New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> EyeHateGod at Great Scott June 1! by shatteredliz on Apr 20,2005 3:56pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by shatteredliz   at Apr 20,2005 3:56pm
This may have been posted already, but EyeHateGod is playing at Great Scott June 1 with Byzantine!
It's a Wednesday night so it's Blackout Bar and it's $10.

toggletoggle post by killerkadoogan   at Apr 20,2005 3:56pm
is that place 21+ ?

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Apr 20,2005 3:59pm
I'll most likely be there.

What's a blackout bar?

toggletoggle post by ninkaszi at Apr 20,2005 4:19pm
blackout bar is a "rock" night they have every wed at great scotts. it used to be at the paradise.

i shall be there.

ben, it's 18+

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Apr 20,2005 4:22pm
Oh, I was hoping it was bar that makes you drink until you're blacked out.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Apr 20,2005 4:32pm
i knwo i said this when this thread first appeared but i love how this show is ok for great scotts but conifer was too violent to play there.

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at Apr 20,2005 4:37pm
Excellent news!

toggletoggle post by Boots at Apr 20,2005 4:42pm
awesome. i'm there

toggletoggle post by BestialOnslaught  at Apr 20,2005 5:24pm
whiskey_weed_and_women said:
i knwo i said this when this thread first appeared but i love how this show is ok for great scotts but conifer was too violent to play there.

Talk to Great Scott and maybe a certain house show booker that sometimes frequents this board if you wanna find out why...

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Apr 20,2005 5:28pm
BestialOnslaught said:
whiskey_weed_and_women said:

Talk to Great Scott and maybe a certain house show booker that sometimes frequents this board if you wanna find out why...

oh i know about all how the Nazi were involved, i hope this goes find before thee germanz show up

toggletoggle post by BestialOnslaught  at Apr 20,2005 5:32pm
huh?

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Apr 20,2005 5:38pm
BestialOnslaught said:
huh?

don't worry it'll work out fine, it's tip top.

toggletoggle post by The_ExhumeD  at Apr 20,2005 5:41pm
Im so going to see eyehategod, totally fucking blacked out

toggletoggle post by killerkadoogan   at Apr 20,2005 5:48pm
ninkaszi said:
blackout bar is a "rock" night they have every wed at great scotts. it used to be at the paradise.

i shall be there.

ben, it's 18+

excellent

toggletoggle post by RichHorror  at Apr 20,2005 10:50pm
This is excellent news. I saw EyeHateGod and Anal Cunt for the first time at the same show.

toggletoggle post by AUTOPSY_666   at Apr 21,2005 12:53am
No wonder Ben is so childish, he is a child.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Apr 21,2005 8:15am
Well, in defense of Great Scott's, Dysrhythmia and Conifer are known to incite riots at their gigs.

toggletoggle post by killerkadoogan   at Apr 21,2005 10:10am
AUTOPSY_666 said:

No wonder Ben is so childish; he is a child.

or

No wonder Ben is so childish. He is a child.

Use the right punctuation, dick.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Apr 21,2005 12:22pm
Joe/NotCommon said:
Well, in defense of Great Scott's, Dysrhythmia and Conifer are known to incite riots at their gigs.

don't lie man, it was thee Germanzzz !

toggletoggle post by POCKET BOB666 at May 24,2005 4:39pm
where do i get tickets for this

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at May 24,2005 4:54pm
POCKET BOB666 said:
where do i get tickets for this

i would assume Great Scott's or ticketbastard !

toggletoggle post by BornSoVile   at May 24,2005 5:05pm
killerkadoogan said:
AUTOPSY_666 said:

No wonder Ben is so childish; he is a child.

or

No wonder Ben is so childish. He is a child.

Use the right punctuation, dick.

lol, hey Dwyer, this kid will take you to school.

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at May 29,2005 1:36pm
Anyone know how many bands are playing and/or when EHG are going to go on? I'm stuck in Providence until 8 or 9pm but really want to see EHG..I can be in Boston by 10pm but I'm afraid I'll miss them

toggletoggle post by shatteredliz   at May 29,2005 2:06pm
EyeHateGod will probably go on after 11. You can get tickets at www.greatscottboston.com

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at May 29,2005 6:46pm
Do I really need to get tix in advance?

toggletoggle post by ExumedtoConsume  at May 29,2005 8:42pm
eyehategod in my opinion is one of if not the best drug rock bands hopefully this show is sick

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at May 29,2005 10:47pm
Schwegweb: First off, what the hell has EYEHATEGOD been doing during their lengthy absence?
Michael D. Williams: "Just doing a lot of different stuff. Jim’s been doing Superjoint, Down, & C.O.C. for a little while. He was in Debris Inc. with Rob from Trouble and Dave from St. Vitus. Brian has still been doing Soilent Green. Me, Brian and Joey have a band called Outlaw Order which is like faster and hard core kinda stuff, crusty kind of stuff. Gary our new bass player is in a band called Hog Jaw. We all do different stuff.
I’m writing and I finally got my book published and out. I hate to say it’s poetry but that’s what it is. It’s like lyrics and stuff, some of it’s old but most of it is new stuff. Just ramblings and stuff. It’s something I have wanted to do for a long time. I read a lot; I’m a big fan of like Bukowski, Burrows, Kerouac, and writers like that. I just wanted to put out a book and I finally did it."

You guys seem to have a pretty good fan base how’s the tour been going, are the fans still there?
" Fine, everything has been cool. All the fans are still there. Many of them stuck with us but there are a lot of new fans this time around. I don’t know where their finding out about us but they like it. I think the heavier stuff is getting a little more popular you know."

Do you think the new popularity is mainly because of your name sparking the interest?
"No, they definitely like the music. Like I was saying the heavier stuff is getting bigger, bands like Slipknot coming out and being commercially acceptable is helping. We don’t sound like that but it seems a lot of heavier stuff is becoming commercially acceptable. The name also does attract people, it’s like a shock value thing but that’s what we have always had, the shock value thing."

Do you feel with your name being so anti commercial you kind of signed a lifetime commitment to being strictly an Underground band?
"Yea kind of, we just do this for our selves; we just wanted to play what we wanted to play. We were heavy into like Black Flag and the Melvin’s and that stuff so we just started playing stuff like that and people started liking it. The name just stayed, it’s not like the fucking Beatles or something like that you know. It gets us attention but you never know now. A lot of weird stuff is coming out now so you never know what can happen."

It’s funny you mention Black Flag as an influence, was the early years of Black Flag a huge influence on EYEHATEGOD?
"Yea, I like everything they ever have done to an extent. The Rollins stuff I wasn’t that into but like side 2 of “My War”, all the slow stuff they did we were totally influenced by that. From there we discovered St. Vitus and other SST bands. We all love Black Flag!"

Would it be fair to say that EYEHATEGOD are back as a fully functioning band?
"Yea definitely, we never really broke up; we never broke up at all. There was a time when we took a break when we first got off Century Media and every body kind of did their own thing. I was writing for this magazine in New York, that was like 98 or something then we got back together, I hate to say we got back together because we didn’t really split up. Right after that we went to Europe with Soilent Green. We take a lot of breaks because every body is real busy. Were going to be doing this forever because that’s what we do."

What are your views on the state of music right now and how does EYEHATEGOD fit in?
"I don’t know, I can’t tell man. I don’t know right now. There are a lot of bands now that seem to be doing our style. I don’t want to sit here and say we started it you know, I’m not that kind of person but we were way ahead of our time. I would like to think that we are a cross between Black Sabbath and Black Flag and then the feed back is from listening to bands like old C.O.C. and the Melvin’s. I notice that some bands try so hard to be underground but I’m not going to mention any names. That is just who we are."

Any plans on signing a new record deal any time soon?
"Were not really in a hurry. We’ve been taking our time for awhile but we are in talks with a few people. Were trying to work things out and see who can help us out the best."

Do you see the future of bands becoming more of a self run endeavor (Business) instead of relying on a record company for a future?
"Yea defiantly, we come from the whole D.I.Y. punk rock thing but that matters if you have the money to invest. Sometimes a band just doesn’t have it. If everything was perfect we would have are own label now. We do all our own merchandise and all of the tours have been self financed by us."

Having such a huge cult following don’t you think that EYEHATEGOD could profit more from doing things on their own?
"Yea, when we were on Century Media we found that we made more money not being on a label. They did help us out renting a van here or there but that comes out of record sales anyway. Were doing great now. Yea a label can get you into Tower Records and places like that but I would go to shows and people would come up to me and tell me like they sent for our shit from Century Media and they never got it and stuff like that. That shit’s just not right."

What are your plans after this tour comes to an end?
"Were going to start writing more. We just put this thing out called “Preaching the End Time Message. I think the ads say it’s a new album but actually there are 3 brand new songs on it with some live stuff from Japan, stuff from like the Anal Cunt split we did that is pretty rare now. I hate to say it’s like another compilation but it’s got new songs on it and we wanted something to tour on. When we get home we will start writing and recording a full length, I don’t know what label it will be on but were going to start doing it."

Lastly do you have any thing you would like to say to the legion of fans that have stayed true to EYEHATEGOD?
"To all the people that have stuck by we really appreciate it. They are like the hard core true people. I’m a fan you know, I will freak out as much as any one so I understand the people that stick by us and collect all the records. That’s super cool and I thank everybody

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at May 30,2005 3:35pm
top !

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at May 31,2005 1:35pm
tomorrow !

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at May 31,2005 3:51pm
I'll be there...I hope I can get away with burning a joint during the last few songs...

toggletoggle post by anonymous at May 31,2005 3:59pm
THIS JUST IN

Anal Cunt has been added to this bill and will go on right before Eyehategod. Catch Seth's return from the dead.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at May 31,2005 4:06pm
anonymous said:
THIS JUST IN

Anal Cunt has been added to this bill and will go on right before Eyehategod. Catch Seth's return from the dead.

wtf !

toggletoggle post by Kinslayer at May 31,2005 5:32pm
AC??

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:skynet is always watching protecting you
[default homepage] [print][1:57:34pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.01597 secs/13 queries]
[search][refresh page]