New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> I can not listen to Snowblind by Black Sabbath cause Iommi's fucking guitar is out of tune by the_taste_of_cigarettes on Apr 28,2005 10:21am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 28,2005 10:21am
Every time I get in to it that of tune lick kills my ears.

I feel bad cause I know some of you are big fans. But fucking A it's painful.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Apr 28,2005 10:24am
Personally, I love that song

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 28,2005 10:28am
that song rules. shut up.

toggletoggle post by tiMMa at Apr 28,2005 10:28am
Christraper said:
that song rules. shut up.

toggletoggle post by SUBJUGATE   at Apr 28,2005 10:30am
ozzys voice is out of tune also but i do know what you are saying about the guitar being off key in some parts, still a kick as song tho

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 28,2005 10:30am
maybe it's a good song but apparently Iommi can't tune a guitar.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 28,2005 10:31am
I am pretty sure it's the B or the G that's out on it. it's on that riff that escalates.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Apr 28,2005 10:32am
Sometimes imperfections in songs make them better. Who's guitar is perfectly in tune 100 percent of the time anyways?

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 28,2005 10:33am
mine is!

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 28,2005 10:33am
paganmegan said:
Sometimes imperfections in songs make them better. Who's guitar is perfectly in tune 100 percent of the time anyways?

Steve Vai hhahahahahahaha

can someone explain to me why there's a handle cut into those guitars??

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 28,2005 10:33am
only not at all.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 28,2005 10:34am
the_taste_of_cigarettes said:
paganmegan said:

its because hes steve vai. he didnt buy the guitar that way it just kinda did it by itself.

toggletoggle post by SUBJUGATE   at Apr 28,2005 10:35am
I am pretty sure it's the B or the G that's out on it. it's on that riff that escalates.

probly new strings and as he played they went out of tune it happens

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 28,2005 10:36am
he willed it using his mind.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Apr 28,2005 10:37am
Are you talking about that riff that sounds like She's So Heavy?
That riff rules and that's exactly how its supposed to sound and that's how it sounds when I play it.

toggletoggle post by SUBJUGATE   at Apr 28,2005 10:37am
it is called the monkey grip actyally and he had it cut so he could hold the guitar up as he played one handed

for the record i think it looks gay but VAI rules none the less

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 28,2005 10:40am
SUBJUGATE said:

probly new strings and as he played they went out of tune it happens

yeah I think it was the intonation / bend in the neck.

cause it sounds fine on the low chords, but the minute it goes DO DA DO DA DO DO DO it's off by an eighth or quarter tone.

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Apr 28,2005 10:42am edited Apr 28,2005 10:49am
Tuning is for rockstars. Anyway, what do you expect -- the guy had like 2 plastic fingers. Snowblind is one of my favorite BS songs -- it's fun to play painfully slow using the extra bar chord over the A & E to give it some extra filthiness.

toggletoggle post by WhyamIandasshole   at Apr 28,2005 10:43am
The worst is Gene Simons bass in All Hells Breaking Loose. Soooo out of tune.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 28,2005 10:44am
paganmegan said:

I agree. It's just really really hard for me to hear past it on that song. It's pretty noticeable. The first time my friend Justin showed me the song I noticed it and I just can't get it around it...it sticks out to me.

toggletoggle post by tiMMa at Apr 28,2005 10:54am

its the integrated sports grip, used for clubbing mindless groupies when they get out of hand.

toggletoggle post by th3rdknuckle at Apr 28,2005 12:17pm
HA
that's a riot
that's bugged me for over 20 yrs
He's out throughout the whole album, really

Eddie VH is out on 'Hear about it Later' from Fail Warning, too; makes me cringe

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Apr 28,2005 12:22pm
Iommi snorted half of Bogota back in those days.

toggletoggle post by destroyyoualot  at Apr 28,2005 12:23pm
The "Live at Last" version isn't any better... Great song, though.

"Cocaine!"

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Apr 28,2005 12:51pm
i enjoy that song. tony iommi is incredible.

toggletoggle post by dan. at Apr 28,2005 12:52pm
maybe it's a good song but apparently Iommi can't tune a guitar.

yeah, thats probably true. jesus christ

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Apr 28,2005 12:56pm
The other night at practice, Hoser shredded his finger and was bleeding on his geetar, so he duct taped it.
Then like half way thru the set, he says

"Hold on, I gotta adjust my Iommi"
It was fuckin, pretty funny.

toggletoggle post by danny p nli at Apr 28,2005 12:57pm
>>

can someone explain to me why there's a handle cut into those guitars??>>

those are claw marks from the last fight he had with yngwie

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Apr 28,2005 1:16pm
Alright I did some research on the Steve Vai guitar thing....

"Basically, every company approached me for endorsements, and a lot of them make very fine products. But I had an idea for a guitar that I kinda put together; I had a prototype I was using on tour, three of them actually, that were put together by myself, my guitar tech Elwood, and a friend of mine named Joe Despagni - he owns a company called Jem Guitars that makes custom guitars. What I needed was a supply of these guitars at any time, because live, when you start using a lot of different guitars, when you switch the guitars inevitably sound different or feel different or don't react to the amp in the same way. But with these, there's always consistency. And since I change them so much on stage, I had a handle routed in one as a little joke, but it turned out to be really useful. I was standing at the lathe when they were capping the body and I pushed the guy out of the way, snapped a huge line of coke and pulled my dick out and cried. He knew exactly what to do. Route the hole for the handle. History written, Steve Vai style."

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Apr 28,2005 1:29pm
and I pushed the guy out of the way, snapped a huge line of coke and pulled my dick out and cried. He knew exactly what to do. Route the hole for the handle. History written, Steve Vai style."

Something tells me, The Hooker has fabricated some of this........LOL

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 28,2005 1:30pm
hahah you edited part of that, man!

toggletoggle post by damnose   at Apr 28,2005 1:32pm edited Apr 28,2005 1:33pm
that song is awesome, one of my favorite sabbath songs. a better song than any of us could write (probably...) so who cares if it's out of tune?

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 28,2005 1:33pm
naw i believe it

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Apr 28,2005 1:33pm
destroyyoualot said:

"Cocaine!"

The live at last version is awesome

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 28,2005 1:34pm
work would go by so fast right now if i had an eight ball

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Apr 28,2005 1:42pm
damnose said:
that song is awesome, one of my favorite sabbath songs. a better song than any of us could write (probably...) so who cares if it's out of tune?

I really dunno about that.....I'd like to see if Two finger Tommy could rip some sick ass death riffs.

toggletoggle post by destroyyoualot  at Apr 28,2005 2:09pm
paganmegan said:
destroyyoualot said:

"Cocaine!"

The live at last version is awesome

Awesomely out of tune, yes. Of course, my tape is all stretched-out from being played too many times, so the whole thing sounds like I'm listening to it while huffing gasoline, anyway.

toggletoggle post by Crucifire at Apr 28,2005 2:15pm
I like Snowblind from Speak of the Devil...Brad Gillis!!!WHEEDLEYWHEEDLEYWHEEEEE!!!

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Apr 28,2005 2:16pm
powerkok said:
damnose said:

I really dunno about that.....I'd like to see if Two finger Tommy could rip some sick ass death riffs.

The first 6 Black Sabbath albums are better than any death metal recording ever.

toggletoggle post by Crucifire at Apr 28,2005 2:19pm
Heaven and Hell is worthy...for Die Young and Wishing Well alone.

toggletoggle post by Crucifire at Apr 28,2005 2:20pm
LOOK OUT!!!

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Apr 28,2005 2:21pm
largefreakatzero said:
Tuning is for rockstars. Anyway, what do you expect -- the guy had like 2 plastic fingers. Snowblind is one of my favorite BS songs -- it's fun to play painfully slow using the extra bar chord over the A & E to give it some extra filthiness.

I play the low E string with my thumb on that riff.

toggletoggle post by Crucifire at Apr 28,2005 2:22pm
Tune it to c#.

toggletoggle post by powerkok   at Apr 28,2005 2:48pm
Josh_Martin said:
powerkok said:
damnose said:

The first 6 Black Sabbath albums are better than any death metal recording ever.

Bah...to the max. That is nonsense.

toggletoggle post by Crucifire at Apr 28,2005 2:50pm
My favorite Iommi record is Iommi...Not. He rocked hard on the Rock & Roll Circus with JT, though.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 28,2005 2:51pm
Josh_Martin said:
powerkok said:
damnose said:

Agreed

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 28,2005 2:53pm
Personally I think P-Diddy's remix of snowblind blows away the original. Espescially when they bring in Iommi to play the first riff of the song over and over agian as if its not supposed to go anywhere.

toggletoggle post by Crucifire at Apr 28,2005 2:54pm
Hey. How about those cheap old black (the color) Sabbath tapes??? Those friggin' ruled.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 28,2005 2:54pm
Only im lying and Im really glad that never happened.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 28,2005 2:55pm
Crucifire said:
Hey. How about those cheap old black (the color) Sabbath tapes??? Those friggin' ruled.

mine were white

toggletoggle post by Crucifire at Apr 28,2005 2:56pm
Yeah, but were they like 1/3 the price of a regular tape??? Not the white Warner Bros. Tapes.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 28,2005 2:58pm
oh see i had the WB ones

toggletoggle post by Crucifire at Apr 28,2005 3:01pm
These tapes were real ghetto. They were black with gold print and cost like 2.99 each. Those were sweet. They had totally mangled cover art, and for a while were the only way to get Live At Last.

toggletoggle post by Crucifire at Apr 28,2005 3:02pm
Christraper said:
Personally I think P-Diddy's remix of snowblind blows away the original. Espescially when they bring in Iommi to play the first riff of the song over and over agian as if its not supposed to go anywhere.

I like to put a big scratch in my records, so I can loop the shit out of those riffs...NOT!

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 28,2005 3:03pm
i think weve had this conversation before but i think pot was involved so that might account for the memory loss

toggletoggle post by largefreakatzero at Apr 28,2005 3:04pm
Josh_Martin said:
largefreakatzero said:

Bizarre -- my thumb won't go that way. I just bar the A&E with my index finger.

toggletoggle post by Crucifire at Apr 28,2005 3:06pm
Christraper said:
i think weve had this conversation before but i think pot was involved so that might account for the memory loss

Yeah...You're right. I don't remember shit unless it happened 15 years ago.

toggletoggle post by destroyyoualot  at Apr 28,2005 3:20pm
Josh_Martin said:

Seriously. Although I do greatly appreciate Cannial Corpse's "Zero the Hero" cover.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Apr 28,2005 3:47pm
largefreakatzero said:
Josh_Martin said:
largefreakatzero said:

Bizarre -- my thumb won't go that way. I just bar the A&E with my index finger.

Yeah, its kind of a weird way to play but I grew up on Jimi Hendrix and he used that style a lot so I got used to it.

toggletoggle post by damnose   at Apr 28,2005 5:53pm
powerkok said:
damnose said:

nah, he probably couldn't... and he certainly wrote his share of clunkers (supertzar anyone?). but that's not really relevant

toggletoggle post by BSV at Apr 28,2005 6:12pm
that song makes me wanna do lines, wicked.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Swollen Egyptian Lightning
[default homepage] [print][2:40:20am Apr 24,2024
load time 0.02770 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]