New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Kylesa, Born/Dead, CCSS and Get Killed TONIGHT in Providence! by ArmageddAnne on Apr 21,2005 8:09am
Add To All Your Pages!
Apr 21, 2005 AS220 (Providence, RI)
borndead - 2005-04-21
Borndead(48)
flash animated slider show
ccss - 2005-04-21
Ccss(36)
get_killed - 2005-04-21
Get Killed(43)
kylesa - 2005-04-21
Kylesa(91)
toggletoggle post by ArmageddAnne   at Apr 21,2005 8:09am
KYLESA are going to destroy Providence one more time with their massive wall of amps, be prepared for a quick sludge set!
BORN/DEAD are from CA and they play D-beat, they're absolutely awesome live!
C.C.S.S. from Montreal with members of Inepsy. Never heard them but I figure I can't go wrong putting them on the bill, on Born/Dead's request.
GET KILLED from Providenc, they just have a split 7" with The Body that came out a few weeks ago, high energy hardcore band...

AS220, 115 Empire St.
All ages, doors at 8:30, show at 9pm, $8.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 21,2005 8:10am
rev will be there

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 21,2005 8:39am
people were talking all about borndead last night at the library show. Their shirt design looks like the stole it from dropdead.

toggletoggle post by ArmageddAnne   at Apr 21,2005 9:18am
Born/Dead are so much better live than on recording it's not even funny.

toggletoggle post by destroyyoualot  at Apr 21,2005 1:48pm
I'm wicked pissed that I have to miss Get Killed, but I gotta put band practice first... I guess...

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Apr 21,2005 2:35pm
i will be at this show tonight.

toggletoggle post by Blue  at Apr 21,2005 6:23pm
i really wish i wasnt working tonight. this is such a good show,

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 21,2005 8:33pm
I'm at this show.
horray for wireless!

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 21,2005 10:43pm
ok, c.c.s.s. and get killed! played.
borndead next.
then kylesa.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 21,2005 11:41pm
borndead done.
kylesa setting up.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Apr 22,2005 1:29am
good show

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 22,2005 2:45am
finally back home.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Apr 22,2005 3:19am
it was a beautiful day down here and the turn out was surprising good. it's beginning to look a lot like summer time for the AS220 show.

c.c.s.s.: from montreal, talking that crazy french language. they were just ok. not that much energy... but they played pretty good. I think it would have been much better if they were jumping around the stage. 1/2 their songs were about telling people off or being bums for life.

get killed: fun stuff. Upbeat screamy punk. the singer was all over the place, rolling over the crowd, falling on the ground, etc... At one point, he was dropped (or thrown) on his ass on the floor. next show, I think the singer says that he'll be handing out stickers at their next show.

borndead: I've seen so many borndead shirts lately... that whole "dropdead" font/motif to them. I really thought they would be much better than they were. not that they were bad.. it's just that everyone way over hyped them. they were straight up punk sort of like the casualties. I think I expected more like rysttsesetsetesfsrewtoooooot or whatever that band was. the crowd didn't get too roudy for them.

kylesa: they were the whole reason I convinced myself to go down to this show. I was not disappointed either. they were awesome. I've been listening to the new CD a bunch so I knew most of the songs that they played. I was really happy that so many people stuck around after borndead. after their set, I grabbed a copy of their vinyl (they used pictures I took).

toggletoggle post by phobia  at Apr 22,2005 7:53pm
haha the after party for this show was ridiculous. im still drunk...

toggletoggle post by ArmageddAnne   at Apr 24,2005 11:56am
the after party for this show and the after party of the after party for this show was insane.
Both at my house. Everybody was there but everybody escaped before they got hired to clean. So it's a mess. I just washed the dishes and now I'm locked in my room waiting for the roomies to come back from work thinking that everything will be clean.
FUCK THAT SHIT. I AIN'T CLEANING ALONE.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:type...click...no thinking required
[default homepage] [print][6:38:19pm Apr 19,2024
load time 1.49093 secs/19 queries]
[search][refresh page]