New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Does anyone here write? by dugoxistance on Apr 8,2005 12:03am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by dugoxistance at Apr 8,2005 12:03am
Like short stories and such?

I've been reading a lot of Lovecraft lately and it's getting me in the mood to pick it up again. It's been a while since I've felt the urge and need to write again and was curious if anyone else here was into that.

toggletoggle post by BobNOMAAMRooney nli at Apr 8,2005 12:17am
Me I'm really into writing but of course I hate everything I write and have no confidence in what I'm doing. Which is why majoring in journalism was probably the biggest mistake I ever made

toggletoggle post by dugoxistance at Apr 8,2005 12:45am
what kind of stuff do you write? I do mostly dark fiction type stuff.

toggletoggle post by whiskey_weed_and_women  at Apr 8,2005 1:37am
i write horrible crap, that no reads and i love..i love i tells you. but that's cause it's my crap !

toggletoggle post by dugoxistance at Apr 8,2005 1:47am
no one reads my crap either but I don't really love or hate it. I just think it sucks. but I try anyways.

toggletoggle post by KeithMutiny  at Apr 8,2005 5:33am
i write stuff that will give people a headache

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Apr 8,2005 9:37am
I've written two novels and mostly speculative/horror short stories (some regular fiction class kinda stuff too, but of course everyone dies at the end).

I've been unproductive the last few years, but slowly I am picking it up again too

BTW, everyone you can read Lovecraft stories in fulltext on the net, follow this link:
http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/index.html

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Apr 8,2005 9:38am
I used to write like a fiend before I picked up the guitar eight years ago, mostly in the vein of horror fiction. Now I just write songs because I don't seem to have the time or attention span to write entire stories anymore

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Apr 8,2005 9:39am
dude I watched the first half of 'Black Sunday' last night YOU'VE GOT TO SEE THIS FILM, it is gnarly and Satanic

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 8,2005 9:54am
Ive thought about it but anytime I try i can never think of anything to write about. I also just ate four whitecastle burgers and i think im about to puke.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Apr 8,2005 9:59am
DUDE, WHAT DO YOU MEAN, when you post your crazy anecdotes here you never fail to keep me in stitches!

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 8,2005 10:36am
yea but those are like true stories

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Apr 8,2005 10:37am
litacore said:
dude I watched the first half of 'Black Sunday' last night YOU'VE GOT TO SEE THIS FILM, it is gnarly and Satanic

Yeah, I need to see that

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Apr 8,2005 10:38am
Christraper said:
yea but those are like true stories

they're still hillarious. And part of the reason for that is the way you phrase your descriptions

toggletoggle post by dugoxistance at Apr 8,2005 10:55am
that's it dammit. I'm gonna start writing again. This time I'll try not to suck as bad. I have too many unfinished stories though that I'd like to revisit; some good some bad. I don't know. maybe I won't start. I wish I was in a writing group or some shit like that where I could get excited and refreshed.

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Apr 8,2005 10:57am
Revisit the good stuff and get inspired

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Apr 8,2005 11:16am
dugoxistance said:
that's it dammit. I'm gonna start writing again. This time I'll try not to suck as bad. I have too many unfinished stories though that I'd like to revisit; some good some bad. I don't know. maybe I won't start. I wish I was in a writing group or some shit like that where I could get excited and refreshed.

Natalie Goldberg explains in "Writing Down the Bones" you've got to ALLOW yourself to write shitty first drafts. At least you're writing, letting go.

Revision is where you correct things, but also take things from different angles you may not have thought of before.

if you want to start a writing group let me know.

toggletoggle post by dan. at Apr 8,2005 11:38am
i have written several novellas and a couple screenplays. i also have an unpublished book of shorts.

but i usually shy away from talking about how i am an author because the truth is...i cant stand bad writers. and i cant bring myself to pretend to and generally that causes trouble.

toggletoggle post by grundlegremlin at Apr 8,2005 12:37pm
paganmegan said:
I used to write like a fiend before I picked up the guitar eight years ago, mostly in the vein of horror fiction. Now I just write songs because I don't seem to have the time or attention span to write entire stories anymore

I'd like to check out some of your stories, I used to write but music also took over

toggletoggle post by swamplorddvm  at Apr 8,2005 1:57pm
Sometimes I write stuff on paper and sometimes on carboard. It depends.

Actually SOMEtimes I do. But every time I read it back a week after I wrote it, I realize that what I write sucks!

toggletoggle post by groucho at Apr 8,2005 2:47pm
From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it.

toggletoggle post by Anthony nli at Apr 8,2005 3:51pm
I write lyrics. Here are the lyrics from a song CW plays out regularly, called 'Unattained.' It's about how organized religion can be very phony:

Righteousness reaches out cunning hands,
Molding the minds of the meek.
Mindfucked by hope of a promised land
Unattained; reward not received.

A pious purpose, automated response,
A synthetic, sympathetic reaction,
In sheltered simplicity real emotions are lost
To dispassionate stupefaction.

An innocent indoctrination, numbing mind-conversion:
Thoughts beaten down while spirit drowns in ignorance immersion.

Abandon all hope, see, feel, hear and taste nothing
Within and without, surrounded by suffering

Deliver me from my senses

Spurn the consolation of religion
And illusions of immortality.
When you savor eternal suffering,
Purged, purified, you’ll be set free.

Desperately I seek truth
Though rendered senseless by my mind.
Striving forward with baited breath,
I reach for what it hides.

An innocent indoctrination, numbing mind-conversion:
Thoughts beaten down while spirit drowns in ignorance immersion.

Abandon all hope, see, feel, hear and taste nothing
Within and without, surrounded by suffering

Deliver me from my senses.

toggletoggle post by dugoxistance at Apr 8,2005 6:54pm
dan. said:
i have written several novellas and a couple screenplays. i also have an unpublished book of shorts.

but i usually shy away from talking about how i am an author because the truth is...i cant stand bad writers. and i cant bring myself to pretend to and generally that causes trouble.

so you presume that you are automatically better than other writers? are you published?

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Apr 8,2005 7:04pm
I wrote this haiku....

As I read this thread
I slowly realize that
You guys are all fags

toggletoggle post by MyDeadDoll   at Apr 8,2005 7:07pm
i have a degree in writing =)

toggletoggle post by dugoxistance at Apr 8,2005 9:47pm
what have you written?

toggletoggle post by dugoxistance at Apr 8,2005 9:48pm
Hooker said:
I wrote this haiku....

As I read this thread
I slowly realize that
You guys are all fags

yawn.

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Apr 8,2005 9:51pm
Joke there, guy. Writing's awesome and stuff.

toggletoggle post by AndrewNolan at Apr 8,2005 10:11pm
Hooker said:
I wrote this haiku....

As I read this thread
I slowly realize that
You guys are all fags

not a haiku

toggletoggle post by XmikeX at Apr 9,2005 3:23am
i wrote a haiku a few weeks ago. it went like this.

scarf monsters from the
planet Piebald, go back to
the north shore you fruits

-fin-

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Apr 9,2005 11:56am
i love writing, i usally write comics because i have no skills in drawing what so ever, i got like 70+ heroes and villians i've created over the years, maybe one day i'll sit down and actually do something with them...

toggletoggle post by succubus  at Apr 9,2005 12:00pm
dugoxistance said:
dan. said:

so you presume that you are automatically better than other writers? are you published?

i have a book due out in the fall i'll post more once it's out

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Apr 9,2005 12:06pm
groucho said:
From the moment I picked your book up until I laid it down I was convulsed with laughter. Someday I intend reading it.

"was convulsed with laughter" ? nice grammar , jackass.

toggletoggle post by ArrowHead  at Apr 9,2005 12:17pm
thegreatspaldino said:
groucho said:

"was convulsed with laughter" ? nice grammar , jackass.

He's responsible for Groucho's grammar?

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Apr 9,2005 1:08pm
no, but still... that is terrible grammar

toggletoggle post by BSV at Apr 9,2005 3:57pm
i used to write TONS of short stories in grade school. i wrote a bunch of horror stories in 4 grade included a Junior Novelization of Stephen King's It which was 44 pages. I even wrote a solid 20 something about a troll that was born from a dish washer and kills an entire neighborhood, i actually called it Washed in Blood. In high school I attempted to write a novel called the Blasphemy Crusades, I had over 80 pages of notes but the entire project in general was just to grand I never finished a chapter. Nowadays I write philosophy type shit. I'd like to write a book in the future about the new england scene. My father just completed his 2nd edition of his book, he's got plans for a few more, writing is in my blood.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Mass Celtic Downfall
[default homepage] [print][3:16:41am Apr 20,2024
load time 0.01737 secs/15 queries]
[search][refresh page]