New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> new Red Chord-comments? by brian_dc on May 17,2005 6:12pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at May 17,2005 6:12pm
since I just got it and have only listened to it once, I don't really have my own comments yet...other than it was an enjoyable listen and I shall come back for more...

oh, and I did enjoy that the guitars were higher in the mix on this one...moving on

but I figured I'd force other people to discuss because you people will respond to anything

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at May 17,2005 6:19pm
i like the instrumental track, the rest are junk !

toggletoggle post by Hooker nli at May 17,2005 6:21pm
i'll probably never hear it.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at May 17,2005 6:29pm
in related news that many will probably not like and others will be happy about

July 26 Between the Buried and Me, The Acacia Strain, The Red Chord, and From a Second Story Window are playing upstairs at the palladium

I'm nippled up about it.

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at May 17,2005 10:50pm
yeah, i just listened to it. it was good, and i'll leave it at that until i hear it again.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 17,2005 11:10pm
wow! awesome...

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at May 17,2005 11:15pm
I would've added that show to the events section...but every time I do I end up doing something horribly wrong and then run away

the whole tour is posted on the metal/hardcore site that tends to promote two similar animals back to back...just hanging out in a field...but they're not cool enough to actually drop the name on a cooler site such as this

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 17,2005 11:28pm
you've best learn...
so you can keep that section of the site up to date

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at May 17,2005 11:33pm
awww...but I just wanted to participate in mindless banter about OK Soda...

yes sir...<bows in subservience>

toggletoggle post by MarkFuckingRichards  at May 18,2005 12:41am
i too just picked this up; i'd say for $8 it's worth it, for the regular red chord fan.

the production is awesome, and the art and layout is even better. i'm happy to see something with more content than adam wentworth's work.

anyone who has only heard 'antman' should NOT judge the entire album by just that track; it's by far the weakest song on there.

the instrumental track is way too long and iron maiden-esque for the red chord. i still like it a lot, but i bought a red chord cd...i wanna hear a red chord cd dammit! the sample at the end makes up for it though, haha

overall i'd say it's pretty efficient; the guitar work is awesome, new drummer is awesome. the vocals are a bit drier than before and there are a few too many breakdowns, but i'd give it 3.75 out of 4 stars, haha

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at May 18,2005 12:49am
Hooker nli said:
i'll probably never hear it.

"FTIRD" is great, but I doubt I will ever hear the new one.

toggletoggle post by blue  at May 18,2005 2:35pm
its not bad. its certainly no fused together, but it has its moments. it doesnt groove like fused together did though. and what happened to guys vocals? they sound totally different.

toggletoggle post by adam_time   at May 18,2005 3:50pm
i agree guy's vocals have changed. in my opinion they've gotten worse, what's the deal with that? does he want to get more commercial or what?
if anyone hasn't seen the antman video it's kinda terrible... you can't see anything that's going on, scenes change too quickly. if you're going to do a typical "band playing in a weird place" video, at least show off some musicainship and focus on the drumming/fretwork occasionally. jeez.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 18,2005 3:56pm
you want to know why his voice changed?
cause recording ftird he blew out his vocal chords and had to re-teach himself to scream/sing with out straining his throat. ever since then (like april-ish 2002), I've noticed that his vocals have been different.

toggletoggle post by cdan   at May 18,2005 4:15pm
^ ^
could be...but his style is now, very conveniently, much more comersh.

toggletoggle post by Paulll at May 18,2005 4:18pm
Dont like it at all. The drumming is weak, the vocals are even weaker and they just rip off buried alive. What happend to the DM influence they had?

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at May 18,2005 4:21pm
cdan said:
^ ^
could be...but his style is now, very conveniently, much more comersh.

I wouldn't consider his vocals commercial, I mean come on. It's not like he's singing. christ.

toggletoggle post by cdan   at May 18,2005 4:21pm
does Best Buy have this shizzle?

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at May 18,2005 4:25pm
Paulll said:
Dont like it at all. The drumming is weak, the vocals are even weaker and they just rip off buried alive. What happend to the DM influence they had?

I can hear some DM influence as well as influence from other area's. They are their own band and play whatever they end up writing, I don't think they are trying to draw influence from one area. I got to watch them jam out some improv jazz shit before they played the radio show and it was pretty f-ing good for just fucking around.

toggletoggle post by __THeMoor__  at May 18,2005 6:06pm
brian_dc said:
in related news that many will probably not like and others will be happy about

July 26 Between the Buried and Me, The Acacia Strain, The Red Chord, and From a Second Story Window are playing upstairs at the palladium

I'm nippled up about it.

OHHHHHHHH SOOOOOO EXCITIED.......FASSWFASSWFASSWFASSWFASSW

toggletoggle post by slowlypeelingtheflesh   at May 18,2005 8:22pm
They are their own genre of music, atleast with the last one they were so you have to look at this with an open mind..and dont just judge it by antman..I like this album a lot.

toggletoggle post by CarrotsandSticks  at May 18,2005 8:28pm
I'm listening to it now. I'm on the instrumental. So far 'Upper Decker' is by far the sweetest track on the album. Yah that one was sooo good. The rest sounds great, it's all pretty much swirled together though.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at May 19,2005 1:44am
yeah, they were playing Upper Decker for a long time....shit, long over a year? I developed my expectations for this album based on how badass that song is...definitely a real standout track without leaving their sound like the last track does.

toggletoggle post by silky  at May 19,2005 1:45am edited May 19,2005 1:45am
pizza.

toggletoggle post by multipass   at May 19,2005 2:14am
Upper Decker is one of my favorites on there. I really disliked Antman when I first heard it off of their site... but I like it a lot now, it kind of grew on me. The vocals are a lot more tough guyish(no pun intended) but I like it a lot, it's just gonna take another few days of spinning to get used to it.

toggletoggle post by IntricateProcess   at May 19,2005 2:39am
i like it, espically the songs ive been hearing live for like over a year (fixation,upper decker). the art dosent make any sense, but its cool i guess, pretty damn good listening

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are so smrt
[default homepage] [print][7:29:32pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.02622 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]