New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> July 16th-Hand Choke Neck, Life At Zero, THYK-Uptown tavern by powerkok on Jun 1,2005 10:23pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 1,2005 10:23pm

Anybody that has been to the Uptown, knows the size. This show is gonna RAWK.
Help us pack the place by getting 4 ppl there.lol.
No seriously, come down and pack the friggin schleptown. It shouldnt be hard. Its a pretty small venue. But fun with the right bands.
Please?

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jun 2,2005 8:54am
This should be interesting. I wonder if the Schmucktown people know how painfully loud it will be in there.

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Jun 3,2005 2:05pm
I hate that place,I may stop by though,You guys did killer packing milly's, This one should be no problem. Do you have to bring your own PA? I know they do not have much of one there at all.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 3,2005 2:56pm
Ya, I think were gonna regardless, because their PA is like 2 10s and a monitor.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jun 3,2005 3:26pm
powerkok said:
Ya, I think were gonna regardless, because their PA is like 2 10s and a monitor.

Sweet, nothing like a 40 watt stage presence -- the Mummies?

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 3,2005 3:32pm
heh....40 watts of metal!!!

when U guys played there, u didnt mic anything, correct?
You think they would oppose to us micing the drums?

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 3,2005 3:33pm
Also.....this show IS confirmed right?
I heard from the brothers neighbors barbers carpool partners friend that it is, but I wanna make sure.

All I know, is if we show up with our equipment, were fucking playing.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jun 3,2005 3:41pm
Dude, we've never played there, so I have no idea. Also, I have no idea if this is confirmed or not. Mike mentioned it to me awhile ago and said someone from the UT would call me. No one ever did and I forgot about it. I then heard it was back on from the brothers neighbors barbers carpool partners friend. I then saw your flyer and post and figured you knew what was going on. Didn't Beard #1 set this up -- would he know anything about it?

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 3,2005 3:50pm
hahahaha beard #1
Yeah, he did tell me about this, but I think it was thru Mike, like you said.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jun 3,2005 4:22pm
powerkok said:
hahahaha beard #1
Yeah, he did tell me about this, but I think it was thru Mike, like you said.

So pretty-boy is behind this! I'll try to call him over the weekend and have him get in touch with the UT people.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 3,2005 6:03pm
k, cool.
LOL pretty boy.
He came runnin up behind me the other night and tried to sneak attack me while I was walkin back from the pisser.
I heard someone comin up behind me fast, cocked back Mr. Right, and almost toggled his off switch!!

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jun 7,2005 8:18am
HAHA -- anyways I talked to Mike and he is sure this show is all set.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 7,2005 10:11am
super duper.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jun 21,2005 8:26am
And bump.

toggletoggle post by dreaminginexile-nli at Jun 21,2005 8:34am
shit... we're playing Portland ME this night with By Blood Alone... I'd love to see all you guys again.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jun 28,2005 9:33am
Come see this catastrophe. This place is very small, therefore this will be very, very loud. On Elm Street in downtown Manchester, for all those who don't know.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 29,2005 2:35am
TTT

Drawing nearer.

I expect to be banned from this place after this show.

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Jun 29,2005 7:23am
this will be a fun show,Get there early though, like they said it is very small and will fill fast,especially on a Saturday

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jun 29,2005 9:39am
Well, I think any regulars will run for the door after the 1st 3 notes.

toggletoggle post by hoser at Jun 30,2005 12:46pm
I'm in agreement. Last time I played there we got shut down because we were "WAY TOOOOO LOUD, GUY!!"

Fuck 'em....lets see how far into this show we get.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jun 30,2005 2:51pm
My amp goes up to 11.

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Jun 30,2005 5:33pm
This will get shutdown then ,Probably

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 30,2005 7:12pm
We are planning on bringing our own PA too...heh.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jun 30,2005 7:14pm
and smoke machines and flamethrowers and glitter confetti.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jul 1,2005 3:37pm
Bump for glitter confetti.

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Jul 2,2005 2:10pm
Will you be sporting the poison shirt and big glasses at the show,kok?. It will fit with the smoke machines and confetti real well.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 2,2005 2:24pm
hahahahaha....Im thinkin that was a once in a lifetime thing!!!!

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 2,2005 2:26pm
this time, its bannana hammock, extra low guitar strap to show the fruit, and nipple glitter. (itll match the confetti)

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jul 8,2005 12:03pm
Bump

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 8,2005 12:20pm
So, I recently heard that the soundman @ the uptown charges 50$ a band to do sound!!
That is without a doubt retarded beyond belief.

But, since we dont have drum mics...it looks like were gonna havta pay that stupid fucking fee.

Any suggestions?

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jul 8,2005 12:44pm
suggestion: cancel the show. Why pay that fee when you guys and LAZ can just go jam at your practice space for free. Invite some friends over....

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jul 8,2005 12:49pm
RustedAngel said:
suggestion: cancel the show. Why pay that fee when you guys and LAZ can just go jam at your practice space for free. Invite some friends over....

Yeah, and we won't have to move any equipment. I'm OK with paying dude the lousy $50 if we actually get paid for this abortion (like at Milly's - the soundguy got paid and so did all the bands). But I don't see too many people fitting into the Uptown and paying a cover. What do we even need a soundguy for? The place is tiny - we could just bring our PA and half-ass rig the snare and kick like we do in the jam space.

toggletoggle post by Septicemic  at Jul 8,2005 12:54pm
Haha, nice flyer, where was that pic taken @ Your place Jessee?? You must be the one sporting that knife.

lol

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 8,2005 12:59pm
RustedAngel said:

Well....theres 2 problems with that...1 is I alone have about 15 ppl showing up, and 2 were not allowed to have friends in our jamspace.
Ya, 1 or 2 or 3 is ok, but when they see big traffic in the hallways going to one room, they get suspicious and they will evict us.
They have cameras too.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 8,2005 1:03pm
Septicemic said:
Haha, nice flyer, where was that pic taken @ Your place Jessee?? You must be the one sporting that knife.

lol

Ya that goat was talkin smack, and kept trying to bite my dink!!!
I taught him!

toggletoggle post by Septicemic  at Jul 8,2005 1:08pm
Good, those dink-biting goats need to learn some manners!

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 8,2005 1:11pm

Is that fucking Matty P on drums with thyk??

I knew he was in Thyk for a while, but I didnt know that he had done shows with them.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 8,2005 1:13pm
largefreakatzero said:
The place is tiny - we could just bring our PA and half-ass rig the snare and kick like we do in the jam space.

Ya good point. Lets just do that.

toggletoggle post by Septicemic  at Jul 8,2005 1:15pm
Yup, there he is, and yes thats Matt on drums. athink I was at that show, too.

>

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jul 11,2005 8:38am
According to Mike, we have to get there at 7:30 for some gay reason.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jul 12,2005 9:13am
Yo Kok, did you hear about the above?

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jul 14,2005 3:57pm
And bump

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 14,2005 4:03pm
ya...were meetin down there at 3 to go over our new songs. I guess well all head there together, whenever.
Nick said Jeff is gonna bring some pa stuff too., so it looks like well be able to mic the whole kit!!

Should be fun.

toggletoggle post by hoser at Jul 14,2005 5:07pm
Man, I have a nasty feeling that this place is gonna be fucking jam packed. Woo_Hoo......this will be so much fun.

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Jul 14,2005 5:20pm
Hey Nolin,you are goin to this right?....If so, can ya remember to bring that CD for me?. I may even buy ya a beer .....

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Jul 14,2005 5:22pm edited Jul 14,2005 5:23pm
That is an old picture of thyk,That guitarist is not in the band anymore ,is he? ,eh whatever...I'm only there for HCN and LAZ anyways...If I getback from boston in time

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 14,2005 10:32pm
sweet, hope to see ya thurr.
anyone else, feel free to come check it out.
Obviously.
But Im not expecting you to.
Unless you want to.
If ya want.
Itd be cool.
Ok
Im done.

toggletoggle post by hoser at Jul 15,2005 12:30am
schpork!

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Jul 15,2005 2:41am
doors @ 8PM?? Is there a cover??

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jul 15,2005 9:07am
No idea. I'll be down to the jam space around 5:30 or 6:00 to change my rusty strings. Maybe we should send some envoys over there before we load up a shitload of equipment to make sure everything is all set and there are no gay stipulations that come with playing there.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 16,2005 1:58pm
One final bump from the Kokist.

If yer goin, I'll see ya there.

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Jul 16,2005 5:44pm
Bump!! for HCN,LAZ oh and that other band too

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Jul 17,2005 3:58am edited Jul 17,2005 4:02am
Wow what a killer show that was...Hot as a muthafucker in there though,I had to keep goin outside to get a breath of air.Life at Zero was sick, The 2nd Guitarist really makes a big difference it was great. HCN was killer as usual,The new songs you guys played were awesome.I can't wait til both bands get new CD's out ,man.....And oh man that Disinterment Cd is so sick,Downsy is awesome on the kit nowadays,Thanks Nolin you drunk fuck for hookin me up with that Cd

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Jul 17,2005 8:05am
Ya....fun time. I was happy with our set, and it was great to hear LAZ w/ 2 guitars!!
awesome set bros.
Andy's backing vox sound KILLER!!!!
Ive never heard them like that before.

Thyk is so fuckin metal.
Cuz all night they kept askin 'how the fuck are you motherfuckers in motherfucking manchester to-niiiightahhhh!! are you ready to fucking rock manchester-ahh'

toggletoggle post by dwellingsickness at Jul 17,2005 7:23pm
all hail the Manchester Metal Chapter

Powerkok ,you guys need to be members of this shit!

toggletoggle post by Septicemic  at Jul 18,2005 12:00pm
Yeah that show was killer. LAZ sounds so much better with 2 guitars, and i think Nick is blasting faster than he used to. Very impressive. Hats off, guys. HCN, also with the killer set. Its tighter than ever, you guys sounded great.\m/\m/

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Jul 18,2005 12:46pm
Thanks guys, it's definitely nice to have 2nd guitar (gives me someplace to hide!) Anyway, I was expecting total suckage, but this show was pretty fun, I'd play there again. HCN, you guys sounded tighter than a nun's, errr, habit. Thanks to everyone that came out for this.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:typos add character
[default homepage] [print][2:30:24pm Apr 18,2024
load time 0.02053 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]