New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> planes mistaken for stars on relapse..... by MIDGETSTEALER on Apr 8,2005 3:11pm
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by MIDGETSTEALER at Apr 8,2005 3:11pm
I just read on lambgoat news that planes mistaken for stars just got signed to relapse....please help me understand this.....arent they emo? or scremo or whatever that gay shit is.

toggletoggle post by dan. at Apr 8,2005 3:12pm
thats probably the worst band name of all time. its taking the gay star thing to a whole new level.

planes mistaken for stars

WEOW THATS DEEP!!! hate

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Apr 8,2005 3:13pm
planes mistaken for dildos

toggletoggle post by MIDGETSTEALER at Apr 8,2005 3:15pm
thats kind of depressing that a label with bands like DEP and The end now they sign a band that talks about killing their girlfriends because they went to party without them.

toggletoggle post by dan. at Apr 8,2005 3:17pm
i agree, there are much more valid reason for killing women. like because you can.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Apr 8,2005 3:45pm
Awesome, I like Planes alot. They're insane live, so I hear. They don't really fit into what I would call emo though.

Also, I have definitely heard worse names in the DM scene imho. Planes blah blah blah may be pretentious as fuck (i too think its a dumb name) but at least it's not some retarded sadistic/gory name. I personally am so tired of that.

toggletoggle post by MIDGETSTEALER at Apr 8,2005 3:48pm
planes mistaken for a regurgitated fetus

toggletoggle post by moe_rk at Apr 8,2005 3:49pm
they're a bunch of fat bearded guys playing melodic screamy Rock n. Roll...i thought they were stupid pop punk crap until i saw them @ Hellfest..they're alright

toggletoggle post by dan. at Apr 8,2005 3:49pm
what the fuck? dude....PLANES MISTAKEN FOR STARS

let me break that down for you.

at a time when everyone was using band names that had the word stars in it, this band came along and said. hey. we are going to take this to a whole new gay level.

not only will we make a band name with the word stars in it, but it wont make any sense! and any dumbass who is retarded enough to fall for that band name making sense - will probably also be dumb enough to like our music!!!

toggletoggle post by moe_rk at Apr 8,2005 3:50pm
p.s. they dont fit in on Relapse

toggletoggle post by dan. at Apr 8,2005 3:50pm
its actually kinda genius, that marketing strategy.

toggletoggle post by the_taste_of_cigarettes  at Apr 8,2005 3:52pm
well I agree with some of you and disagree with others.

1) name is kinda dumb
2) this band is fucking fantastic on CD.
3) they SUCK live because they seem to continuously get WAAAAAYYY too drunk and forget what they are doing
4) They are NOT emo but they are kinda like rough crusty thick melodic stuff...but more like if His Heros is Gone or From Ashes Rise did more gruff singing than growling.
5) They have no business being on Relapse.
6) They are the most metal screamy/emo presumed band ever....in the sense that they name albums and songs with evil metal names, had a banner up with like this huge viking like thing when I saw them last, and always talk about fucking thing up and rocking out.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Apr 8,2005 3:55pm
dan. said:
what the fuck? dude....PLANES MISTAKEN FOR STARS

let me break that down for you.

at a time when everyone was using band names that had the word stars in it, this band came along and said. hey. we are going to take this to a whole new gay level.

not only will we make a band name with the word stars in it, but it wont make any sense! and any dumbass who is retarded enough to fall for that band name making sense - will probably also be dumb enough to like our music!!!

haha yes yes the name sucks, but I still like the band. I think they'll do fine on Relapse. Mastodon is fucking miles away from anything Origin or Necrophagist are doing but they're all Relapse bands. Relapse is great for having diversity but for not having any bands that I think suck.

toggletoggle post by Scoracrasia   at Apr 8,2005 4:07pm
Nobody likes them.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:spell something wrong or you=narc
[default homepage] [print][1:57:07am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.01009 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]