New Poll
Miscellaneous
Links
Search
End Ass Hat
login

New site? Maybe some day.
Posting Anonymously login: [Forgotten Password]
returntothepit >> discuss >> Cephalic Carnage, Shadows Fall, Terror and Zao in Maine 5/6 by soilworker on Mar 7,2005 3:20pm
Add To All Your Pages!
May 6, 2005 the Station (Portland, Me)
cephalic_carnage - 2005-05-06
Cephalic Carnage(110)
flash animated slider show
randomshots - 2005-05-06
Randomshots(2)
shadows_fall - 2005-05-06
Shadows Fall(188)
terror - 2005-05-06
Terror(146)
zao - 2005-05-06
Zao(122)
toggletoggle post by soilworker  at Mar 7,2005 3:20pm
May 6 2005 at The Station in Portland Maine
6 PM doors
Shadows Fall
Terror
Cephalic Carnage
Zao

Cephalic Carnage is fucking amazing so i can wait for this and then i get to see them again on the 9th

toggletoggle post by RustedAngel at Mar 7,2005 3:31pm
weird fucking lineup, jesus.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2005 3:40pm
agreed.
Maybe I'll be there.

toggletoggle post by soilworker  at Mar 7,2005 3:51pm
yeah i agree it is a very weird line-up

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Mar 7,2005 4:46pm
haha very weird lineup. i need to see zao, even though i hear they're not that good live. but no way am i going to maine for it.

toggletoggle post by blue nli at Mar 7,2005 6:16pm
yeah, odd as hell, but damn that show is going to be packed. all the shadows fall fans are going to hear the token killswitch sounding cephalic song, and theyre all going to declare CC as their new favorite band.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at Mar 7,2005 6:26pm
cc was so freaking good live in canada!

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Mar 7,2005 7:39pm
the_reverend said:
agreed.
Maybe I'll be there.

bullshit terror is playing so obviously your going.

toggletoggle post by tbone_r  at Mar 7,2005 7:42pm
i still haven't seen terror either. im such a fake hardcore kid...i haven't even seen terror...i suck.

toggletoggle post by soilworker  at May 3,2005 7:51pm
this is fri. anyone going

toggletoggle post by Blue  at May 3,2005 7:54pm
i might be.

toggletoggle post by soilworker  at May 3,2005 7:57pm
it say on the musclecity board that this will sell out but i bought a ticket because cephalic carnage is worth it alone.. that sucks because the station gets hot and too full because the stage is not elevated at all

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 3,2005 7:59pm
I'm already on it.

toggletoggle post by __THeMoor__  at May 3,2005 8:21pm
blue nli said:
yeah, odd as hell, but damn that show is going to be packed. all the shadows fall fans are going to hear the token killswitch sounding cephalic song, and theyre all going to declare CC as their new favorite band.

the killswitch CC song, while funny, isn't really good enough...as a killswitch song...

love CC though

i may go to this. i was gonna take a concert break, but the sis wants to go.

does anyone have an address and phone number for this place? you think this will sell out? if so, how can i buy tickets early??

toggletoggle post by i_am_not_logged_in at May 3,2005 9:06pm
I'd love to go, if only for Cephalic Carnage. But it's in Maine and my car's dead.

At least I don't have to sit through Terror and Zao.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 3,2005 9:11pm

toggletoggle post by soilworker  at May 3,2005 9:11pm
it will probably sell out and you can get tickets at any bullmoose store or go to musclecityproductions.com and you can get the address and number i think.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 6,2005 1:26pm
TONIGHT!

toggletoggle post by tnotl at May 6,2005 1:40pm
go for zao, i saw this show last night and they played sweet old songs.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 6,2005 4:24pm
anyone have any idea how to get there?
I'm leaving now... but I don't have directions...
this means carina's going to be my savior once I get there.

toggletoggle post by soilworker  at May 6,2005 9:59pm
i just got home from this. i left after terror. terror tore shit up! the ceiling tiles were getting ripped down and the ceiling bars were bent and wires were hanging. i was not going to stick around for them but it was early and they are fun to watch. zao was good short set though. i got there a few songs into there set. but what i saw was good. monday will be much better and i cant wait to see them. everyone there was getting into them but as soon as they played an old song no one knew what to think. thats fucked cause their old stuff is soooo much better. but i guess they got on this tour because of the new material.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 7,2005 12:36am
whoah... the minute I got in my car, my finger when up my noise...
so much dust packed up there from that show.

toggletoggle post by xMattx  at May 7,2005 1:02am
the_reverend said:
whoah... the minute I got in my car, my finger when up my noise...
so much dust packed up there from that show.

i heard tiles and wires were all over the place

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 7,2005 1:06am
look at the pictures...

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 7,2005 2:33am edited May 7,2005 2:34am
upon entering this venue, I knew one thing, that the ceiling was coming down. I've been in New England long enough to know that. I also knew, 600 people with a low ceiling = 100+ degrees and 100% humidity.

cephalic carnage: this is the reason a lot fo the people I knew were going to this show. unfortunately, most of the people who were coming to the show to see them, missed them. they played all the shots (from what I remember) that they played at NEMHF. Their set started off with hybrid (I think that's what they ended with at NEMHF), but it was f'd up. they played the beginning part acouple times because the sampler was feeding back or something. their set was great, but I would have liked to have heard more off Conforming To Abnormality.. but whatever. they did play lucid interval so that was good.

zao: their set started rocky. the other mic didn't work at all and no body knew how to work the little sound board at all. but I had heard good things about their set... the first few songs SUCKED. I will admit now that I've listened to almost all of their release... I love Liberate Te Ex Inferis, Where Blood And Fire Bring Rest, and The Funeral Of God. after listening to all of their CDs and seeing them live 3 or 4 times, I will admit that I've never recognized anything from the CDs in their live set. anyhow, I'll say again, the beginning of their set sucked. after about 3 songs or so, it got much better. the last 2 songs were awesome. which completely made up for the first 1/2. when Zao's vocals hit, they are some of my favorites... when they don't (A Parade Of Chaos), it's horrible.

terror: filled with all the normal speeches that vogel gives (one about people "his age" finding cancer), but mostly filled with outbreak members rolling around on top of the crowd. I think they played the same exact set list that they played at NEMHF. the crowd was totally into the show too. one of the songs they played sounded just like some other band... but I can't remember who it was. oh well, I suck. they started the destruction of the ceiling. when the singer of a band asks you to "destroy this place", the crowd complies.

shadows fall: started off completely rocky and went both down hill and up hill after that. there were a lot of little technical difficulties that stopped the show dead over and over. the crowd went nutty, pulling down all the ceiling pannels. as they blazed through a couple songs, the ceiling panels started turning into wires and lights coming down. not even 1/2 way through their set, the show stopped. someone from the club kept yelling to shut the show down. SteveEye9 and chris muscle city shut the dude down and pushed the crowd back to stuff the wires back up in the ceiling. they they continued... only to have the power cut out a song or two later. they ended their set very low key since the near-death-by-electricution earlier in the night. after, it was great seeing brian, tara, and matt. since SF's been off and not playing as many NE shows, I dont get to see those guys much any more.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 7,2005 2:39am
the most confusing part of this show is that someone had a table and was selling FSU shirts...
a lot of mallcore kids bought FSU shirts.
made me sort of want to kick their asses myself.

toggletoggle post by succubus  at May 7,2005 3:10am
i was his savior yet again

toggletoggle post by santoro at May 7,2005 10:27am
fuck zao they suck

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 7,2005 11:21am
why does josh (cephalic) and the singer of zao always wear the same shits?
and I mean ALWAYS.

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 7,2005 11:40am
hellfest

last night

toggletoggle post by the_reverend   at May 7,2005 11:45am

toggletoggle post by santoro at May 7,2005 11:52am
its probably because they are too poor for new shirts because the know they suck

toggletoggle post by soilworker  at May 7,2005 12:19pm
i was talking to lenzig before i left and he seemed frustrated that the sound was fucking up for them at the beginning but he just he hopes the boston show will go better. which it will because the sound at the middle east seems to be pretty good. very cool guy though.

toggletoggle post by __THeMoor__  at May 7,2005 1:39pm
wow this was crazy.

everyone knew that ceiling was coming down...

cephalic carnage-started off a bit rough but got better and better. most people in the crowd didn't pick up on any of the humour...makes it all the better. played king of the hill theme again

zao-only...3 old songs i believe. i actually like the new stuff, so i was pretty happy (like the old stuff too...i'm easy to please). good normal set.

terror-i can't really listen to these guys on cd, but live is a different story. their music is bland and unimaginative, but live their energy is so awesome it's hard not to enjoy the show. kids were going crazy, and everyone realized the ceiling didn't stand a chance.

shadow's fall-wow...total destruction. i'm surprised no one from the place didn't shut them down/tell them to cut it out earlier. lots of stuff off of the new cd, only one song off of the two old one's that i remember (crushing belial). so surprised this show didn't get shut down

i have a sneaking suspicion that this will be the last metal show at this place.

toggletoggle post by __THeMoor__  at May 7,2005 1:48pm

toggletoggle post by __THeMoor__  at May 7,2005 1:48pm
^^^^^^^^

Wow!

toggletoggle post by anonymous at May 7,2005 5:44pm
i heard there was ASBESTOS in the ceiling tiles......

toggletoggle post by wade at May 7,2005 5:52pm
i was a lazy fuck and just hung out at this show, rather than shoot. Missing CC killed my enthusiasm as far as that goes. got to see the whole wires-at-eye-level thing and Brian SF, nervously explaining to the crowd that "those ARE wires n' shit...heh."

after I got to shoot the much talked about (maybe) but rarely seen "Little John," the secret leader of Cephalic Carnage and...the world(?)

toggletoggle post by GoatCatalyst at May 8,2005 4:05am
what a bunch of fucktards

toggletoggle post by Joe/NotCommon   at May 8,2005 8:54am
The show tomorrow night will be better, because there is no Zao on my show

toggletoggle post by Bogus Rendition at May 8,2005 2:08pm
wade said:
i was a lazy fuck and just hung out at this show, rather than shoot. Missing CC killed my enthusiasm as far as that goes. got to see the whole wires-at-eye-level thing and Brian SF, nervously explaining to the crowd that "those ARE wires n' shit...heh."

after I got to shoot the much talked about (maybe) but rarely seen "Little John," the secret leader of Cephalic Carnage and...the world(?)

Dude, the rarely seen "little john" was fucking cool. You know, it wouldnt suprise me to see that little dude mass produced and turned into a religeous artifact and have a whole riligeon based on him one day.

toggletoggle post by wade at May 8,2005 9:13pm
haha. i'll post a pic later.

toggletoggle post by Hill  at May 10,2005 4:52pm
OMG that show kicked ass!!!
haha I loved the bands and the crowd, haha tearing up the place rocked.

toggletoggle post by anonymous at May 11,2005 4:19pm
best night of my fucking life...until now...haha..

toggletoggle post by __THeMoor__  at May 11,2005 5:04pm
yarrrrr, twas a good time...

toggletoggle post by anonymous at May 17,2005 1:34pm
yuo can't really pick on zao or terror seeing as both bands were out of their scenes. If you saw terror with outbreak up in bucksport it would a different story. If you saw zao last year with Scarlet and Remembering Never, (and before the funeral of god dropped) it would be a different story. I think it's fucked up that they put them with shadows fall and FF

toggletoggle post by anonymous at Sep 1,2005 11:49pm
terror was the only good band there and all the metal kids sucked

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 1,2005 11:56pm
unite unite unite

shut up

toggletoggle post by cav nli at Sep 2,2005 12:00am
unite is actually throwdown brian, dont you know your tough guy hardcore??

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 2,2005 12:05am
nope

toggletoggle post by cav nli at Sep 2,2005 12:21am
you should its brilliant.

toggletoggle post by brian_dc  at Sep 2,2005 12:22am
nope

Enter a Quick Response (advanced response>>)
Username: (enter in a fake name if you want, login, or new user)SPAM Filter: re-type this (values are 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E, or F)
remember:Crippled Hybrid Secrets
[default homepage] [print][5:08:29pm Apr 25,2024
load time 0.02693 secs/22 queries]
[search][refresh page]