New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Opeth signs with Roadrunner by Sinislazy on May 20,2005 12:35pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Sinislazy at May 20,2005 12:35pm
http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/ne....aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=36980

"As BLABBERMOUTH.NET first reported on April 18, OPETH mainman Mikael Åkerfeldt has now officially confirmed to MTV.com that the band have finalized a deal with New York's Roadrunner Records, bolstering an imposing roster that already includes KILLSWITCH ENGAGE, SLIPKNOT, OBITUARY and CRADLE OF FILTH.

Åkerfeldt disclosed several details about the band's forthcoming, self-produced opus. The follow-up to 2003's acoustic masterpiece, "Damnation", and OPETH's first disc in years without producer Steve Wilson, the album will include "Ghost of Tradition", "The Baying of the Hounds" and "Isolation Years".

"Musically, 'Damnation' was an experiment for us," Åkerfeldt told MTV.com. "It also helped us to develop our sound. So this time around, you can say the overall record is going to be heavy-sounding. There's also a couple of songs that are more in the style of 'Damnation', so to speak. We also have a new member in the band, our keyboard player, Per Wiberg. So we have some vintage keyboards this time around on the heavy material as well. Overall, this one is heavy."

Åkerfeldt said OPETH will finish the record before month's end and expect to release it as early as late August. He also said they'll play some new material this summer as part of the inaugural Sounds of the Underground tour.

"We've never done anything like [a festival tour] before, but this is a new thing, so we're excited," he said. "It's a good chance to reach out to people who've never heard from us. I'm also looking forward to seeing STRAPPING YOUNG LAD and CLUTCH perform. Many of the bands on the tour I've never heard of." "
Informational and Related Links
Bands:

Opeth

toggletoggle post by litacore   at May 20,2005 12:42pm
HAHAHAHA, Roadrunner, the coyote's after you
Roadrunner, if he catches you you're through . . .

. . . and then he'll force you to listen to Deicide all day

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at May 20,2005 1:13pm
i knew this was coming, but it still disappoints me. hopefully roadrunner won't gay up the new album

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at May 20,2005 1:15pm
when did mtv.com start giving a shit about opeth?

toggletoggle post by mOe_rk at May 20,2005 1:15pm
oh, gay it up they will...roadrunner's got that effect on bands

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at May 20,2005 5:05pm
DEICIDE is on Earache now.

toggletoggle post by Niccolai   at May 20,2005 6:11pm
Fuck Opeth

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 20,2005 6:53pm
I heard opeth's next CD will have on of the guys from slipknot on it and will feature kid rock during one song.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at May 20,2005 7:26pm
is it possible for Opeth to turn commercial because of this?

I'm pretty sure I'll give up completely if that happens.

toggletoggle post by mOe_rk at May 20,2005 7:28pm
Opeth have been on the road to commercial for like a year now

toggletoggle post by anonymous at May 20,2005 7:39pm
Niccolai said:
Fuck Opeth

blasphemy!

toggletoggle post by __THeMoor__  at May 20,2005 7:40pm
that was me

toggletoggle post by __THeMoor__  at May 20,2005 7:40pm
mOe_rk said:

how? touring with devil driver? making a soft album?

they can do whatever they want, if the music stays as innovative and incredible as it has always been, then i really don't give a shit.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at May 20,2005 7:42pm
mOe_rk said:

tears of pure denial...

no...I refuse to believe it...ooooh, KLONDIKE BARS, I'm already over it.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at May 20,2005 7:42pm
I actually agree with the moor...haven't really noticed any commercialness...we'll see

toggletoggle post by __THeMoor__  at May 20,2005 7:45pm
commercial for me means a whole attitude change...they still just strike me as a band wanting to play good music to people. sometimes that includes people who may not normally listen to them ā la sounds of the underground. as long as they don't start making shitty metalcore and don some stud belts, then i'm a happy camper...

toggletoggle post by Abbath at May 20,2005 10:54pm
THE DOWNFALL OF OPETH IS NIGH!!!!!!

toggletoggle post by dyingmuse   at May 20,2005 11:38pm
so quick to diss. shame. i wish opeth the best of luck on their new album/deal

toggletoggle post by retzam at May 21,2005 12:15am
Opeth are gonna break up way before they could possibly release or do anything disappointing for me, even if there around for 20 more years this will hold true.

toggletoggle post by retzam at May 21,2005 12:15am
they're*

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at May 21,2005 4:23am
ILLDISPOSED is on Roadrunner now too.

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Jun 1,2005 9:39am
"Basically I got fucked, that's the best way to put it, with Symbolic. Roadrunner had a totally disillusioned idea of what metal is. And that's why Symbolic wasn't pushed. That's not their idea of metal, their idea of metal is Coal Chamber and Korn. Symbolic basically got shove to the side and that's why metal in America has been screwed because of choices made by bigger labels deciding what metal is suppose to be about.

I got shoved to the side and you know what I could have said, "fuck all of this and I'm quitting, but I didn't. I think the album(Sound of Persev..)'s a perfect example of, you know, coming back saying whatever. I'm not gonna let people discourage me.

Eventually Roadrunner are going to jump back on the heavy metal bandwagon and it's gonne be cute, it's gonna be really sickening to see a label jump right back on what they got big from, but basically what they've turned their backs on in the process."

-Chuck Schuldiner
http://www.emptywords.org/BWBK10-98.htm

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Jun 1,2005 9:49am
funny how Symbolic is the only Death CD you can get from that BMG Music Club.

Classic Roadrunner, heh

toggletoggle post by DrinkHardThrashHard  at Jun 5,2006 7:32pm
RustedAngel said:
"Basically I got fucked, that's the best way to put it, with Symbolic. Roadrunner had a totally disillusioned idea of what metal is. And that's why Symbolic wasn't pushed. That's not their idea of metal, their idea of metal is Coal Chamber and Korn. Symbolic basically got shove to the side and that's why metal in America has been screwed because of choices made by bigger labels deciding what metal is suppose to be about.

I got shoved to the side and you know what I could have said, "fuck all of this and I'm quitting, but I didn't. I think the album(Sound of Persev..)'s a perfect example of, you know, coming back saying whatever. I'm not gonna let people discourage me.

Eventually Roadrunner are going to jump back on the heavy metal bandwagon and it's gonne be cute, it's gonna be really sickening to see a label jump right back on what they got big from, but basically what they've turned their backs on in the process."

-Chuck Schuldiner
http://www.emptywords.org/BWBK10-98.htm

It's amazing how relevant these words are today.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Jun 5,2006 10:40pm
truth

toggletoggle post by elders of zion nli at Nov 29,2006 9:08pm
Chuck jumped on the heavy metal bandwagon pretty big himself. But he was a good Jewish boy, so why complain? Only goyim pay retail!

toggletoggle post by retzam at Nov 29,2006 9:51pm
elders of zion nli said:
Chuck jumped on the heavy metal bandwagon pretty big himself. But he was a good Jewish boy, so why complain? Only goyim pay retail!

If it makes you happy, we'll all pretend that this is relevant and meaningful.

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Nov 29,2006 9:52pm
I know I will.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:slacker tracker is watching
[default homepage] [print][5:40:51am Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01412 secs/16 queries]
[search][refresh page]