New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> 13 Winters reviews their own album by anonymous on Mar 11,2005 7:59am
Add To All Your Pages!
toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 11,2005 7:59am
They admit their album sounds "sucky" and draw a comparison between themselves and Megadeth and Metallica, amongst others.

http://p214.ezboard.com/f13wintersfrm9.showMessage?topicID=191.topic

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Mar 11,2005 8:04am
"All great bands have a sucky sounding first album. (But it never means it's a bad one.)

Type O Negative - Slow Deep and Hard
Metallica - Kill them all
Cradle Of Filth - Black Goddess Rises
Dimmu Borgir - For All Tid
Megadeth - Megadeth
Sepultura - Morbid Visions"

Wow, that guy is dumb on so many levels.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Mar 11,2005 9:27am
aids

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Mar 11,2005 9:31am
There is no self titled megadeth album. what a bunch of tards. Besides type o, metallica, megadeth, and supulturas first albums dont suck at all.

toggletoggle post by litacore   at Mar 11,2005 10:56am
I feel desolate that I haven't heard 13 Winters yet

. . . in Haiti

toggletoggle post by dan. at Mar 11,2005 11:08am
uhh isnt bestial deviation the first sepultera album? and isnt total fucking darkness the first cof demo? and principles of the evil made flesh the first cof album? and what the fuck is 'megadeth - megadeth'??? ahhhaah "kill them all" jesus christ

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Mar 11,2005 11:58am
there seems to be an epidemic of down syndrome running rampant in 13Winters.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 11,2005 12:19pm
I agree!

toggletoggle post by thegreatspaldino   at Mar 11,2005 1:14pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who heard that song? i thought it was a Cradle of Filth cover... but then i realized that the music was actually really horrible and played overly sloppy... so it had to have been an original. and i love how Ms. Heffer ripped off Dani's vocal patterns/style. this band is fucking terrible... please cease to be.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 11,2005 1:28pm
i laughed when i read the megadeth thing too. also, what's kill them all? it's kill 'em all.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 11,2005 1:29pm
dan. said:
uhh isnt bestial deviation the first sepultera album? and isnt total fucking darkness the first cof demo? and principles of the evil made flesh the first cof album? and what the fuck is 'megadeth - megadeth'??? ahhhaah "kill them all" jesus christ

oops, didn't realize i was beaten to the punch on kill them all

toggletoggle post by paganmegan   at Mar 11,2005 1:49pm
does megadeth even have a fucking self titled album? Morons

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 11,2005 1:53pm
i just listened to the track on the 13 winters forum and it sounded like soulfly and cradle of filth had a retarded metalcore baby.

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at Mar 11,2005 2:27pm
sepultura never wrote a good song

toggletoggle post by MikeFuckinFuck at Mar 11,2005 3:35pm
It was funny when Impaled reviewed their own albums, this is just sort of depressing, like old people.

toggletoggle post by MikeFuckinFuck at Mar 11,2005 3:40pm
Hahahahaha, they sample Sixth Sense, the live mp3 they have up is like 50% scary noises and then the sample from that shitty movie. This is the worst thing I have ever heard, I quit life.

toggletoggle post by metalmatt666 at Mar 11,2005 4:14pm
i never heard 13 winters before but i heard they suck

toggletoggle post by handinjury at Mar 11,2005 5:09pm
dan. said:
and principles of the evil made flesh the first cof album?

Zacklys, im actually listening to it right now.

toggletoggle post by Todd_Bombshelter  at Mar 12,2005 1:19am
they should tour with Wretched Asylum, they would sell out hot topics everywhere

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 12,2005 10:26am
oh GOD! They're actually gay enough to make another video. Videos are for fags.

http://dark-valley-records.com/bands/13-winters/video/thedeadlivehi_fi.wmv

toggletoggle post by silky  at Mar 12,2005 10:39am
wow. that bitch has the worst fucking voice ever.

toggletoggle post by him at Mar 12,2005 10:49am
anonymous said:
oh GOD! They're actually gay enough to make another video. Videos are for fags.

http://dark-valley-records.com/bands/13-winters/video/thedeadlivehi_fi.wmv

What an exciting live performance too!

...NOT

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Mar 12,2005 12:26pm
this is the best, this is a question that someone asked die winters:

"Q. Name: Megy Langdon Do you think your the best famale vocalist?

A. Best female vocalist - No
Best female extreme vocalist in the U.S. - Yes.
It all depends on what style you are talking about. I'm not Britney Spears or Avril Levine. I don't bother trying to sing like them because I can't. Likewise, they don't try singing like me because they can't. I say I'm one of the best in the U.S. at what I do because I am one of the few that exist. "

cockyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 12,2005 12:35pm
she doesn't realize how many female singers there are in the underground US. i come across myspace profiles all the time of girls who do vocals for extreme metal bands. they are everywhere. there are girls out there who do it alot better than she does.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Mar 12,2005 12:39pm
i hate that term extreme metal. someone on rttp recently had a good line regarding that term. basically, it reminded the person of extreme sports. i feel the same way. extreme metal makes me think of some dude doing death metal vocals on a snowboard or something. ridiculous.

toggletoggle post by eddie  at Mar 12,2005 12:41pm
dreadkill said:
i hate that term extreme metal. someone on rttp recently had a good line regarding that term. basically, it reminded the person of extreme sports. i feel the same way. extreme metal makes me think of some dude doing death metal vocals on a snowboard or something. ridiculous.

hahahahahahaha

toggletoggle post by lucifer_rising at Apr 19,2005 8:27am edited Apr 19,2005 8:39am
It's kind of pathetic when your demo has better sound quality than the so-called 'debut'. I thought what I heard of their first demo was really good, especially "Dark Embrace". Where The Souls Wander sounded really shitty and sloppy. The guy they had on guitar at that time was excellent - the pudwhacker they've got now sounds like I did 11 years ago (which was admittedly terrible).

It's too bad "Addams" (why the second 'd'? 'cause it sounds kooky, spooky, and altogether ooky? HA!) is such a cock knocker with a grade school mentality, or else I'd have gone by the song quality, which isn't that bad admittedly.

What 13 Winters needs in order to actually be successful:
1. A reality slap. Most people outside of New England have never even heard of them, and half of the New England scene either hates them or has no idea who they are, so there's no call for the cockiness.
2. Better musicianship. The songs are good, yes, but the musicianship leaves a lot to be desired. The drums and the guitars seem to be competing with each other (a problem they'll always have as long as they have Mike Webb on drums, knowing what I do of his 'playing style'), the bass playing downright sucks (Roy should stick to keyboards and keep his fucking mouth SHUT!), and they need a new singer (which they'll NEVER get as long as Roy's sticking it to Diana Dawley- oops, I mean "DIE WINTERS"...HA!).
3. Better lyrics. Again, will never happen as long as Die continues to be their primary lyricist. Note to 13 Winters: literacy is your friend. At least use a spell check.
4. Get a new guitarist. The 19 year-old schmuck 13 Winters has can barely play.
5. Put down the violin. If Roy was Martin of CoF/ex-MDB, then I wouldn't say that - that man can actually play the violin. Roy sounds like he's strangling a cat.
6. Drop "Autumn" from the playlist. To 13 Winters: I know Type O are your heroes, but let's face it, Life Is Killing Me blows chunks.

But as long as Roy Addams is behind 13 Winters' helm, they'll continue to suck. People here will continue to slag them.

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Apr 19,2005 9:09am
LIKM was a decent album. Anesthesia and Nettie are great.

toggletoggle post by lucifer_rising at Apr 19,2005 9:16am
sinistas said:
LIKM was a decent album. Anesthesia and Nettie are great.

No sir...didn't like it. I don't think Type O really cares anymore.

toggletoggle post by sinistas   at Apr 19,2005 9:23am
That's for sure.

toggletoggle post by BestialOnslaught  at Apr 19,2005 11:23am
Joe/NotCommon said:
sepultura never wrote a good song

DUDE!!!

You signed PHANTOM LIMB...

toggletoggle post by Aegathis  at Apr 19,2005 11:28am
I really dont like this band.

toggletoggle post by TimMa at Apr 19,2005 11:50am
dreadkill said:
i just listened to the track on the 13 winters forum and it sounded like soulfly and cradle of filth had a retarded metalcore baby.

and even THAT is an understatement. and what the hell kind of name is 13 winters anyway? whats so special about 13 winters? is it because 13 is supposed to be "unlucky" and winters are so "cold" so therefore that makes them metal? i don't get it. then again, i'm a fucking retard.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Apr 19,2005 8:48pm
TimMa said:
dreadkill said:

and even THAT is an understatement. and what the hell kind of name is 13 winters anyway? whats so special about 13 winters? is it because 13 is supposed to be "unlucky" and winters are so "cold" so therefore that makes them metal? i don't get it. then again, i'm a fucking retard.

actually, you hit the nail on the head

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Apr 19,2005 11:28pm
god damn this band is aids

toggletoggle post by lucifer_rising at Apr 20,2005 7:29am
TimMa said:
dreadkill said:

'Cause 13 is supposedly a pagan number, and they profess to be Wiccan. "Winters"...well...because winter is big with goth and black metal, I guess. I actually think the name's pretty good, and some of the song titles are pretty good I guess. I'm not slagging on their songs for the most part (although a few of them, like "Cold, Dark & Empty", suck donkey balls). I just slag on the band itself.

toggletoggle post by Timma at Apr 20,2005 10:25am
lucifer_rising said:
TimMa said:
dreadkill said:

'Cause 13 is supposedly a pagan number, and they profess to be Wiccan. "Winters"...well...because winter is big with goth and black metal, I guess. I actually think the name's pretty good, and some of the song titles are pretty good I guess. I'm not slagging on their songs for the most part (although a few of them, like "Cold, Dark & Empty", suck donkey balls). I just slag on the band itself.

so in essence, you just agreed with me in a really roundabout dolt-ish fashion. so the song titles are good, the name is good, you're not "slagging" on the songs but you "slag" the band itself. is anyone else lost?

toggletoggle post by strangles kittens at Apr 20,2005 1:08pm
you should check out their myspace, the fat bitch is posing naked. It's enough to make a grown man cry, vomit, and shit himself at the same time

toggletoggle post by lucifer_rising at Apr 21,2005 7:46am
Timma said:
so in essence, you just agreed with me in a really roundabout dolt-ish fashion. so the song titles are good, the name is good, you're not "slagging" on the songs but you "slag" the band itself. is anyone else lost?

OK, lemme clarify a bit for ya.

I said some of their songs are pretty good. Hell, even Nirvana had a couple of decent songs in their catalog. But I don't like Nirvana, and I don't like 13 Winters. I slag on 13 Winters 'cause they're a bunch of idiots, as well as much of the reasons that have been stated on this forum ad nauseam.

toggletoggle post by 666-stringer at Apr 21,2005 7:53am edited Apr 21,2005 9:11am
Heheheh

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Apr 21,2005 9:55am
13 winters if they suck so bad then why did they get asked to play locobazooka a second time. They had to turn it down to to a festival out west. Why is one of there songs off where the souls wander being spun in Norway? Why is one of germanys largest labels negotiating a record contract. Why are they in the metal Maniacs newist issue?Didn't that Hatebread wanna be band, Proqueeria open for them and needed to use some of there gear at a fest this summer? And 13 winters helped them out because thats what real underground metal bands do. But this site is awsome for the press because they keep talking about them. And Bad press is still press. Yeah the recording quality on where the souls wander is not up to par. But when it is was done they did it at home. With there own money.I am almost 30 and been in the metal scene since I was 14, I used to work for Morbid Angel. See kids the underground metal comunity used to work together. But this site goes against what underground metal was based upon. This is forum seems like a teenie bopper forum. One last question if you hate 13 winters how do you know so much about them? Sincerly A.L.R

toggletoggle post by destroyyoualot  at Apr 21,2005 11:38am
him said:

What an exciting live performance too!

...NOT

Hard to believe a band that's playing at Locobazooka is boring as fuck, huh?

Yeah, they're not good.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Apr 21,2005 11:54am
anonymous said:
I used to work for Morbid Angel.

Lemme guess. You quit around the same time as David Vincent and both of you got into gay music like 13 Winters and the Genitorturers.

Bands like 13 Winters are only underground because no one likes them. There's a difference between playing underground music and bands playing mainstream nu-metal crap that are underground but don't want to be.
Getting a slot on Locobazooka means you are mainstream enough for WAAF. That is a far cry from the real underground.

toggletoggle post by denis at Apr 21,2005 12:14pm
13 is a wiccan number? uhh. how so? there are 13 principles of belief i think. but 13 is "evil" because judas iscariot was the 13th guest at the last supper. thats the root of why 13 is evil or whatever the gay.

toggletoggle post by destroyyoualot  at Apr 21,2005 12:45pm
paganmegan said:
does megadeth even have a fucking self titled album? Morons

Heh - Dude went back and edited his post. So now he knows what he's talking about, I guess.

I'm gonna go to lunch and listen to "Kill Them All", now.

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Apr 21,2005 12:48pm
i'm sure it isn't hard to get a song spun in norway.

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 21,2005 1:21pm
denis said:
13 is a wiccan number? uhh. how so? there are 13 principles of belief i think. but 13 is "evil" because judas iscariot was the 13th guest at the last supper. thats the root of why 13 is evil or whatever the gay.

i always thought it was because revelations was the 13th chapter in the bible. but youre probably right, i dont remember how many chapters are in the bible.

toggletoggle post by denis at Apr 21,2005 1:40pm
hmm im not sure if thats true about how its the 13th chapter of the bible (it would be the NT not the actual bible) - but i doubt christians would consider that an evil because thats about the return of christ and their eternal salvation and other such gayness.

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Apr 21,2005 3:21pm
guys! don't give them that much credit, they probably thought 13 as in an unlucky number because they're so badass

toggletoggle post by denis at Apr 21,2005 3:24pm
oh i just found out what it means, from the site.

IF YOU TAKE THE NUMBER 13 AND REVERSE IT (31) - THEN TIMES IT BY 13 (403) THATS THE NUMBER OF TIMES EACH BAND MEMBER ENGAGES IN GAY SEX PER MONTH.

from the site!

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 21,2005 3:29pm
genius!

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Apr 21,2005 4:22pm
wow even homophobia runs rampit on this board. That means you are gay and afraid to come out. its okay. So if playing Lokobazooka is for sell outs Does that mean All that Remains, Diecast, Candiria,Shadows Fall, are sell outs. And anyone who thinks these bands are sell outs are either idiots who write about metal but are not in a band or are not a productive member in the scene. Or if that is not the case then please post contact info so I can give it to the members of those bands. I stopped working for Morbid Angel so I could work for Centry Media. Sorry to dissapoint someones fantasy. I have real work to do that actually has meaning to the scene. You people are a great source of humor on long work day. Thank you for entertaining me and my co-workers.

toggletoggle post by denis at Apr 21,2005 4:27pm
im not homophobic but my boyfriend is!!

calling shit gay doesnt make you homophobic, dickweed. i live with 2 gay guys, one of them being my brother. if i was homophobic i sure as fuck wouldnt let them blow me. i mean what?

but seriously, my extremely homosexual room mates are still not gay enough to listen to wretched shit like this. just because you are a fag, you dont have to go around pretending that you "have meaning to the scene".

by the way, none of the bands you listed are metal.

toggletoggle post by Hooker  at Apr 21,2005 4:33pm
rampit

toggletoggle post by Christraper at Apr 21,2005 4:45pm
Denis is right. Anonymous is a toolbag.

toggletoggle post by Josh_Martin at Apr 21,2005 5:07pm
anonymous said:
wow even homophobia runs rampit on this board. That means you are gay and afraid to come out. its okay. So if playing Lokobazooka is for sell outs Does that mean All that Remains, Diecast, Candiria,Shadows Fall, are sell outs. And anyone who thinks these bands are sell outs are either idiots who write about metal but are not in a band or are not a productive member in the scene. Or if that is not the case then please post contact info so I can give it to the members of those bands. I stopped working for Morbid Angel so I could work for Centry Media. Sorry to dissapoint someones fantasy. I have real work to do that actually has meaning to the scene. You people are a great source of humor on long work day. Thank you for entertaining me and my co-workers.

I never said those bands were sellouts. They started out gay and they signed to a gay label, and they're still gay. Good for them.
They do all suck though. About as heavy as a ball of yarn.

It totally fits that you work at Century Media though. All those bands fit perfectly there.

I don't know why you are getting so defensive. This is an underground board. 13 Winters is a mainstream band who just happens to be stuck in the underground. Of course we're going to goof on them. We goof on Korn and Slipknot too. Shadows Fall gets tons of shit here too. This is mostly a death/black/grind board. You better get used to being offended here. Century Media has nothing that would be liked here anymore. You haven't been an underground label in years. Indie label? Yes. Underground? No.
(well, I guess you did sign Napalm Death but that's one band in a sea of gayness)

toggletoggle post by dreadkill  at Apr 21,2005 7:22pm
Hooker said:
rampit

ha, if you hadn't posted that, i would have.

toggletoggle post by IntricateProcess   at Apr 21,2005 9:35pm
will this band die

toggletoggle post by Abbath at Apr 21,2005 10:01pm
anonymous said:

13 winters never sold out to begin with they just suck and want to suck with other bands, there's a whole lot of sucking going around, making them gay.

toggletoggle post by Kalopsia   at Apr 22,2005 6:14pm
anonymous said:

diecast fucking BLOW!!!! and so does 13 winters. like others have said on this board, no one outside of new england has ever heard of this band (of course a norwegian label is interested in signing them, it's fucking norway!!!!!! anything grIm, KVLT, or dark they love) yet they think they're gods among insects.

toggletoggle post by DestroyYouAlot  at Apr 23,2005 10:11am
anonymous said:
Does that mean All that Remains, Diecast, Candiria,Shadows Fall, are sell outs.

YES.

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:why are you saying that
[default homepage] [print][3:19:59pm Mar 28,2024
load time 0.03194 secs/12 queries]
[search][refresh page]