New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> movie: hitchhikers guide to the galaxy by Abbath on May 1,2005 11:58pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by Abbath at May 1,2005 11:58pm
this movie was the shittiest thing in the known universe, what a waste of time, my date and i actually fell asleep, she says the book is better, and i'm sure it is, that movie was so bad sooooooooo bad, it's the first movie that i have ever left before it ended, save your money and rage for something else

toggletoggle post by succubus  at May 2,2005 12:14am
aaron and i are gonna go
you need to read the book

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at May 2,2005 12:19am
bah to this movie, Ive never read the book all the way thru, because it reeked of hippie, and I didnt feel like learning an entire new language to understand it.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at May 2,2005 12:19am
Abbath, lets go get your money back.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at May 2,2005 12:21am
seriously i'm pissed still! what a waste of time, the movie was stupid, you get a few chuckles here and there but after that nothing. i seriously think "The Cursed" was a better film, dead serious

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 2,2005 12:23am
you can't get your $$ back.. someone tried to do that with mel gibson and look how that turned out.
the book was awesome.
like vonnegut mixed with odd british humor.
I heard some reviews of it that basically said that you need to be all about the books before it's cool for you.

toggletoggle post by damnose   at May 2,2005 4:06am
powerkok said:
bah to this movie, Ive never read the book all the way thru, because it reeked of hippie, and I didnt feel like learning an entire new language to understand it.

haha. i haven't seen the movie, but the books are awesome. the dainty british humor does reek of hippies, but it has nothing to do with them. damn penniless hippies.

toggletoggle post by THESAVAGECURTIAN   at May 2,2005 8:05am
I saw that movie. I have read all the books, and own a copy of the original radio show on cassete. And...... THAT MOVIE SUCKS. I LEFT EVEN BEFORE AN HOUR OF THE MOVIE HAD PASSED. Shittily directed with retarded actors. They had all the diolauge they needed in the books, yet they replaced it with retarded diolauge that was not funny and boring. Shitty!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at May 2,2005 8:29am
My girlfriend and I went to see this on Saturday, we walked out before it ended because it sucked. Waste of $.

toggletoggle post by ~carina~ at May 2,2005 8:35am
we\'re still going to go see it =)

toggletoggle post by Abbath at May 2,2005 9:31am
yes! playa haters unite!!!!

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at May 2,2005 9:56am
~carina~ said:
we\'re still going to go see it =)

at least save your $ and rent the dvd, I think it's coming out soon anyways.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at May 2,2005 10:02am
hahahahah it'll probably come out tomorrow

toggletoggle post by ~Carina~ at May 2,2005 10:03am
well i know aaron wants to go and the previews we saw looked cool...also, i have no idea if any \"diehard\" fans of the book went to see it...anyhow, we go in the afternoons so it\'s cheap anyhow

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at May 2,2005 10:06am
the previews did look sweet. then I saw it and it blew. hah.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at May 2,2005 1:01pm
I saw it on sunday, and I liked it. I read the book a long time ago and it's still one of my favorites i've ever read. I'm thinking they directed it toward a too young of a crowd though. It should have been darker, but when I saw it with my girl, there were friggin toddlers everywhere.

toggletoggle post by wakeoftears nli at May 2,2005 1:02pm
fuck I didnt it again. ME^

toggletoggle post by anonymous at May 2,2005 2:52pm
I think I';m the only one on the board who actually liked the movie! I thought it was hilarious

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at May 2,2005 3:01pm edited May 2,2005 3:03pm
I don't remember laughing once during the 75% of it that I saw. Whether or not you read the book shouldn't matter especially to the company making the movies, they are in it to make $$$. I've never read any of the LOTR's books and those movies rule!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 8,2005 5:32pm
it was awesome.

toggletoggle post by CarrotsandSticks  at May 8,2005 6:55pm
I thought it was great too

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 8,2005 7:43pm
no one left when I saw it. the whle movie was pretty awesome and hilarious. if you don't get it, you didn't get the book. it was 90% "high brow" english humor.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at May 8,2005 7:50pm
the only downpoint was the fact that while aaron was getting coffee, i had already gotten our tix and popcorn...i guess the line up sucked at starbucks..so we missed the preview for the starwars flick :(:(:(:(

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 8,2005 7:54pm
the line up didn't suck... the girls running the line sucked.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 8,2005 7:58pm
zaphrod's character sort of sucked cause of the no two heads thing. Also, the book wasn't a love story... WTF was that?
the puking up yard was awesome.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at May 8,2005 8:05pm
ok well i went in but the theatre is sooo far from the entrance i peeked in for like 10 seconds...saw star wars..ran back out to see where the rev was....a minute later he walked in...by the time we were in the theatre...the preview had JUST ended
sigh..i heard the previews were awesome

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at May 9,2005 2:16am
they modified it slightly... and you know what? some of those changes were written by Mr Adams himself. so yeah... dont be hatin on the movie. it was actually really good ... better than i thought it was gonna be

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 9,2005 9:14am
spaldino is 100% right and that's what I kept telling myself as I was watching the movie. I thought it ruled. I loved the books.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 13,2008 1:20am
it's on the tele now.
scifi channel

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Jan 13,2008 1:24am
nice
myth tyme

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Jan 13,2008 1:26am
oh wait i have it nm

toggletoggle post by sxealex   at Jan 13,2008 1:27am
and i enjoyed it aswell

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Jan 13,2008 2:46am
the_reverend said:

the puking up yard was awesome.

truthiness.

toggletoggle post by brad weymouth at Jan 13,2008 2:58am
i digged it

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Jan 13,2008 1:32pm
The BBC series was better.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:you are signing your life away
[default homepage] [print][1:40:36am Apr 16,2024
load time 0.01640 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]