Band: Sounded like they have been influenced by the Deftones....A LOT. Decent set, had some cool fans, but disappeared immediately following their set...UBER GAY.

HCN: One of the best sets I personally thought that we have ever played at the BS. UNTIL song #12 (I have no idea what our song names are)...we fucking boned it up royally and quit playing it. Gay, but what can you do? We still played ferociously, and I was all in all very happy with the set.

Sacreligion: Cool shit. I like their set a lot. Very creative stuff. The keyboard player needs to be used more...there were a lot of parts that I thought that I would have him pounding the keys, because I love keys in metal. Utilize him more, the rest of you are great. Especially when Guitar #1 broke his string and improvised the rest of the set....killer job. I would have wussed out and changed the string....Ballsy.

The BS was in typical form...the floor was soaking wet and slippery as hell, stunk like mold, and just an annoying place to be. I was happy that they let Todd in after some finagling, and we had a decent night. I got to bed at 3 am and just got outta bed. God Bless Metal.

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at Jun 5,2005 11:40am
man, i really wish i was there to support you guys, and beleive me i would rather have been there than in portland! cheers to hcn for fucking rocking!!!! looks like we need to do some shows together, that arent at the bs!!!!! \m/

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Jun 5,2005 12:22pm edited Jun 5,2005 12:25pm
Yes , Thanks to Jake and his " finagling", I was let in,That was cool as hell,all I was there to do was see HCN and that was it,I missed the first 2 bands, I was outside chatting, One of the other guys that works there was talking to me for a bit, then dissappeared,he came back minutes later,telling me "you can't go in", I was like what?,He apparently had gone and told Serge I showed up and Serge told him to tell me I was not welcome(Although in a much more abrasive way), I was actually surprised that Serge himself would not come and tell me this himself,In the end Kathy came and told me I could come in. And I got attitude from Serge and Jared(the other employee working) the rest of the night.All I know is Jake had a hand in getting me in.,Thanks man you rock! All the way home I wanted to call Serge and leave a nasty message on his Voice mail, but that would make me just as much of a dick as him not coming out to tell me himself that I was not welcome. Oh yea ,One possible theory ,did not fit that show at all, And The"Sac" was awesome last night.And HCN tore shit up as usual.Did anyone else wanna deck Nolin last night?That guy should not be allowed to drink ,he becomes a total dick!

toggletoggle post by Otto/BOL (NLI) at Jun 5,2005 2:56pm
I had a great time checking out HCH, Cryptonyn, and Sacreligion.
I was great to see other local bands really tear it up liek nobody's business. The sound sucked but what do you expect when Serge is working the board. i guess you don't play the 'shelter if you want to sound good.
Anyways, Hoser and PowerKok, you guys are both incredible guitar players, very very talented. Despite all the bullshit i thought you guys had the best set out on anyone there last night.
No disrespect to anyone else . Sacreligion played great as well but got shafted having to play last.

toggletoggle post by Otto/BOL (NLI) at Jun 5,2005 2:59pm
that third band that played was super gay. It's one thing if you have certain influences. whatever, i won't judge anyone on what they are into.
But don't fucking leave and take your "fans" with you. I felt bad for those guys in Sac., 'cause they organized the show and got fucked playing at 1 int he morning to 10 people.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jun 5,2005 3:50pm
that happens every time we play there...i even called it here

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jun 5,2005 3:52pm
overall a good time though...at least it was nice out and there was a giant spider maiming flies left and right

i'm also glad the the best bands were the ones i got on the show...it certainly gave me a warm boner

toggletoggle post by Jesus_Slaves  at Jun 7,2005 1:20pm
yeah that giant spider made the whole night. that spider was so kvlt. bahahahaha Hand Choke Neck had some brutal fucking break downs. we should play together more.

toggletoggle post by neck throatist at Jun 7,2005 3:48pm
hell ya you guys were wicked pissed (that means good)
sorry about my wicked hammered buddy talking shit.
jake its called my bleeding halo.lol

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 7,2005 3:52pm
thanks Sac.

Mark, whatd yer buddy do?

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jun 7,2005 4:35pm
he was just being a drunkard...he stopped after one song...maybe two

another warm boner ensued

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 7,2005 4:36pm
sweet!
warm boners are super.

toggletoggle post by SacreligionNLI at Jun 7,2005 4:38pm
i'll say!

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][9:23:29am Apr 25,2024
load time 0.01913 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]